• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 27 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $17,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $17 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Major Change to Wyndham VIP Program in Email 7/19/2022 [MERGED]

bweltsch

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what was stated in the "seminar" yesterday, if you use ONE point from resale or third party it invalidates VIP status for that reservation. I think that would answer the extra night question.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what was stated in the "seminar" yesterday, if you use ONE point from resale or third party it invalidates VIP status for that reservation. I think that would answer the extra night question.
The extra night is a twist, though. You have already booked a four night stay using 100% VIP points. And let's say you did it at a VIP 50% points discount within 60 days. Now you go back in and add an additional night using resale points with no discount. So you have four nights on VIP privileges and one night on persona non grata privileges.....

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
The extra night is a twist, though. You have already booked a four night stay using 100% VIP points. And let's say you did it at a VIP 50% points discount within 60 days. Now you go back in and add an additional night using resale points with no discount. So you have four nights on VIP privileges and one night on persona non grata privileges.....
Based upon the seminar yesterday - I'm going to speculate that since the points bucket selection is "once and done" on the initial reservation - the Add Nights function will only allow use of the points bucket originally used. We'll have to wait and see to be sure.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Based upon the seminar yesterday - I'm going to speculate that since the points bucket selection is "once and done" on the initial reservation - the Add Nights function will only allow use of the points bucket originally used. We'll have to wait and see to be sure.
If that is the case, then perhaps a split reservation then ask the resort to sew them together. Some have said in these threads that it's a matter of learning the new rules and finding workarounds, and a couple were shot down for that, I think, but I believe that will be the case. I believe there are owners here that are smarter than the smartest individual working for Wyndham, and when you smart ones get your heads together you become like an intellectual Megatron.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham PresRes, Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (4), some others.
Let's say the new system allows that. The next question would be will the resort combine the reservations like they do now. If the resort considers this to be two separate transactions, then you shot yourself in the foot. You'll have to check out before 10 AM and check in again at 4 PM or whenever the unit is ready.

Logically, you can't have it both ways -- two separate transactions points-wise and a single seamless reservation at the resort. The Lord only knows how it will turn out when the new "features" are rolled out.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard and Flagstaff
perhaps a split reservation
I mean, there is no such thing as a split reservation anymore, not since 2017. It’s two reservations. Maybe the resort can keep you in the same unit, maybe they can’t. You’re at the whim of the resort’s room assigner and probably won’t know your fate until check-in.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And maybe I’m not a creative thinker (I’m really not), but I can’t figure out what the big gotcha is even if you could add nights with resale points to a VIP reservation. It seems a bit Underpants Gnomes-y to me.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
And maybe I’m not a creative thinker (I’m really not), but I can’t figure out what the big gotcha is even if you could add nights with resale points to a VIP reservation. It seems a bit Underpants Gnomes-y to me.
If you want five nights, all five nights are at full points cost if this can't be done.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you want five nights, all five nights are at full points cost if this can't be done.
If the original scenario was that you've booked using a VIP discount and now want to add nights, then all five nights are not at full cost if this can't be done. You already have four nights at a VIP discount. If this can't be done, then you already have the 4 discounted nights, and the system will let you add one night using VIP points at a discount. If you don't have those points in the current year you can either borrow VIP points from next year or I guess rent (though I've never added a night, am not VIP so I've never used VIP discounts, and very rarely rented, so I really don't know what happens when renting to add a night during the VIP discount window). If the system is working as they've said it would, it will not even give you the option to use non-VIP points. The only way you get 5 nights at full points is if you cancel the 4 discounted nights and book 5 nights with non-VIP points.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Grand Desert, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
If the system is working as they've said it would, it will not even give you the option to use non-VIP points. The only way you get 5 nights at full points is if you cancel the 4 discounted nights and book 5 nights with non-VIP points.
I anticipate it happening just as you suggest. Which is fine by me. But, I'm a 85% VIPP, 15% Resale owner who is not really looking for any loopholes.

Mr. Phil

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HHI
My big question would be if you are short points on a VIP reservation could you choose to borrow points from the next Use Year if you have resale points available in same use year.
Can not borrow resale for short developer and the opposite holds within the same year. I was told anyone with developer points and less than 100,000 resale points will have a difficult time using unless for short stays, they do not qualify for discounts.

troy12n

Reaction score
Can not borrow resale for short developer and the opposite holds within the same year. I was told anyone with developer points and less than 100,000 resale points will have a difficult time using unless for short stays, they do not qualify for discounts.
I think we were told you can combine retail and resale points to make a booking, but you lose any VIP privilages when you do so. Is this not accurate?

Also what's preventing you from borrowing from a future UY to complete the transaction?