• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

maintenance program

basl99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
vistana, worldmark
Worldmark offers a program where they buy back weeks to offset the maintenance fees - this program is expensive to join
is it worth it?

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
I am not familiar with it, but most TS programs that use points/credits for other things (MFs, air travel, car rental, etc.) are no where near the MF cost for those points. I guess it would be an option if they were going to expire, but you are better off renting them to another owner for $0.07 - $0.08 per credit.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I think I know what you are talking about. It is a Wyndham Plan. You Book a week with your Worldmark Points and turn it over to Wyndham. They will try and rent out all or part of it. They take a 40% Cut from the Rental. There is no guarantee by Wyndham on how many of the 7 days they will be able to rent. It can be zero days. It can be all 7 days. The only guarantees are you are out all of the Points it took to make 7 day the Reservation and Wyndham will take 40% of what ever rent is paid.

jrb916

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’d rent my credits to other owners for $0.06-.09 each than participate in Wyndham’s program.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I buy credits for big trips. The average price has been about 7 cents a credit. I was bummed out when Wyndham changed the housekeeping rule in 2016 so we can't buy these. I think hk tokens are about $116 this year. Even so, where else can you get a nice 2 bed unit in a nice area for about $816.00 a week ?

Bill

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I buy credits for big trips. The average price has been about 7 cents a credit. I was bummed out when Wyndham changed the housekeeping rule in 2016 so we can't buy these. I think hk tokens are about $116 this year. Even so, where else can you get a nice 2 bed unit in a nice area for about $816.00 a week ?

Bill
I really think those fees are high. A hotel room takes 20-45 minutes to clean. If you triple that you are at 1 hour - 2 hour 15 minutes. If they paid the housekeeper $20 per hour you are looking at cleaning costs of $20 to $45. Add in another $5-$10 for cleaning supplies and you are still 1/4-1/3 of what they charge.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I really think those fees are high. A hotel room takes 20-45 minutes to clean. If you triple that you are at 1 hour - 2 hour 15 minutes. If they paid the housekeeper $20 per hour you are looking at cleaning costs of $20 to $45. Add in another $5-$10 for cleaning supplies and you are still 1/4-1/3 of what they charge.

Yes, I think the fee is high. Wyndham is adding their cost to manage the housekeeping program and they need a 30% profit.

Bill

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I won't say the housekeeping fee is a bargain, but I will say that you are severely understating what it takes to turn over a room. Yes, there is the actual wages to the housekeeper (plus taxes and benefits). Then there are the supplies - both used to clean and left for you to use. Then there is supervision. Then all of that laundry has to be cleaned. And yes, Wyndham gets a fee for managing everything.

Also, it takes a long time to clean kitchens and bathrooms especially. And remember how everything is always perfectly in its place in the kitchen. Someone spent time doing that.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think the fee is high. Wyndham is adding their cost to manage the housekeeping program and they need a 30% profit.

Bill

These are the actual total costs for WorldMark housekeeping in 2021. A "Turn" is the housekeeping following a stay.

There is no "30% profit" for Wyndham in the costs.

1653077158138.png

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
These are the actual total costs for WorldMark housekeeping in 2021. A "Turn" is the housekeeping following a stay.

There is no "30% profit" for Wyndham in the costs.

View attachment 55521
Thx. how does this translate to unit size? Also seems it should be prorated somewhat on length of stay. After all fax time is as little as $80 per night with now fee.

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thx. how does this translate to unit size?
It is an average for all unit sizes. There are somewhat increased costs for larger units versus studio or 1 bedroom. That is reflected when paying cash for housekeeping versus using a HK token, and why when owners expect to run short of HK tokens, they pay cash for smaller unit stays and save the HKs for larger unit stays.

Also seems it should be prorated somewhat on length of stay. After all fax time is as little as $80 per night with now fee.

It is the same size unit to clean whether the stay was for a few nights or a full month. One night stays using a cash option that includes complimentary housekeeping is a money loser for the Club, so all owners subsize these one-night stays to a certain extent.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Thx. how does this translate to unit size? Also seems it should be prorated somewhat on length of stay. After all fax time is as little as $80 per night with now fee.

It is an overall average. It costs the same no matter whether you stay 1 night or a week. And to your point it shows what a bargain $80 per night is - especially for a one night stay.