• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maintenance Fees at Silver Lake, Kissimmee.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at Silver Lake and have not received a maintenance fee bill. I called earlier this month and was told the fees weren't finalized. Here we are almost into 2023 and I can't believe they have not been issued. Are there any other owners out there in the same boat?

jrb916

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe they owned or managed by Capital Resorts? If so, yes several of us are in the same boat...

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
Yes, in the same boat and what a Sh** Show. Trying to book my unit for March 11. Have been trying since October to pay my MF's, their owner site was taken down in late December (previously was showing a zero balance when I logged in). On January 6 after an incredibly long wait on hold, I was told that they don't know what the MFs are and that I can't (yet) pay online. They are "working on it". They sent all owners a nasty email letter in early January begging us to pay the MFs that they can't tell us about and don't have the ability for us to pay.
On that same call though I did manage (I thought) to make a reservation for my dates. But the confirmation never came through.
So called again today. They have no record of my reservation. And now no units available for my dates. How can there be no units available if none of the owners have been able to pay their MF's?
Guess I'll be going online to try and find a reservation somewhere else.
I think I'll give paying this year's MF's the same priority they seem to be giving it.

ETA Update: after another hold I was able to get a manager on the line. The resort is overbooked, but he put me on hold for a 'long shot' and came back with a reservation number.
I can't understand how the resort can be overbooked. Yes it is an early March break week, but we've stayed there before and the resort would generally be about half-full.
Now that Capital Vacations has taken over, there are no units left for owners who are all waiting for their MF bills but the resort is overbooked? So are they just selling the villas on the open market while shutting owners out? I smell a rat here.

I do appear to have a reservation (or at least a reservation number) - going to call again in a day or so just to confirm. But I am also thinking whether I want to actually take it now. If I drive 24 hours down there only to find out that I don't actually have anything, I'm am not going to be a happy camper... Problem is it's too late, no other availability for Orlando at this time in RCI, about the closest I get is Myrtle Beach (been there, it's okay).

Last edited:

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, in the same boat and what a Sh** Show. Trying to book my unit for March 11. Have been trying since October to pay my MF's, their owner site was taken down in late December (previously was showing a zero balance when I logged in). On January 6 after an incredibly long wait on hold, I was told that they don't know what the MFs are and that I can't (yet) pay online. They are "working on it". They sent all owners a nasty email letter in early January begging us to pay the MFs that they can't tell us about and don't have the ability for us to pay.
On that same call though I did manage (I thought) to make a reservation for my dates. But the confirmation never came through.
So called again today. They have no record of my reservation. And now no units available for my dates. How can there be no units available if none of the owners have been able to pay their MF's?
Guess I'll be going online to try and find a reservation somewhere else.
I think I'll give paying this year's MF's the same priority they seem to be giving it.

ETA Update: after another hold I was able to get a manager on the line. The resort is overbooked, but he put me on hold for a 'long shot' and came back with a reservation number.
I can't understand how the resort can be overbooked. Yes it is an early March break week, but we've stayed there before and the resort would generally be about half-full.
Now that Capital Vacations has taken over, there are no units left for owners who are all waiting for their MF bills but the resort is overbooked? So are they just selling the villas on the open market while shutting owners out? I smell a rat here.

I do appear to have a reservation (or at least a reservation number) - going to call again in a day or so just to confirm. But I am also thinking whether I want to actually take it now. If I drive 24 hours down there only to find out that I don't actually have anything, I'm am not going to be a happy camper... Problem is it's too late, no other availability for Orlando at this time in RCI, about the closest I get is Myrtle Beach (been there, it's okay).

Could it be they are making more money renting out our weeks that what we owe in maintenance fees? Do they want us to just give up our weeks in frustration so they can keep doing so? They could be making it very easy for me to just send them a quit claim deed in lieu of ownership.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Could it be they are making more money renting out our weeks that what we owe in maintenance fees? Do they want us to just give up our weeks in frustration so they can keep doing so? They could be making it very easy for me to just send them a quit claim deed in lieu of ownership.
I am suspicious I must admit. I escalated to a manager at one point, and asked him how it could possibly be overbooked. He said it would be owner reservations (my experience was not many of those) and exchanges. I didn't bother pointing out that owners can't exchange until MF's are paid, and they can't tell us what MFs are or processes them, so how are people exchanging.

on the same escalation to a manager, I asked if they were taking deed-backs. I was surprised that he didn't shut it down, it was more that he was in a 'different system' trying to deal with my reservation question. Since I am trying to book this year I didn't pursue it, but I will probably start down that avenue as soon as we have our vacation safely under our belts for this year. They might actually be interested since they are only able to market ownerships that owned by the association. They get 'stock' to sell if we give ours back, and based on my experience so far with Capital, I am very tempted to divest.

BTW - after 2 more days of calling and another couple of hours on hold, I did finally get a reservation confirmation including an assigned villa number, so I am feeling a little better about it, except that the villa number is higher than I thought they went (in the 1900's). Have they built any new buildings there in the last 5-6 years? That was the last time we actually stayed there. I know there were 3 more towers on the plans.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am suspicious I must admit. I escalated to a manager at one point, and asked him how it could possibly be overbooked. He said it would be owner reservations (my experience was not many of those) and exchanges. I didn't bother pointing out that owners can't exchange until MF's are paid, and they can't tell us what MFs are or processes them, so how are people exchanging.

on the same escalation to a manager, I asked if they were taking deed-backs. I was surprised that he didn't shut it down, it was more that he was in a 'different system' trying to deal with my reservation question. Since I am trying to book this year I didn't pursue it, but I will probably start down that avenue as soon as we have our vacation safely under our belts for this year. They might actually be interested since they are only able to market ownerships that owned by the association. They get 'stock' to sell if we give ours back, and based on my experience so far with Capital, I am very tempted to divest.

BTW - after 2 more days of calling and another couple of hours on hold, I did finally get a reservation confirmation including an assigned villa number, so I am feeling a little better about it, except that the villa number is higher than I thought they went (in the 1900's). Have they built any new buildings there in the last 5-6 years? That was the last time we actually stayed there. I know there were 3 more towers on the plans.
Thanks for the update. I wonder how owners were able to book weeks 1 through today and stay if the fees were not paid. How did they accommodate that? I assume there will not be any late fees when they do come out with a fee schedule.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
To my great shock and horror I just received my maintenance fee bill in the mail. Also to my horror the fees did not go up any noticeable amount!! I wonder what the issue was in the delay in sending them out? Maybe Capital (the new management company) did not have the instrument in place to bill and accept the payment. Maybe the previous board/management purged all the records and they had to be reloaded by hand? One can only guess.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Good news when maintenance fees don’t go up!

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To my great shock and horror I just received my maintenance fee bill in the mail. Also to my horror the fees did not go up any noticeable amount!! I wonder what the issue was in the delay in sending them out? Maybe Capital (the new management company) did not have the instrument in place to bill and accept the payment. Maybe the previous board/management purged all the records and they had to be reloaded by hand? One can only guess.
Still waiting for my bill and/or notice, but I did see them posted online several days ago and paid immediately as we are scheduled to stay next week. The online payment system did operate as it should.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for my bill and/or notice, but I did see them posted online several days ago and paid immediately as we are scheduled to stay next week. The online payment system did operate as it should.
I wonder what arrangement was made for owners in months January and February to stay in their units if MF's were not issued? Or, did they just rent the weeks out to the general public to make some cold hard cash to bolster the reserves.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wonder what arrangement was made for owners in months January and February to stay in their units if MF's were not issued? Or, did they just rent the weeks out to the general public to make some cold hard cash to bolster the reserves.
I am inclined to the think the latter since they said they had zero availability for March. If most of the MF's hadn't been paid for the month how could the resort be full? They did say I could pay the estimated fees (ie last year) but they had no secure way to make payment. Based on my experience with them I wasn't too comfortable providing my credit card information over the phone. They did take my reservation without any payment however, but it was a lot of effort to get through to them (hours on hold) so I doubt a LOT of owners went through that trouble.
I have similar fees for our 3BRLO, and since they always deposit the underlying week (late summer) we get very good TPU in RCI for our payment. That's why we almost always trade SLR and stay at SVR. Still based on experience so far with Capital we are seriously considering an exit strategy.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am inclined to the think the latter since they said they had zero availability for March. If most of the MF's hadn't been paid for the month how could the resort be full? They did say I could pay the estimated fees (ie last year) but they had no secure way to make payment. Based on my experience with them I wasn't too comfortable providing my credit card information over the phone. They did take my reservation without any payment however, but it was a lot of effort to get through to them (hours on hold) so I doubt a LOT of owners went through that trouble.
I have similar fees for our 3BRLO, and since they always deposit the underlying week (late summer) we get very good TPU in RCI for our payment. That's why we almost always trade SLR and stay at SVR. Still based on experience so far with Capital we are seriously considering an exit strategy.
In the past I was able to get them to deposit a very good week into RCI. I got 40 TPU for my 2br and 35 TPU for my 1br. The last few years they have given just the underlying deed week which gave me approx. 24/22. So far I guess I don't feel too cheated but I liked the old way better (requesting a good week). I too bank SLR. However, this year I will likely be banking with Trading Places. Capital is affiliated with TP/VRI. The exchange fee is much lower than RCI. I refuse to deal with RCI since they have become so greedy with their fee increases.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Replying to my own thread, we were at the resort last week. While my daughter was minding the house, my MF bill arrived by mail while we there on March 15. Guess what the due date was for the MF's - March 15. And read the back of the bill! Their policy for late payment is horrible:
- 30 days late $25 dollar fee plus 1.5% interest (18% pa - but actually much higher because they are likely compounding it)
- 60 days late, an additional $50 fee plus another $15 lockout fee
- 90 days late, turned over to collection - Capital will refuse to talk to any owner in Collections until cleared by the collector (so if the f'd up something - and from what I've seen of these jokers that is HIGHLY likely - you are f'd over as well because you won't be able to get them to correct their error).

We had a wonderful stay at SLR this week, but I am so over these new 'owners' (what they call themselves) i.e. Resort Managers.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Replying to my own thread, we were at the resort last week. While my daughter was minding the house, my MF bill arrived by mail while we there on March 15. Guess what the due date was for the MF's - March 15. And read the back of the bill! Their policy for late payment is horrible:
- 30 days late $25 dollar fee plus 1.5% interest (18% pa - but actually much higher because they are likely compounding it)
- 60 days late, and additional $50 fee plus another $15 lockout fee
- 90 days late, turned over to collection - Capital will refuse to talk to any owner in Collections until cleared by the collector (so if the f'd up something - and from what I've seen of these jokers that is HIGHLY likely - you are f'd over as well because you won't be able to get them to correct their error).

We had a wonderful stay at SLR this week, but I am so over these new 'owners' (what they call themselves) i.e. Resort Managers.
At least there is a 30 day grace period. Many timeshare companies levi the late fee the day after it was due.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
At least there is a 30 day grace period. Many timeshare companies levi the late fee the day after it was due.
Yes, but the bill arrives on the due date. And sent to collections at 90 days and they refuse to talk to the owners? That is outrageous if you ask me! I own the property outright, not them. As owners we hire the management company.

Also, for other owners the former ownerservices@silverlake.net is no longer monitored. Not that it bounces back, they just don't look at it any more. This is the address where I have been sending deposit requests for the past decade. Instead you now have to get them to cough up the secret email address of the one guy at Capital that can make your deposit to RCI. I had to ask a couple of times at the front desk while there, and got the email for Jaime Gavilanes jgavilanes@capitalvacations.com who is apparently the ONLY person who can provide this service for owners. Provided here for the use of other owners, however I highly doubt that Jaime will still be there next year when time to deposit rolls around again.

By the way, the stalling of the management company has by now probably cost me about 50% of the TPU I would normally receive. Hard to tell yet exactly how much because, although Jaime emailed back to say he had done the deposit, I have yet to see it in my RCI account (used to take an hour or two - actually the message from RCI usually arrived before the confirmation from Silver Lake). I feel another 2 hours on the phone with CV, and a massive headache, coming on for tomorrow.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, but the bill arrives on the due date. And sent to collections at 90 days and they refuse to talk to the owners? That is outrageous if you ask me! I own the property outright, not them. As owners we hire the management company.

Also, for other owners the former ownerservices@silverlake.net is no longer monitored. Not that it bounces back, they just don't look at it any more. This is the address where I have been sending deposit requests for the past decade. Instead you now have to get them to cough up the secret email address of the one guy at Capital that can make your deposit to RCI. I had to ask a couple of times at the front desk while there, and got the email for Jaime Gavilanes jgavilanes@capitalvacations.com who is apparently the ONLY person who can provide this service for owners. Provided here for the use of other owners, however I highly doubt that Jaime will still be there next year when time to deposit rolls around again.

By the way, the stalling of the management company has by now probably cost me about 50% of the TPU I would normally receive. Hard to tell yet exactly how much because, although Jaime emailed back to say he had done the deposit, I have yet to see it in my RCI account (used to take an hour or two - actually the message from RCI usually arrived before the confirmation from Silver Lake). I feel another 2 hours on the phone with CV, and a massive headache, coming on for tomorrow.
Thanks for the heads up on the deposit person's e-mail address. My underlying week is in November so I will not lose much if I choose to deposit with RCI but I am inclined to skip RCI and use Trading Places. RCI only gives me 22-24 TPU so not an exceptionally great trader.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you do deposit, expect it to take a while. From request email to visibility in RCI took 12 days. It used to take about an hour or so. Maybe they are mailing the requests to RCI now?

Agree on the TPU - I see the same for our 1BR, but add in the 2BR at about 2 TPU more than the 1BR and our 3BRLO provides pretty good trading power (48+ TPU) for the MF's.

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been reading these posts in Canada, just got maintenance invoice. In the past have always broke down our 3B lockoff into 2 separate RCI deposits using Christmas or NY week. Got tremendous TPU for them, are you saying now this won't be the case, our underlying week is 1 ?

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I ended up getting the maximum trade power 38 for 1 bedroom side and 42 for 2 bedroom. Thanks for providing the email contract

DWainwright

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silver Lake Resort

Hi - i hope you see this message. We are new owners at Silver Lake Resort. I tried to message you directly but i got an error. Do annual points expire ? if so - how do you know the expiration date and how do you roll them over to the next year ? Are maintenance fees due the same date for all owners ? Ours are due May 1, 2023. Our fees are up to date. We can log on to the silver lake website and see our account and number of points and our maintenance fees (and pay them) but dont see anyplace to make an actual reservation. Do you know if all reservations have to go thru Capital Vacations ? We were able to make a reservation directly thru the resort last December but now that doesnt seem to be an option. On the phone today with a rep at Capital Vacations she said "your points expire on April 30 because your new membership year begins May 1." So we have about 20K points that we will want to use later this year but she said "your points are going to expire April 30 so you have to use them before that." Is this accurate ? If you want to email me that would be fine: davewainwright1@gmail.com. Thanks !!!

DWainwright

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silver Lake Resort
Thanks for the heads up on the deposit person's e-mail address. My underlying week is in November so I will not lose much if I choose to deposit with RCI but I am inclined to skip RCI and use Trading Places. RCI only gives me 22-24 TPU so not an exceptionally great trader.
Hi - i am replying to this message and to one from Kozmar since you two are the ones who primarily post here. thanks !!!

Hi - i hope you see this message. We are new owners at Silver Lake Resort. I tried to message you directly but i got an error. Do annual points expire ? if so - how do you know the expiration date and how do you roll them over to the next year ? Are maintenance fees due the same date for all owners ? Ours are due May 1, 2023. Our fees are up to date. We can log on to the silver lake website and see our account and number of points and our maintenance fees (and pay them) but dont see anyplace to make an actual reservation. Do you know if all reservations have to go thru Capital Vacations ? We were able to make a reservation directly thru the resort last December but now that doesnt seem to be an option. On the phone today with a rep at Capital Vacations she said "your points expire on April 30 because your new membership year begins May 1." So we have about 20K points that we will want to use later this year but she said "your points are going to expire April 30 so you have to use them before that." Is this accurate ? If you want to email me that would be fine: davewainwright1@gmail.com. Thanks !!!

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi - i am replying to this message and to one from Kozmar since you two are the ones who primarily post here. thanks !!!

Hi @DWainwright and welcome to TUG! I see you only have a couple of posts here, so that explains the error message. I think you need a few posts under your belt before that feature opens up. There is a Help section on the main Forum page where you can search to find out.

Unfortunately, my ownership is an older deeded weeks membership which is not points based. It sounds like you are probably in either a Silver Points membership or the Capital Vacation Club program. I don't know the rules for these programs, and Capital Vacations doesn't get a lot of traffic here.

If you are in the Capital Vacations Club program - you probably are based on the dates you give - then I think you can book a vacation through capitalvacations.com, there is an owner's login there. As I don't have a membership, I can't login and book through that program; my only option is to call and book, and that took several attempts to get sorted as no one there (CV) seems to know what they are doing.

Your MF's are through Silver Lake because that is where you own. The older deeded weeks all come due at the same time (roughly first of the year), but it sounds like the points/vacation club might be at a different time; possibly the anniversary month of your ownership.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I do strongly advise that you give your ownership documents a very thorough read through. All of the program terms should be explained there.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggestion only I would pay the MF with my online credit card account to receive instant credit to my MF Account; to avoid late fees.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bumping this up to see if anyone has received their 2024 MF Statements yet? I keep checking online and nothing posted on the owners' site - says I have $0 balance owing. Again they seem very late in delivering the bills, makes you wonder how they stay in business.