• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maintenance Fee Payment Application Nightmare (merged)

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience is also like the previous posters. I paid late Jan all of my MF at once like previous years. Amount got charged to my Amex and posted for the total correctly. Thought everything is paid like previous years.

I get a letters in late Feb saying that my accounts are overdue. Couldn't believe it and checked online. Low and behold, I am now overdue on all the accounts. The Chairman annual fee, DC points and ALL my marriott units. I call the next morning and get financial services. Explain what happened and after half an hour was told I must send in the confirmations and copy of my Amex statement showing the payment. Told them that I paid on time and will not be paying the penalties and interest and they said that if my paperwork proves I paid on time the late fees will be taken out. Get all the paperwork and fax it in. Was told it needed to be faxed or mailed in, could not send docs by email. Gathered up all the documentation and faxed it to financial services. Waited one week and checked online and account still showed overdue.

Called member services and it is very hard to talk to the same person a week ago that supposedly was going to apply payments. Finally got connected to her line and she told me she did not get the documents. She asked me to fax it again, I told her I would but to please email me when she receives it. The fax goes to a general number, not to an individual. She emails me back the next business day she has the documents and will find out what went wrong. Again told her that I was not going to pay late fees.

I checked this morning and find out that I am overdue on the MF for the DC points and club dues. Called again and spent 1 hour with various reps. Finally got a supervisor that told me that I owe the late fee because payment posted on March 4. The previous rep just applied the amount I paid to the outstanding fees with penalty and just worked her way up. This left a balance on the points and annual club fee. She told me that I had to send documentation showing that I paid in Jan. She tolf me to fax the documents I sent in twice already and I had to list all the units that I paid the MF for. I told her it was all the units in my account that have no balance that were paid. She insisted I had to send in a list of the units that were paid on time.

I can't believe the amount of BS i am going through even though I paid my MF 5 weeks ago. I have to prove to them a fourth time that I paid on time. Then because of their mix up I have to fight them to remove the late fees. Have never had any problems this past decade. This year it is a MESS. Hope to get this straightened out by next thursday. I have to give them 3 business days to figure this out. And all this time I am locked out of my account.

I am curious if you also have more than one owner number in your account or if it is just one. My initial error may have something to do with the receipt referencing only one of the owner numbers and only units under that number had payments applied.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think whoever is in charge of the Vacation Club and the Marriott Hotel Brand should see how horribly their top clients are being treated. I lost two cat 8 5 night leisure packages due to their stupidly. I find myself talking to people who have no sense of their own product—-Nor do they care! I had asked Marriott to cancel the 2, cat 8. leisure packages knowing the points would be returned to my account. I have done this numerous times in the past without any issues.
But little did I know, that they changed the rules midstream, and they only redeposited 5,000 MRP to my account. I would never have canceled the weeks had I been told that. And trying to explain this to all those Starwood clerks was awful. The destain with which they spoke to me, a 73 year old—formerly professional—woman, was horrific. They were laughing at me and telling me I didn’t know what I was talking about. I mean laughing out loud. It was humiliating.

MVCI charged me double maintenance fees for my destination points and it was my job to prove it. Luckily, as I stated above, after at least 5 phone calls, I got someone who was willing to run with the ball and fix THEIR error. But, up and until then, the clerks had no idea what I was talking about, and again, they didn’t care. I feel that my Marriott team, which had always been steeped in professionalism, has now been replaced with a team of uninformed clericals who could give a
s—t what they do, or how they do it, for 8 hours each day!

The Bonvoy fiasco has left me feeling helpless and sad. I no longer recommend Marriott or MVCI. I also feel hurt that with a Chairman’s Club, and Titanium Bonvoy Status, I was brushed off so easily. From 2019 to the present the company has sunk far down in class—
Where is Marriott’s loyalty to us, their biggest customers?
I wonder why I give Marriott so much money each year?

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I am curious if you also have more than one owner number in your account or if it is just one. My initial error may have something to do with the receipt referencing only one of the owner numbers and only units under that number had payments applied.
Nope just one owner number that I have had for over the past decade.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I think whoever is in charge of the Vacation Club and the Marriott Hotel Brand should see how horribly their top clients are being treated. I lost two cat 8 5 night leisure packages due to their stupidly. I find myself talking to people who have no sense of their own product—-Nor do they care! I had asked Marriott to cancel the 2, cat 8. leisure packages knowing the points would be returned to my account. I have done this numerous times in the past without any issues.
But little did I know, that they changed the rules midstream, and they only redeposited 5,000 MRP to my account. I would never have canceled the weeks had I been told that. And trying to explain this to all those Starwood clerks was awful. The destain with which they spoke to me, a 73 year old—formerly professional—woman, was horrific. They were laughing at me and telling me I didn’t know what I was talking about. I mean laughing out loud. It was humiliating.

MVCI charged me double maintenance fees for my destination points and it was my job to prove it. Luckily, as I stated above, after at least 5 phone calls, I got someone who was willing to run with the ball and fix THEIR error. But, up and until then, the clerks had no idea what I was talking about, and again, they didn’t care. I feel that my Marriott team, which had always been steeped in professionalism, has now been replaced with a team of uninformed clericals who could give a
s—t what they do, or how they do it, for 8 hours each day!

The Bonvoy fiasco has left me feeling helpless and sad. I no longer recommend Marriott or MVCI. I also feel hurt that with a Chairman’s Club, and Titanium Bonvoy Status, I was brushed off so easily. From 2019 to the present the company has sunk far down in class—
Where is Marriott’s loyalty to us, their biggest customers?
I wonder why I give Marriott so much money each year?
Hmm sounds familiar. The last "supervisor" I got actually told me that I needed to stop talking to her. She wanted me to "listen" to her and just follow her instructions. I was questioning why did I have to fax documents a fourth time? Why she couldn't just get the documents from the person that applied the payments late? I also have to prove, many times, that I paid on time and it was not my fault that the payments were applied 5 or 6 weeks late.

Like I have mentioned, have had no problems with MF payments till this year. Also the problems have not been just me but many other folks. How can I trust what an organization on what it is doing when they can't even take my money correctly? Then treat us like we are lying and we have to prove we are correct multiple times. Seems are problems are just being brushed off in the hope we go stop questioning them.

Woj

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
3 marriott cypress harbour
1 marriott custom house
Ok, I get my MF bill to be paid in January which owning three Cypress property's and one Custom House property's I usually have them all paid by the end of February. Not this year! I always pay online so in early January I go online in order to pay and owner login states to enter the owner number that was sent out in November. I scroll through my emails and got the number now we are good to go right? I re-enter the Bonvoy site, enter the number and I get a message that no account exists under that number. Ok so I call Guest Services and pay two of the property's. Now in late February I go through the previous scenario and get the same answer so I TRY to call Guest Services. I get a verbal message stating that there is a high demand of calls so leave your number and someone will call you back. I did that numerous times week after week and no one ever calls back. I call as soon as they open and attempt calls throughout the day to no avail. Now I get a letter stating that late fee's already have begun and if not paid in thirty days Marriott will begin foreclosure actions. I sent a letter, crickets, tried to call, no call back, my account can not be accessed online and what next? Today I dug up all the old phone numbers I had from years ago and began calling. I got a hold of a rep in Utah and explained the situation and he apologized and stated that Marriott's phone lines have crashed numerous time due to hundred's of thousand of cancellations due to our current virus worldwide situation. I said that I feel for those Marriott folks that answer the phones as they are getting crushed. He then gave me two more numbers to try as he could only take loan concerned questions. I called the next number and a rep stated to get on the Bonvoy site and go from there. I then began to state that I have done this over and over but can not access my owner login. Let's make things worse! We again own three Cypress weeks and one Custom House weeks however one Cypress week is not in both of our names but in my wife's name as I was on military leave when we purchased that week. So after a search the rep found the other week. Within a few minutes we completed the payments! What an ordeal! Everything is paid and I have no hard feelings as we have been members since 1995 and have enjoyed Marriott and could not have traveled all over the world over three times and today's caronavirus has turned the world upside down!

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still not fixed. I had to do it all over again at square one and this time it was someone that knew absolutely nothing. They didn't even know there was a finance department and certainly had no idea how to contact them. They simply fill out a request form and send it in for processing. I feel this is never going to get resolved unless I actually pay twice for a maintenance fee plus late fees and interest. Does anyone have the direct contact number for the finance department? They obviously do not want to be bothered.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Have you tried calling them out on social media? Twitter, Facebook?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you tried calling them out on social media? Twitter, Facebook?

I will definitely look into that. The virus fears has made calling problematic. For the last call it was a 118 minute wait and I opted for a call back which occurred over 4 hours later. It is crazy.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I will definitely look into that. The virus fears has made calling problematic. For the last call it was a 118 minute wait and I opted for a call back which occurred over 4 hours later. It is crazy.
I second the twitter idea. My daughter had to cancel a trip to Europe and couldn't get a call back or an answer from British Airways, but the twitter rep handled everything quickly. It can't hurt.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was surprised as I tried call back on Thursday and no one called back. Tried this morning and did call back again. I was surprised when someone called me back this afternoon 8.5 hours later.

Rep apologized for the wait. I said that I understand with all this covid19 stuff happening that they must be slammed. He red the notes on my account and said it should have been fixed already. Then found out that supervisor I sent my paperwork to does come back to work until next week He advised me to call back on Wednesday.

At least I can use my account now. Even though I still have an outstanding balance on my club dues.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bailed from Marriott many years ago when I saw things starting to head South. In retrospect I bailed before I really needed to but better too early than too late...

George

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
I bailed from Marriott many years ago when I saw things starting to head South. In retrospect I bailed before I really needed to but better too early than too late...

George
I guess you didn't completely bail on Marriott as you are on the Marriott message board.

I continue to enjoy Marriott 25+ years running! The W Maldives property was incredible (Thank you SPG purchase) and the Marriott Phuket Beach Resort always rocks! Looking forward to going back to the Aruba Ocean Club in May. Marriott works from my perspective and will not change to anything else at this time..........

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess you didn't completely bail on Marriott as you are on the Marriott message board.

I continue to enjoy Marriott 25+ years running! The W Maldives property was incredible (Thank you SPG purchase) and the Marriott Phuket Beach Resort always rocks! Looking forward to going back to the Aruba Ocean Club in May. Marriott works from my perspective and will not change to anything else at this time..........

I was a staunch Marriott Bonvoy (I’m lifetime Titanium) and Marriott Vacation Club (Chairman’s Club) member. But no more. Even the way they are handling the Coronavirus is more about their bottomline than their members health and safety. Most of my Destination points are given to my family for vacations or rented out to help pay my maintenance fees. The rent doesn’t cover most of my fees- for most of my underlying deeds. I’m always working at a loss.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am obviously done with the regular owner services phone number. I called the resale team because they are always quickly available and have low volume. I got the number and email for the finance department. Unfortunately they also handle the cruise and other non-MVC booking with points so they are also inundated and cannot be reached. I sent an email and I am crossing my fingers. That email address is finance.ops@vacationclub.com.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I ended up briefly mentioning my issue to the marketing team near the front desk last week. She was on the phone and said I would have a call in 15 minutes. It ended up being 2 hours and I was disappointed it was regular owner services and not finance but in either case the rep seemed very competent. They said it would be 3-4 days (again!). I checked today and my issue is finally resolved! I don't know if it was that rep, the email to finance, or maybe both but it is a relief!

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I ended up briefly mentioning my issue to the marketing team near the front desk last week. She was on the phone and said I would have a call in 15 minutes. It ended up being 2 hours and I was disappointed it was regular owner services and not finance but in either case the rep seemed very competent. They said it would be 3-4 days (again!). I checked today and my issue is finally resolved! I don't know if it was that rep, the email to finance, or maybe both but it is a relief!
Are you sure its not just the free Margaritas blurring your vision. ;-)

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't go down and get them today because I am working all day so that isn't it. All zeros with no red negatives! I think I am in the clear :)

Horrible, but glad it's finally resolved. That would really frustrate me.