• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maine - ok for out of state with recent negative Covid test

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
New Hampshire can come....they were part of the original no quarantine ruling, along with VT. Mass....not so much. :)

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for that link. Now I don't have to worry about figuring out how to get a test for my daughter (since I think CVS will only do the tests for those over 18.)

TUG Member
Reaction score
New Hampshire is on the approved list. Massachusetts and Rhode Island are the two New England states where 14 day quarantine is required without a recent test.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
New Hampshire is on the approved list. Massachusetts and Rhode Island are the two New England states where 14 day quarantine is required without a recent test.

And Connecticut, no?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
A relative from Massachusetts came to visit for a few days last week. A medical professional, he was able to get a COVID test and (negative) results, all within 3 days of his arrival in Maine (as ME Governor rules require, if not quarantining for 14 days). The "3 days" timetable is literally impossible to accomplish in Massachusetts right now, due to the sheer magnitude of testing demands on medical staff, testing supplies and lab capacity.

I hadn't thought too deeply about this, but he pointed out how ineffective (i.e., borderline silly) that "3 days" requirement is, since the test is only a "snapshot" of a moment in time (from several days ago). Anyone could become infected anytime after leaving the testing facility, arrive in Maine with documentation of their (now obsolete and inaccurate) negative test results, and proceed to travel freely around Maine at will, potentially infecting others, carrying authentic (but completely inaccurate) hard copy documentation of negative test results. Our relative never left our immediate area, content to just relax and decompress for a few days before returning to the fray.

I don't claim to have any brilliant insights on this matter and nothing in my life depends upon any incoming tourist money, but he did cite the interesting statistic that historically, 40% of all tourist dollars coming into Maine reportedly originate from Massachusetts.

Last edited:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hadn't thought too deeply about this, but he pointed out how ineffective (i.e., borderline silly) that "3 days" requirement is, since the test is only a "snapshot" of a moment in time (from several days ago). Anyone could become infected anytime after leaving the testing facility.

Not only after leaving.....but at the testing facility itself. But, I think the point of the test is to search out the non symptomatic people that are running around like normal, not even realizing they have it. The required testing may catch a few folks that were not aware.

I would agree that most tourism money in ME and NH come from MA and RI folks. I think ME refusal to add these two states to their non quarantine list is not because they are higher risk than others they have given the green light to....it is to try and control the volume coming into to state.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not only after leaving.....but at the testing facility itself. But, I think the point of the test is to search out the non symptomatic people that are running around like normal, not even realizing they have it. The required testing may catch a few folks that were not aware.

I would agree that most tourism money in ME and NH come from MA and RI folks. I think ME refusal to add these two states to their non quarantine list is not because they are higher risk than others they have given the green light to....it is to try and control the volume coming into to state.
I don’t disagree. I think that Governor Mills’ mixed and inherently contradictory message is (in predictable, true politician fashion) trying to have it both ways, essentially saying “Maine welcomes you —- Stay Home!”

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
A relative from Massachusetts came to visit for a few days last week. A medical professional, he was able to get a COVID test and (negative) results, all within 3 days of his arrival in Maine (as ME Governor rules require, if not quarantining for 14 days). The "3 days" timetable is literally impossible to accomplish in Massachusetts right now, due to the sheer volume of testing demands on people, supplies and lab capacity.

I hadn't thought too deeply about this, but he pointed out how ineffective (i.e., borderline silly) that "3 days" requirement is, since the test is only a "snapshot" of a moment in time (from several days ago). Anyone could become infected anytime after leaving the testing facility, arrive in Maine with documentation of their (now obsolete and inaccurate) negative test results, and proceed to travel around the state at will, potentially infecting others, while carrying (inaccurate) hard copy documentation of negative COVID test results in their pocket. Our relative never left our immediate area, content to just relax and decompress for a few days before returning to the fray.

I don't claim to have any brilliant insights on this matter and nothing in my life depends upon any incoming tourist money, but he did cite the interesting statistic that historically, 40% of all tourist dollars coming into Maine reportedly originate from Massachusetts. :shrug:

Regarding the test- of course! Common sense! I said this from the beginning! That is why it is so ridiculous imo! Again- pardon my french but it is all BS.

As for the tourist dollars, it is even more so in NH. Every license plate here is from Massachusetts. Between the second homeowners and the day trippers and hotel tourists, you are hard pressed to actually find a born and bred local. Even those that are residents originated from Massachusetts. And they all seem to have big money. Their homes sell for over the top dollar in Mass. and their earnings are above average. Many move to NH just over the border to escape the oppressive taxes in Mass, but continue to work in Mass. for the bigger salaries.

We have had Mass. license plates all over here from the get go of this virus and state quarantining stuff.They own homes here- pay taxes. People in southern NH had to go to work in Mass. Yet our numbers have been good- especially here in the Lakes region and north where most of the second homes are.

I feel like I moved to Mass. north- that is how embedded it is. It is the one thing I do not like about NH. It has lost it's authenticity. Don't get me wrong, all the (Mass and other) people we have met are very nice. I know everyone everywhere is from somewhere, including my husband and I! But it is extreme in NH. And why I like Vermont so much better but- well....NH is where I am now.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
I found that NH was a bid lax in mask wearing and social distancing when we spent a week there this July.