• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

madge--i am very disappointed to see rci extra vacations

Status
Not open for further replies.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I see my resort (presidential resort in VA) on extra vacations for 4th of july week 2006 for $939. I am certain this is an RCI member deposit and I am certain there are other RCI members who would like this trade.
I seriously doubt this is a developer deposit, as the resort has been sold out for quite a while. This is very distressing for us to see and really feels like a breach of trust of the trading system---would you like to explain what is going on?

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
elaine,
Madge & one of the VPs from RCI have already answered your questions. Click on the FAQ 'sticky' on the main 'Ask RCI' page and read section VI. RCI Rentals. It's all explained there.

Phil

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I don't believe them!!

We are not talking about Orlando weeks, where there might be 100+ of deposits. We are talking about a resort near DC with the #1 week of the year, 4th of July. I can tell you that every cabin is full and most owners use their weeks--so supply fairly low---thus, I think that explanation on FAQ is a bunch of bunk!

Reaction score
Extra Vacation

Have you thought about the possibility that the owner of that week is trying to rent it out and generate some income for him/herself? Wouldn't you want to advertise your week with such a large company as RCI?

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Seems to me we're missing the point. Elaine deserves a response from RCI on this and based on the rules of this forum, only RCI.

"The sole purpose of this forum is to provide a place to enter comments and questions directly to RCI regarding company policy, rules, procedures, ratings, products and services, etc, and to receive responses to those comments and questions directly from RCI.

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
First and foremost, please remember that Madge is here as a guest of TUG. As such, please treat her with the respect that you would give a guest in your own home.

As Phil stated, RCI has already provided an answer to your question in the "Ask RCI" FAQ's. If you are unclear about their policy, there are numerous posts made by RCI explaining this policy contained within the "Ask RCI" archives of the old board. You may read them here:

http://www.tug1.net/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&BypassCookie=false

I see no useful purpose to re-hashing this discussion yet again with Madge. RCI is not going to tell you how a particular week/ and or weeks came to get into the spacebank. What you will instead get is the very same answer that is contained within the Ask RCI board. As such, I am closing this thread.

Please continue this discussion within the thread that is currently open on the Exchanging board.

Status
Not open for further replies.