• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Made a mistake--didn't write down confirmation no.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
In my 11 years dealing with II I've never made such a big mistake. I booked a week at Cypress Harbor in March. Then I found an XYZ at Harbor Lakes for the previous week. Thought I booked it too. Today I went looking for the confirmations. Found CH but nothing on the Harbor Lakes. Was a bit anxious but called II to have them send the confirmation. There is no record of it anywhere. Folks are flying in to Orlando on Monday :eek:

Talked with at least 3 II reps. The last one did a thorough search of both of my accounts. Nothing. My head was swimming and hands were shaking as I try to remember what I did. I'm convinced I booked the week but without a confirmation I can't prove a thing.

I ended up calling Cypress Harbor and a very nice manager helped me book 4 nights prior to my II exchange at a decent rate (which is all I really needed). She knows I'm still trying to find a last minute cancellation through II.

Oh this was an unforeseen change of plans for my morning activities.

Tip: always write down the confirmation no.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What about charges on your credit card? Can you locate the date of the confirmation that way?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I don't think writing down the confirmation number is enough - your notes are not proof. I always print out the confirmation immediately.

I agree that you should check your credit card statement. If there is no exchange fee charged to your card - there was no trade. If there is an exchange fee, you have a beef with II.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip to check charges. I've done that. Was real excited when I saw one but that was for another confirmation. I even called the resort to see if they had a reservation in our name. Nothing. It's useless figuring out what happened. Fortunately we have the reservation at Cypress Harbor for the 4 nights as a back up plan.

Today I've called II more times than I can count. Surprising to see how the inventory is constantly changing. So far there have been 1 bedrooms show up at Star Island, Westgate and Harbour Lake. I keep hoping for a 2 bedroom.

If it was just us I'd be bummed but it was more of an issue with friends having flights arranged.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
If you have to rent make sure you've tried the rental rate discount codes for owners for some decent discounts.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you checked your recently deleted files or your incoming saved files on your computer ?

I always saved confirmation #'s on one of these files.

Have you also check your II History account file ?

Good Luck.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Have you checked your recently deleted files or your incoming saved files on your computer ?

I always saved confirmation #'s on one of these files.

Have you also check your II History account file ?

Good Luck.

If she was not charged for the exchange fee - there will be no record of an exchange.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Did you not receive a PDF of the II confirmation certificate? You should have gotten one immediately after making the confirmation. We don't usually ask for the confirmation either since we know we can see it online immediately and get an emailed confirmation certificate.

My guess is that since they have no record of the reservation, you didn't get the confirmation certificate.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I second checking your email. Also credit card searches.

Did you enroll in the DC ? IF YES, you now have a different II acct #

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't help with finding it but I know you use a MAC. On mine when the confirmation screen comes up I hit print and select "save as PDF". Usually they've emailed me the confirmation by then but it's an easy backup.

If you didn't immediately receive the II confirmation I tend to think you didn't follow thru all the way or there was a computer glitch on II's part and they didn't save it.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I GOT IT!!! :D

Thanks everyone for your concerns and suggestions. Yes, I did all that but it was just no where to be found. My brain was drained with the thinking of what happened. This was all booked right before Christmas so after the phone call with II and to my friends who are going I must have gotten busy doing other things and not followed through filing the confirmation away. I do remember the conversation with II agent, that it was a male agent and he remarked that I was using my last 2 bedroom XYZ. XYZ's are instant confirmations. So that would say I didn't just put something on hold and forget to go back to confirm.

Anyway, it's all fixed now. I called many times yesterday. The inventory does indeed constantly change like they say. I was offered many 1 bedrooms but none worked for me. This morning I tried my favorite II rep in Customer Relations and got through. She listened to my tale of woe, put me on hold and came back with a Harbour Lakes 2 bedroom. Which is what I had (or thought I had) in the first place. Le de da de da de da.

I've called both resorts (Harbour Lakes & Cypress Harbour) and talked with managers for room requests.

Now I got to run pack. Just had to let you know the good outcome. :D

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I GOT IT!!! :D

Thanks everyone for your concerns and suggestions. Yes, I did all that but it was just no where to be found. My brain was drained with the thinking of what happened. This was all booked right before Christmas so after the phone call with II and to my friends who are going I must have gotten busy doing other things and not followed through filing the confirmation away. I do remember the conversation with II agent, that it was a male agent and he remarked that I was using my last 2 bedroom XYZ. XYZ's are instant confirmations. So that would say I didn't just put something on hold and forget to go back to confirm.

Anyway, it's all fixed now. I called many times yesterday. The inventory does indeed constantly change like they say. I was offered many 1 bedrooms but none worked for me. This morning I tried my favorite II rep in Customer Relations and got through. She listened to my tale of woe, put me on hold and came back with a Harbour Lakes 2 bedroom. Which is what I had (or thought I had) in the first place. Le de da de da de da.

I've called both resorts (Harbour Lakes & Cypress Harbour) and talked with managers for room requests.

Now I got to run pack. Just had to let you know the good outcome. :D
Wait, so, did you find your confirmed reservation? If yes, why book another room Harbour Lakes 2 bedroom ?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
She made a new exchange today. Since she made the exchange over the phone, and there is no record of any kind, I suspect that some how the agent didn't complete the transaction, or there was a computer glitch.

Last edited:

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't always write down my confirmation # because I know that I will be receiving a E Mail with that information within 24 hours (max) of making the reservation. If I did not receive that E Mail I would be on the phone toute suite.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't always write down my confirmation # because I know that I will be receiving a E Mail with that information within 24 hours (max) of making the reservation. If I did not receive that E Mail I would be on the phone toute suite.

And really if you have a confirmation number and somehow they don't have record of it, not sure what the confirmation number would do. Perhaps they accidentally canceled the reservation after it was confirmed.

My guess is that the OP didn't write the number down because it was never given to them.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have gotten into the habit of relying on email confirmations. The original reservation was made round Christmas Eve. Another bad habit is to write reservations on whatever is handy and then wondering what the notes on a scrape of paper or back of junk mail envelope are related to. This time I can't remember the details but I do remember the conversation about it being my last XYZ for a 2 bedroom and I was glad to use it for these friends. It was a first for me not to have a good paper or email trail.