• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Luycan Ocean city

taloa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know that timeshares have little
financial value, however on 16 Apr a week 34
Luycan, Ocean City sold for $51. There were
only two bidders. This week is the end of summer.
Any comments as to so little interest?
Sale was on EBAY.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
The name of the resort is Lucayan Resort. If people were looking for it on eBay as “Luycan” maybe potential customers did not see it.

The short answer was there was not a buyer that wanted it enough to be willing and able to pay more than the selling price. I will also note the seller paid closing costs and 2022 usage.

The seller likely saw the auction as a success … it got the timeshare out of their hands.

Here is what I see that may have worked against a higher price.
  • Week 34, while late summer, is after most mid-Atlantic schools have started back in the fall.
  • Like most or all OC timeshares it is fair-to-middling at best
  • EBay is a place to sell a timeshare when you want to move it …. not hold out for top dollar. Especially smaller resorts that are less established in the online marketplace.
  • RTG (resortsalesgroup) is an eBay seller with mixed reviews on TUG … and that may have lowered bids from the most educated potential buyers. If I bid, I would have factored in the potential for some hassle and likely loss of 2022 usage.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I just think people weren't looking for an ocean city timeshare this month. It never would have gone for more than $1000 but I think they could have got $500+ if they started with a $500 start and a 30 day and/or advertised a bit more.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was watching that auction bc we recently bought an OC timeshare. I've never stayed at the Lucayan, but the reviews on Trip Advisor are discouraging. Still, $51 for a Week 34 in Ocean City is pretty darned good.

Last edited:

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
As highlighted previously by a number of posters here familiar with Ocean City, most of the timeshare properties there are not well managed and / or have not been maintained properly over the years. I believe Lucayan still has no onsite management team and good luck trying to get help or answers from the realty company that their main phone number goes to.

It's at least semi-bearable staying at an OC property that while run down, has some helpful onsite management and staff for any questions or issues. We definitely try to avoid the properties that don't provide decent onsite support.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Timeshares on Ebay are rarely subject to overbidding. There was a time when I bought them for as little as $1. Since the year I presented the idea of an exit strategy that was implemented at my home resort, there has been virtually no timeshares for that resort offered on Ebay. Many of the timeshares on Ebay are listed by "get out of timeshare outfits" that need to get rid of timeshares they have taken over.

SusanRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own weeks 24 and 33 at the Lucayan and would have considered buying it for $500 if I had known of the EBay listing, but I am not paying attention these days.
Much has been upgraded in the last 5 years, including new furniture purchased from a hotel that went out of business. Also, the carpet in units is being replaced by luxury vinyl plank, a half dozen units (of 21) each year. The pool is nice and has lights until closing at 10pm. Many complaints in the past have been about paint and carpet problems in the hallways. The hallways are owned/managed by the Lucayan Condo Association, which is separate from the Timeshare units. There is nothing the Timeshare can do except beg....
It is true that management is not on-site, but until Covid they had a good local person in place to field questions and requests, and I always had a prompt response. My daughter could not reach someone last August. I complained and was told that their local employee had quit in late July and they had not been able to replace him/her, which, of course, was a disaster, since management is in Newport News, Virginia. Despite this, the pool was open and supervised normal hours because of gracious Condo owners who volunteered their time. I *very much* hope that a good local manager has been secured for the summer, but I have not inquired. Hmmm, maybe I should....
Susan

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
@SusanRN , it's funny you mention the halls. I've only been to the inside of Lucayan once when I was checking in for my brother several years back. I was at another resort but why pay the rci guest cert when I could check in. I think it was right before a refurb. They were doing the outside at the time, I think. The unit was quite worn but not terrible and my brother loved the bay view and the sunsets. But when I took the elevator up to his floor and walked into the hall, I thought, what have I done. It looked (and smelled -a combination of mosquito spray and gunk) like I stepped into every 80's horror movie, the carpet and the lighting.

SusanRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
I notified the head of Goodmanagement, Dale Goodman, of this discussion. He responded:
"We are ready for the summer! We promoted a long-time employee to be our area manager – Jomel Fields. She is excellent at follow-up. The Long-Range Planning Committee inspected all units prior to the March meeting and all members were pleased with their findings.

The hallways are still awful.

The furniture came from the Wyndham at Bonnet Creek in Orlando. The brands change out their units every seven or so years. It is high-quality. We got a sleeper sofa, two end tables, coffee table, and a headboard, dresser and 2 nightstands for each bedroom – all for $350 a unit. Nice upgrade!"

SusanRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got back from our week 24 at the Lucayan. The unit was in great shape. I did call local management twice for service. Calls now go to an answering service and the local manager returns the call.
There was no vacuum in the unit when we arrived. She explained that several had bitten the dust. One was delivered the next morning.
Later I needed to request replacement of the chain contraption inside the toilet in one of the bathrooms. We could still flush it by pulling the chain ourselves. It was completely repaired the next afternoon (Sunday), so we were happy.
Since the weather was great all week except for arrival night, we had a wonderful trip. And we still love that Bay view from the balcony.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
For anyone who is sorry they missed out on the Lucayan week 34 on eBay that was mentioned in this thread, there is a Sea Time week 34 on eBay right now.

taloa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wacky Mother

Thank you
see that you are from Jersey
I was orginally from Barrington
and later Haddonfield, both Camden County.
Have a week at Ocean Time.

Dave

SusanRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread for an update...
We are currently at the Lucayan for our week 24. Beautiful weather since Friday night....mid-70's and sunny for 3 days so far. Been to the beach, the pool X2, and go-carting so far. The guys are fishing tonight.
When I got off the elevator I was *delighted* to see the new carpet in the hallway, as promised. With the light seafoam paint from last year, it's a huge improvement.
There are also new contemporary lightweight bedspreads in the bedrooms. Everything is working. Yaay!
Keeping my fingers crossed my August unit is in perfect shape also.
Susan

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread for an update...
We are currently at the Lucayan for our week 24. Beautiful weather since Friday night....mid-70's and sunny for 3 days so far. Been to the beach, the pool X2, and go-carting so far. The guys are fishing tonight.
When I got off the elevator I was *delighted* to see the new carpet in the hallway, as promised. With the light seafoam paint from last year, it's a huge improvement.
There are also new contemporary lightweight bedspreads in the bedrooms. Everything is working. Yaay!
Keeping my fingers crossed my August unit is in perfect shape also.
Susan

That's great! We love Ocean City.

brawney

Reaction score
Goodmanagement is an awful management company. They say they have or will do a repair, but it never gets done. Their employees walk by problems at the resort and never report the issue to maintenance. If a repair were to be performed, their maintenance system doesn't notify the owner that it's been done. I don't know how they stay in business.

SusanRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
In my experience, Goodmanagement has responded to my requests promptly, but I contact them as soon as I see a problem and give them a timeframe as to when I would like the issue fixed (e.g., ASAP or after we leave).
As to "walk by problems", I believe the only time housekeeping is there on a regular basis is changeover day, Fridays from 10AM to 4PM. During that brief time period is their only opportunity to clean up and fix everything without disturbing guests.
I suspect that a supervisor walks through every day just to look around, but I could be wrong.
As to " If a repair were to be performed, their maintenance system doesn't notify the owner that it's been done" - I suppose it would be nice for maintenance to leave a card showing what repair work has been done, but I just look....
The Lucayan isn't a Marriott, but it's certainly a nice place for an Ocean City beach vacation.
Susan

SusanRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
If a repair were to be performed, their maintenance system doesn't notify the owner that it's been done.
Brawney, I sent an email Friday to the Goodmanagement Operations Manager asking about this. She replied that they had previously been discussing this and have now implemented it, so your comment was a good nudge in the right direction.
Susan

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was watching that auction bc we recently bought an OC timeshare. I've never stayed at the Lucayan, but the reviews on Trip Advisor are discouraging. Still, $51 for a Week 34 in Ocean City is pretty darned good.
Contact Oceantime (in RCI 0762) 4102501111..2 bed 2 bath units 1/2 block from Ocean. On Ocean side..Great deals maintenance only $495 we bought week 05 for $50 with $250 close..Use it for trading in RCI receive 18 trading value (its a weeks resort not Points)