• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Luxury Yacht Runs Aground off Honoloa Bay

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
Yikes. I was at Honolua Bay Sunday afternoon, and saw that yacht moored just offshore (maybe 100-200 yards offshore)......

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Yikes. I was at Honolua Bay Sunday afternoon, and saw that yacht moored just offshore (maybe 100-200 yards offshore)......

It sounds Ike It leaked some fuel too.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Jim Mc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: (2) Grand Vista, Ocean Watch Grand Dunes, Waiohai Beach Club, Maui Ocean Club, Playa Andaluza Malaga Spain and 4,500 Abound Club Points (2) Master Villas Mesquite NV
Don't look like a luxury yacht to me....

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don't look like a luxury yacht to me....

I heard on the news it was a 16 million. Dollar yacht. I don't know how much it has to be for it to be in the luxury category. :D

Jim Mc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: (2) Grand Vista, Ocean Watch Grand Dunes, Waiohai Beach Club, Maui Ocean Club, Playa Andaluza Malaga Spain and 4,500 Abound Club Points (2) Master Villas Mesquite NV
16m for the boat in the picture? Guess 16m ain't what it use to be :)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The snorkel boats have still been heading to the area with boats full of guests.

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
"I didn't know"... okay, that's obviously a lie. The guy illegally anchors to a mooring line for 2 straight days - which his vessel was too large for - and then causes damage to an already vulnerable reef. Reading stories about him and his company, I'd love to see him banned from Maui and then flung directly into the sun.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The emergency workers' jet skis have been running constantly here on Maui since our arrival. Apparently, there are a lot of people in distress in the water.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Looks like the end of line for this Yacht.. other than a nice big bill for the owner. It was freed from the rocks, but sank...

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

daventrina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC (Diamond) Platinum HI/US HGV Max
They were probably almost certain that it was going to sink shortly after it was off the rocks with as many holes as it had in the hull...

cowboy

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised that no media has explored who Jim Jone is and how much money he has.