• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Luxury Cabo condo with private hot tub

akp

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My family of five is hoping to travel next December 2021 between Xmas & New Years and I'm hoping for advice on where to look. I've been focusing on Cabo because there are so many luxury options there but am open to other warm locations that are easy to get to.

Must haves:
- 3 bedroom or larger
- private hot tub
- ocean view

We don't want to rent a private home because we'd like to be on a resort & have the amenities of multiple pools & restaurants.

I realize because of the type of unit and the time of year, this will be spendy. It will almost certainly need to be a rental because these types of units aren't likely to show up in RCI which is my only exchange option. (I have plenty of TPUs should a miracle strike.)

We stayed at a resort recently with a private hot tub on the deck and my husband is now obsessed with getting that everywhere we go, lol.

Thanks for any advice about what resorts to look at.

Last edited by a moderator:

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Vidanta resorts have private plunge pools on the deck of the vast majority of units, but not hot tubs. The higher end Grand Luxxe units are the only ones with 3 Bedroom units, and they would qualify as luxury.

The Four Seasons Punta Mita Residence Club has units that fit your description. Rentals are expensive, but iirc there is a broker that specializes in them.

The Worldmark Coral Baja penthouse units have hot tubs on deck, but it wouldn't be a luxury resort generally I don't think.

Reactions: akp

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
You should consider the Pueblo Bonito properties on the Pacific side. This would be the Montechristos and Viceroy properties.
These are 3+ bedroom private "houses" in a resort with all resort amenities that rent by the week. All have private pools and because they are built on the side of a hill have an ocean view. You might also consider the week after Holiday week which is called the little dipper because it's the week after new year's day and it's a mini slow period for 2 weeks. Your availablity will be 5 or 10 times better during the little dipper vs Holiday week which is close to when a pig flies for availability.

Another resort with similar but much less inventory is the Hacienda Encantada residences. They are located between Cabo and San Jose about 3 miles from Cabo. Similar layout and amenities.

Place a wanted add in TUGG, check Redweek and call each of the resorts for availability. Expect resort prices to be about double what you might find from another owner. The one week MF cost to the owner was about 2100/week a few years ago.

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know if those properties have a private hot tub in addition to the private pool?

I have been checking redweek but great idea to place an advertisement here as well. Thank you.

Unfortunately were locked into the high demand week for the same reason as everyone else – school schedules.

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Most of the pools have a integrated hot tub on one end but do check. We've seen them on presentations a few years ago but have not stayed in them as the buy in was over 100k/week in red season. Holiday week is the most difficult week to book in Cabo. If you can't find a week in the next month then you might have better luck expanding your search to other cities/countries.

For an example we have booked 1 bedroom and studios for holiday week at some of our resorts and found many were sold as fixed weeks (at a premium) and those few that were available for floating week winter contracts were booked exactly 365 days in advance which was LAST week.
If you find one it will most likely be a fixed week owner or a resort week at a huge premium as 3 bedroom units are rare in Cabo. Another alternative would be to book a regular TS 2 bedroom unit with a lock off jr suite. Most 2 bedroom units in Cabo resorts have a spa but not a private pool. (maybe check out the Playa Grande presidential units)

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Some of the Fiesta Americana units in Cabo have a hot tub on the deck. You may need to rent from an owner because I don't know how to trade into them from HGVC or RCI.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The Monticristo Estates at Sunset Beach have everything, private pool, hot tub , bbq, restroom for pool and a full on kitchen. It is Ocean view and a golf cart ride to the beach from the villas. There are three full bedrooms with each having a private bathroom. It is one of the most opulent of choices in Cabo, imo. The view is of the 1/2 mile or so of the the property and ocean.

Closer to the beach on Medano Bay the Villa del Arco has ocean front penthouses that have a bbq and hot tub on the deck. The three bedroom unit is a 2 bedroom with a lockoff. Very nice place that is close to everything. Fantastic view of Lands End.

The Villa del Palmar has a two bedroom beach front penthouse that has a den. There is no window in the den so they can't officially call it a bedroom but it is often used as a third bedroom. This type of unit has a hot tub on the huge deck. Fantastic view of Lands End. This is the least expensive and least opulent of the three.

The private condos , Villa la Enstancia are often for rent. This condo is in-between the Arco and Villa del Palmar and has usage of all three of the resort restaurants. Very opulent rooms. Great views. Very private too.

Bill

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
great idea to place an advertisement here as well. Thank you.
Please place your ad in the TUG Marketplace as ads are not allowed in the discussion forums.

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Monticristo Estates at Sunset Beach have everything, private pool, hot tub , bbq, restroom for pool and a full on kitchen. It is Ocean view and a golf cart ride to the beach from the villas. There are three full bedrooms with each having a private bathroom. It is one of the most opulent of choices in Cabo, imo. The view is of the 1/2 mile or so of the the property and ocean.

Closer to the beach on Medano Bay the Villa del Arco has ocean front penthouses that have a bbq and hot tub on the deck. The three bedroom unit is a 2 bedroom with a lockoff. Very nice place that is close to everything. Fantastic view of Lands End.

The Villa del Palmar has a two bedroom beach front penthouse that has a den. There is no window in the den so they can't officially call it a bedroom but it is often used as a third bedroom. This type of unit has a hot tub on the huge deck. Fantastic view of Lands End. This is the least expensive and least opulent of the three.

The private condos , Villa la Enstancia are often for rent. This condo is in-between the Arco and Villa del Palmar and has usage of all three of the resort restaurants. Very opulent rooms. Great views. Very private too.

Bill
Thanks so much!

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should consider the Pueblo Bonito properties on the Pacific side. This would be the Montechristos and Viceroy properties.
These are 3+ bedroom private "houses" in a resort with all resort amenities that rent by the week. All have private pools and because they are built on the side of a hill have an ocean view. You might also consider the week after Holiday week which is called the little dipper because it's the week after new year's day and it's a mini slow period for 2 weeks. Your availablity will be 5 or 10 times better during the little dipper vs Holiday week which is close to when a pig flies for availability.

Another resort with similar but much less inventory is the Hacienda Encantada residences. They are located between Cabo and San Jose about 3 miles from Cabo. Similar layout and amenities.

Place a wanted add in TUGG, check Redweek and call each of the resorts for availability. Expect resort prices to be about double what you might find from another owner. The one week MF cost to the owner was about 2100/week a few years ago.

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Montechristo looks like an excellent choice! Do you know if the units are all roughly interchangeable? There are a number available with some significant variations in the price.

I'm also seeing a Governors Villa at Pueblo Bonito. Would appreciate if anyone knows about those. Thanks!

Last edited:

77JC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Timber Lodge x2, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark
I don't know if they trade through RCI as well as II but Vista Encantada is a nice place to stay in Cabo. Plunge pool/hot tub on the balcony, ocean views, and fairly private-I think there are 36 rooms in the Vista portion of the Hacienda Encantada property. Exclusive rooftop pool and hot tub for Vista guests as well. AI optional and the food is very good. If it is not available in RCI it can be booked directly with the resort as well.

Garry

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they trade through RCI as well as II but Vista Encantada is a nice place to stay in Cabo. Plunge pool/hot tub on the balcony, ocean views, and fairly private-I think there are 36 rooms in the Vista portion of the Hacienda Encantada property. Exclusive rooftop pool and hot tub for Vista guests as well. AI optional and the food is very good. If it is not available in RCI it can be booked directly with the resort as well.
Vista Encantada is on the same property as Hacienda Encantada so you would also have access to the amenities at that resort, including pools, bars and numerous restaurants. AS a guest at Vista, you also have a dedicated concierge and valet parking. It's about 7 kms from Cabo so you have easy access to the town and all those amenities. The resort offers a shuttle ($) to Cabo as well. Only drawback was that there is no beach at the resort but it is ocean front.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I don't think Vista Encantada trades in RCI, but lately the Residences at Hacienda Encantada have been showing up in RCI priority access for Platinum level members.

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Montechristo looks like an excellent choice! Do you know if the units are all roughly interchangeable? There are a number available with some significant variations in the price.

I'm also seeing a Governors Villa at Pueblo Bonito. Would appreciate if anyone knows about those. Thanks!

Does anyone know - is Viceroy the same as Governors? If not, what is the difference? Thanks.

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does anyone know - is Viceroy the same as Governors? If not, what is the difference? Thanks.

Three different phases. Montechristo, Viceroy, Governors. Viceroy and Governors are the newest and located next to each other and are the most exclusive. Way over the top for Mexico IMO but some folks prefer it. All 3 properties are like your own home and if you want to leave the bubble they will golf cart you to anywhere in the resort you wish to go. The PBS resort also has a 40 passenger shuttle bus that runs hourly to their sister resort Pueblo Bonito Rose that is ON Medano beach. You have charge priveledges and run of the Rose resort as well. Just sign and go. Rose has no residences just regular TS rooms.

Vista at Haceinda Encantado is HE's newest property and is more upscale (and up sell) to their original TS properties. Vista has a partial ocean view but it's about 500 yards off the ocean front. Vista has only regular TS rooms but is new and has a nice rooftop common use pool and spa. It is not decorated with traditional Mexican decor but more Mexican modern (white colors, fine lines but the pumbing and mechanical fixtures are still 3rd world:).

The RESIDENCES at HE are laid back seperate homes and more like a PBS Montechristo but not as over the top as a Viceroy or Governor.

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why not book a scouting trip to Cabo after you get vaccinated? Room availability is excellent now.
You could book a short TS JR suite stay without a presentation requirement at PBS, HE, Marina Fiesta, Welk, VDP or any resort in Cabo that has reasonable rates (about 125-150/night at HE) and then go on TS presentations at HE and at PBS. Tell your rep you are really considering a residence unit for family gatherings. They will take you right there and pass the usual TS product. You will earn $250 cash for each of the presentations and that will pay for your room. Just don't buy anything please as I'm wearing out my welcome at my home resorts helping folks rescind:)

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why not book a scouting trip to Cabo after you get vaccinated? Room availability is excellent now.
You could book a short TS JR suite stay without a presentation requirement at PBS, HE, Marina Fiesta, Welk, VDP or any resort in Cabo that has reasonable rates (about 125-150/night at HE) and then go on TS presentations at HE and at PBS. Tell your rep you are really considering a residence unit for family gatherings. They will take you right there and pass the usual TS product. You will earn $250 cash for each of the presentations and that will pay for your room. Just don't buy anything please as I'm wearing out my welcome at my home resorts helping folks rescind:)

My husband has already had his first vaccination but I most likely won't get my chance until late spring or summer. I can't wait to travel again once that's done but it won't be in time to lock down this trip!

Thanks for the details above. Do you know what the differences are between viceroy & governors? I've googled it and can't find anything.

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Three different phases. Montechristo, Viceroy, Governors. Viceroy and Governors are the newest and located next to each other and are the most exclusive. Way over the top for Mexico IMO but some folks prefer it. All 3 properties are like your own home and if you want to leave the bubble they will golf cart you to anywhere in the resort you wish to go. The PBS resort also has a 40 passenger shuttle bus that runs hourly to their sister resort Pueblo Bonito Rose that is ON Medano beach. You have charge priveledges and run of the Rose resort as well. Just sign and go. Rose has no residences just regular TS rooms.

Vista at Haceinda Encantado is HE's newest property and is more upscale (and up sell) to their original TS properties. Vista has a partial ocean view but it's about 500 yards off the ocean front. Vista has only regular TS rooms but is new and has a nice rooftop common use pool and spa. It is not decorated with traditional Mexican decor but more Mexican modern (white colors, fine lines but the pumbing and mechanical fixtures are still 3rd world:).

The RESIDENCES at HE are laid back seperate homes and more like a PBS Montechristo but not as over the top as a Viceroy or Governor.
Hacienda Encantada looks like an awesome choice as well! Thanks for that suggestion!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Do you know what the differences are between viceroy & governors

Montecristo Estates are the first luxury Villas built off Sunset Beach by Pueblo Bonito. The Viceroy and Governor's are part of a different group of newer Villas off Sunset Beach. Most of this can be rented on VRBO.

Bill

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score
NUTS.

Hacienda Encantada only allows Saturday check-ins, and we need a Sunday check-in for this trip.

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.
The Welk Cabo resort has a private hot tub in the Penthouse units in Bldg 2. It is a 2-bed + private den, which has a pullout couch. Excellent views. However, I suspect they may be booked for the year end holidays.

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Welk Cabo resort has a private hot tub in the Penthouse units in Bldg 2. It is a 2-bed + private den, which has a pullout couch. Excellent views. However, I suspect they may be booked for the year end holidays.

I stayed in a regular 2 bedroom there in March a few years ago on an RCI exchange. Beautiful place!