• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lowest MF but highest TPU

kenojg

TUG Member
Reaction score
$19

I have 2 studio's each with MF of $300 which have (max 9 months out) 16TPU's each ... so cost of $19...

which I feel is pretty good, and if and when I decide I might could use more , with help and info from here I would try and shoot towards the $10 range.

Thanks ;)

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
How do one use site for extra diligence when entries are all over the map there? I mean when you have resort with entries from $62 to $3190 (and none of these 2 is correct) how can you make a conclusion..

Uhhhhh, how 'bout calling the resort directly. Maybe some of the resorts have monthly payment options or multi payment options. I know of several that do so, so maybe those $60 a month MF's are why you are seeing such discrepancies between $60 a month and $700 but it's not specified because the site owners have not put a way to do it yet. :shrug:

[/QUOTE]As for my connection to PCCs - I am frequent buyer from these companies and that is the only connection that I ever had[/QUOTE]

And that is my only connection as well. :p

Wish I owned that website though. I think it's a great idea. :D

Last edited:

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
-snip-

I agree it's a great idea (if not perfect). :D

Christine, I think if you did own that site you would be barraged with complaints from people who don't understand raw data or know how it can be useful.

I challenged one of the complainers to produce a better site - still no luck. :ignore:

Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

mstoyanov

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at that resort and MFs are not collected monthly.
There is nothing in this resort that even have anything remotely close to $60 MFs - it is simply incorrect entry from some owner who probably entered some balance left from prepaid estimate of previous year fees or is simply an incorrect entry. And due to the lack of ability to "flag" incorrect entries there is no way you to inform others that this entry is invalid even if you know 100% for sure that it is.

As for calling the resort - that is exactly my point, this website in its current form is as useless as it gets so it does not help you with due diligence.

The only reason why I asked is if you are the owner is because I have constructive suggestion on how to improve the site significantly so that it can be pretty good. I myself need such website and maintain personal DB for all resorts that I am interested and years for which I can collect MF data. Unfortunately maintaining such DB takes quite a bit of my time and I will be very happy to find a site that have such info instead. I still wish that I can make suggestion to the original site owner - in my opinion such changes will not be very difficult to implement.

Uhhhhh, how 'bout calling the resort directly. Maybe some of the resorts have monthly payment options or multi payment options. I know of several that do so, so maybe those $60 a month MF's are why you are seeing such discrepancies between $60 a month and $700 but it's not specified because the site owners have not put a way to do it yet. :shrug:

And that is my only connection as well. :p

mstoyanov

TUG Member
Reaction score
So instead of explaining how you can reconcile and use so called by you "RAW" data of entries from $60 to $3190+ for resort that has neither
you launch a diatribe against me accusing me of some silly conspiracy theories when I only wanted to contact site owner with suggestions how to make site actually usable. Dude you have some serous attitude problems.

Oh and don't bother to reply to me - you will be my first poster in "ignored" list. I never though I will use this feature but what do you know.

I agree it's a great idea (if not perfect). :D

Christine, I think if you did own that site you would be barraged with complaints from people who don't understand raw data or know how it can be useful.

I challenged one of the complainers to produce a better site - still no luck. :ignore:

Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh and don't bother to reply to me - you will be my first poster in "ignored" list. I never though I will use this feature but what do you know.

I'm honored ... and relieved that I won't be hearing anything else from you in response to what I post.

Maybe every cloud does have a silver lining :p

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
-snip-

The only reason why I asked is if you are the owner is because I have constructive suggestion on how to improve the site significantly so that it can be pretty good. I myself need such website and maintain personal DB for all resorts that I am interested and years for which I can collect MF data. Unfortunately maintaining such DB takes quite a bit of my time and I will be very happy to find a site that have such info instead.
emphasis added

Dude if you don't know how to contact the owner of a site you are the one who's clueless. Well, since that actually fits - here goes:

Go to www.google.com and type in --- how do i find the owner of a web site?

Read and learn - don't accuse people of being the owner just because they mention a site - simple really.

Since you claim you need a site like this -- I really think you should thank Christine for mentioning it.

And if you don't like it - please post your better site - cumon man, man up.

pashbroo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Back to the OP's original question..... I recently traded my Prime summer Island Park Village Week which used to be a tiger trader with RCI but now gets a meager 28 TPUS to another timesharer that I get 52 TPU's for a Maintenance fee of $500. ($9.60 per TPU). I'll send you a pm with the resort....as we all know in the past if weeks are talked up too much it can have a negative effect on trade power.

And you other folks....you should play nice:hi:

I'd be interested to hear about this $9.60/TPU resort as well, or any others in the ~$10 TPU range. I'm specifically interested in something I could use to trade into DVC, but don't currently have an RCI account so it's hard for me to find these (current) monster traders. If anyone could PM me info about high TPU/$ weeks/resorts, I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Yes this is an old thread, but I wonder what MF per TPU rates are at today, almost 9 years later.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I’m in the $13-17.50/TPU range w/Colonies of Williamsburg and Massanutten. It’s a bit tough to truly say what it is for them because of the VV extra vacation certificates that are good for ~8 TPU exchanges and the Massanutten trading power boosts, but there are additional fees associated with them.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
$16/TPU counting extra certificate. $19/TPU not counting such.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Most of mine are around $15/TPU except my one so. cal studio which is between $10 and $11

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not $10/TPU but less than $13....
Aruba timeshare, February fixed weeks.
Only problem...….you are not going to get them cheaply which will greatly offset your TPUs.
Several of my timeshares were purchased for less than $1000 and get me $15-16/TPUs

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
$16/TPU counting extra certificate. $19/TPU not counting such.
Omg. $$/TPU..... I need RCI HELP lol. I’m looking to pick up a trader in RCI for DVC inventory last minute. What the heck are these ratios and how can I tell what a resort would be? Ideally I’d like a resort I can keep in both II and RCI. is that even possible?? I also read, book a week then deposit? With II you just deposit the floating week. I’d love to know the differences between each exchange company.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Omg. $$/TPU..... I need RCI HELP lol. I’m looking to pick up a trader in RCI for DVC inventory last minute. What the heck are these ratios and how can I tell what a resort would be? Ideally I’d like a resort I can keep in both II and RCI. is that even possible?? I also read, book a week then deposit? With II you just deposit the floating week. I’d love to know the differences between each exchange company.

These ratios are calculated, they are not displayed or available anywhere directly, but resorts have a MF$$ and they receive from RCI a point value, that may vary slightly from year to year, and will decrease it you do not deposit them in a timely fashion.

But assuming Max points are received, you can calculate the MF $ per TPU obtained. So for example I pay $450 in MF an I receive 27 TPUs when I deposit that week. So 450/27 = $16.67 so that is the price per TPU. It is the only way you can really compare one week to another, and you then can use it to figure out the cost of your trade in RCI, as it will be the cost of TPUs + the reservation fee.

Haven't been a member of II in a while, as I didn't want to pay for it. So it is just RCI for me for now. So I won't comment on II pricing or trades.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
These ratios are calculated, they are not displayed or available anywhere directly, but resorts have a MF$$ and they receive from RCI a point value, that may vary slightly from year to year, and will decrease it you do not deposit them in a timely fashion.

But assuming Max points are received, you can calculate the MF $ per TPU obtained. So for example I pay $450 in MF an I receive 27 TPUs when I deposit that week. So 450/27 = $16.67 so that is the price per TPU. It is the only way you can really compare one week to another, and you then can use it to figure out the cost of your trade in RCI, as it will be the cost of TPUs + the reservation fee.

Haven't been a member of II in a while, as I didn't want to pay for it. So it is just RCI for me for now. So I won't comment on II pricing or trades.
How much is your RCI membership fee? My II is included in my HOA for vistana. I was thinking of an EOY Sheraton I can deposit in both RCI And II.

sandkastle4966

TUG Member
Reaction score

1) DVC is in RCI
2) you can't deposit a week in BOTH RCI and II at the same time. Once you deposit it somewhere - its is not longer "yours".

sandkastle4966

TUG Member
Reaction score
To add to SandyVDH post - exactly how I calculate a week's TPU value. I do NOT factor in "resort certificates" or any amount that I get for renting out a timeshare week. (I get several "resort certificates" every year and have used one). (IMHO - Rental income is really only valid in an entire portfolio - not for comparing the value of one week to another.)

and finally, you also need to consider the acquisition cost of a "tiger trader". I can name 60 TPU weeks - but the cost to acquire is over $15,000 (yes, on the resale market and VERY hard to get). Not worth it for trading...

My "tiger trader" thru RCI, typically costs me $700 for a week exchange (28 TPUs @ $16 plus exchange fee) - and most of my trades are less than 28 !

(and I paid $1000 for the tiger trader about 15 years ago)

sandkastle

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
I think he meant 'either' as opposed to 'both.'

Although, suddenly I'm curious, if you have a lockoff, is there any reason you couldn't deposit half your week into each of two different exchange programs?

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
(IMHO - Rental income is really only valid in an entire portfolio - not for comparing the value of one week to another.)

I think there is some value in taking minimum rent into account, at least for lockoffs. I have an ownership that, imo, should not ever be used only for points. One half 'should' be rented - it earns well more than half the maintenance fee, even after the resort takes their enormous cut - and it really does arguably reduce my cost per point. The same would apply if it were in weeks, though I understand the tpu value of the week is nowhere near as valuable as the point value, so it still not be a great value even accounting for rental income.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
My latest Williamsburg Plantation purchase has $17.5/TPU. Don’t know if it comes with extra certificate. If it does, then it will be $13/TPU. @Eric B thats about your values. I can’t bring myself to buy anything Massanutten.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How much is your RCI membership fee? My II is included in my HOA for vistana. I was thinking of an EOY Sheraton I can deposit in both RCI And II.

My Wyndham pays for my RCI account, I was paying for II. That is why I dumped II, I wasn't using it enough, so that was driving up my cost. Yet, because wyndham already pays for RCI account, I have not additional costs to maintain it.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
My Wyndham pays for my RCI account, I was paying for II. That is why I dumped II, I wasn't using it enough, so that was driving up my cost. Yet, because wyndham already pays for RCI account, I have not additional costs to maintain it.
And you get good TPU?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And you get good TPU?

I have NON wyndham fixed weeks that I get TPUs for. Wyndham pays for a Weeks account and a Points account, for me at least.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This post makes me wonder again about Ridewithme. I guess he hasn't been around since mid-2017. I always enjoyed his posts about traveling with his daughter.