• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lounge at the Central at 5th

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just browsed around the booking site and saw that the lounge at the Central at 5th is closed - Curious about why the lounge is closed, does any owners at Central know why and when it will reopen?

I guess the owners MF goes towards paying the lounge should it should be open right?

regards

Last edited:

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
It had been closed for some time while the floor was replaced. Those repairs should have been done by now.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
It had been closed for some time while the floor was replaced. Those repairs should have been done by now.

Floors, schmoors. Anyone who can't straddle the beams while getting food can opt not to go in. No reason to close it to the rest of the folks :)

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
It's a new building and they need to replace the floors already? What is up with that?

Wannabe-snowbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are other NY clubs that the owners lounges have also been closed all summer. They have been giving visa gift cards to owners. Owner friend at Quinn got $50/day per, per room. Had 3 rooms booked for guests, received $150 in visa cards per day.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are other NY clubs that the owners lounges have also been closed all summer. They have been giving visa gift cards to owners. Owner friend at Quinn got $50/day per, per room. Had 3 rooms booked for guests, received $150 in visa cards per day.
That’s great or should I say it’s better than nothing. Don’t think I can get a breakfast for two pax plus food, wine, beer etc in the afternoon for that kind of money.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s great or should I say it’s better than nothing. Don’t think I can get a breakfast for two pax plus food, wine, beer etc in the afternoon for that kind of money.

For W. 57th and Quin it is very possible to go to the Morton Williams on W. 57th and get breakfast there. It's on steam tables, by the pound, and has all the basic breakfast items one might want. it's actually better than what the lounge offers (at least W. 57th). Then the rest can go to drinks :)

But, AFAIK, W. 57th is open (was in April, anyway).

Cheers.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
W57 is definitely open with self-serve! Loved sitting outside all of last weekend with surprisingly perfect August NYC weather. Do the other lounges have an outdoor patio option, and can W57 owners use any other NYC property lounges?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
...and can W57 owners use any other NYC property lounges?

No to this. Only people who own points local to that NYC property can use the lounge. Don't have to be staying on those points (I've used the lounge when on HGVC points), but have to be an owner there.

Cheers..

Angelpire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Central at 5th by Hilton Club
It's a new building and they need to replace the floors already? What is up with that?
My thought's exactly. That owner's lounge has basically never been open. Maybe once during an event week, and that's about it. It's never, ever open.