• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Los Angeles airport arrivals --14 day self quarantine

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Your examples do not impact others exponentially.
Sorry, I'm not letting you off that easy. Your statement was about one life. Not exponential saving of lives.

Try again.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Sorry, I'm not letting you off that easy. Your statement was about one life. Not exponential saving of lives.

Try again.

This is absurd. I mentioned at least one life. I think most people understand my point, and I won’t let you suck us down this path. You need to reconsider the appropriateness of pushing this at this time, when the city in which I live is being overrun with cases, our hospitals are in trouble, and people here are talking about ways to circumvent our government suggestions so that they can travel. You have no idea how angry I am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Public Health Reports 49 New Deaths and 4,311 New Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 in Los Angeles County

Key Indicators Show COVID-19 Pandemic Worsening in L.A. County

The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (Public Health) continues to see troubling increases in key indicators, including daily new cases, hospitalizations, and test positivity rates.

Today, Public Health has confirmed 49 new deaths and 4,311 new cases of COVID-19. To date, Public Health identified 378,323 positive cases of COVID-19 across all areas of L.A. County and a total of 7,543 deaths.

The County's daily cases of COVID-19 has sharply increased. From November 1 to today, the 7-day average of daily reported cases increased from 1,393 to 4,381.

The County's daily test positivity rate increased significantly from 3.9% on November 1 to 7.3% today.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
This is absurd. I mentioned at least one life. I think most people understand my point, and I won’t let you suck us down this path. You need to reconsider the appropriateness of pushing this at this time, when the city in which I live is being overrun with cases, our hospitals are in trouble, and people here are talking about ways to circumvent our government suggestions so that they can travel. You have no idea how angry I am.

Au contraire, you said that if the City of LA is misleading people that there is an actual 14 day quarantine...
If by doing this saves even just one life, I'm okay with it.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Au contraire, you said that if the City of LA is misleading people that there is an actual 14 day quarantine...

Where did *I* write this?

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
I order almost all my chocolates online. I used to order 10 bags of Baci at a time but they keep running out. Trader Joe's started to carry Baci in their stores recently but since they don't have an online presence, no more Baci for now. Ethel M chocolates is the other brand that I buy online and they are very good. I don't care for See's candies at all as I find them too sweet. Stay at home and eat chocolates to FATTEN my curves. :LOL:

Ethel M used to be available only in person in Vegas. Nice to know they’re online now. Did you know it’s part of the Mars M&M’s family?

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Ethel M used to be available only in person in Vegas. Nice to know they’re online now. Did you know it’s part of the Mars M&M’s family?

We go to the Ethel M factory every time we are in Las Vegas ( which is not very often since it does not appeal to Cliff).

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (Public Health) today released the latest data on COVID-19.

5,087 new COVID-19 cases (383,275 cases to date)
37 new deaths due to COVID-19 (7,580 deaths to date)
1,809 people currently hospitalized with COVID-19
24% are in the ICU
More than 3,654,454 individuals tested; 10% of all people tested positive

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know are they still doing elective surgeries there?

It's a sign of the times that the reason for this thread is due to an uncontrolled pandemic impacting Los Angeles and all most of you want to discuss is...chocolate.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Do you know are they still doing elective surgeries there?

I believe they are, but warnings in the past few days suggest they are considering once again delaying them.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
The local news is reporting 1 out of every 145 people in LA County is infected. YIKES! We are headed to a stay at home order.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Today, Public Health has confirmed 24 new deaths and 4,544 new cases of COVID-19. Currently, the five-day average of new cases is 4,751.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
L.A. County adopts further restrictions on public and private gatherings to slow spread of virus
From the article:
The order prohibits all public and private gatherings with individuals not in the same household, except for religious services and protests.
So evidently, they have figured out that Covid-19 cannot be transmitted in church or during protests?

This is exactly what drives people to not trust the experts, IMO. Why exempt certain activities, if they are truly trying to eliminate the spread of the disease? SMH

Kurt

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
From the article:

So evidently, they have figured out that Covid-19 cannot be transmitted in church or during protests?

This is exactly what drives people to not trust the experts, IMO. Why exempt certain activities, if they are truly trying to eliminate the spread of the disease? SMH

Kurt

That’s your conclusion? Hours after the Supreme Court decision on this very matter for New York you think it’s the experts that are at fault? I respectfully suggest you review the current news and reconsider your opinion.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That’s your conclusion? Hours after the Supreme Court decision on this very matter for New York you think it’s the experts that are at fault? I respectfully suggest you review the current news and reconsider your opinion.
Why so hostile? :shrug: I know there are reasons why these exemptions are in place, but it still doesn't change my opinion that these inconsistencies are a large factor in why so many people are not trusting the authorities who put these restrictions in place. Do you think these exemptions should be in place?

Kurt

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another hypothesis: the reason restrictions are followed more consistently in other countries is that they don't have all these exemptions. "We're all in this together" attitude, instead of "We have to allow exemptions for special interest groups" attitude. Discuss.

Kurt

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Why so hostile? :shrug: I know there are reasons why these exemptions are in place, but it still doesn't change my opinion that these inconsistencies are a large factor in why so many people are not trusting the authorities who put these restrictions in place. Do you think these exemptions should be in place?

Kurt

Not at all hostile. If anything, irritated. Months into this mess and some of you continue to criticize the experts, which won’t accomplish anything positive.

I do not personally think any exemptions should be made and I believe many of us will needlessly suffer due to them. But the point here is that it’s not the experts making this decision, I don’t think, but the politicians and in no small part due to the courts.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Another hypothesis: the reason restrictions are followed more consistently in other countries is that they don't have all these exemptions. "We're all in this together" attitude, instead of "We have to allow exemptions for special interest groups" attitude. Discuss.

Kurt

Perhaps you would contribute your opinion of TUG members detailing how to circumvent local government suggestions on slowing the spread so that they can travel? That would be something we actually could influence.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not at all hostile. If anything, irritated. Months into this mess and some of you continue to criticize the experts, which won’t accomplish anything positive.
I would suggest you re-read my post. In no way did I criticize the experts. You assumed that, hence the hostile nature of your post. Please read a little more carefully in the future. Thank you.

Kurt

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I would suggest you re-read my post. In no way did I criticize the experts. You assumed that, hence the hostile nature of your post. Please read a little more carefully in the future. Thank you.

Kurt

You suggested people don’t trust the experts because of these exemptions. Please comprehend more fully in future. Thank you.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Perhaps you would contribute your opinion of TUG members detailing how to circumvent local government suggestions on slowing the spread so that they can travel? That would be something we actually could influence.
Again, so hostile. It's not worth my time engaging in such hostility. Have a good day!

Kurt