• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Los Angeles airport arrivals --14 day self quarantine

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then you can say that about the mask mandates and quarantine requirements just about everywhere. So, is your solution to do nothing? Or to lock everyone up who violates the mandates? And how would YOU enforce it?

Yes enforcement backed by fines, community service and jail.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
I greatly admire your See’s enthusiasm! Will have to check out the chocolate covered brittle bars. DH went nuts for the cashew brittle last Christmas, so much so that he sent me back to the mall booth for more. Sadly they were sold out completely (not even mail order available).

A couple of months ago I went a bit overboard and bought several See’s holiday candy dishes on eBay.

The Assistance League...brings back memories! My grandmother used to volunteer there every week. You aren’t in Fullerton, are you? Maybe there are more than one?
Sees online closed down completely at the beginning of the pandemic but then reopened again. I might’ve known someone who tried to place an order earlier this year.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Today they were reporting from Union Station where the same procedure is apparently in place for those arriving by train.

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
This post should be marked: "Unfounded." There is no requirement that anyone "sign a form saying they will self quarantine for 14 days."

This is just the City of LA misleading and scaring people from traveling to LAX, implying that there is some type of curfew order in place when none actually exists. We see it is working as a news outlet reported it, or OP interpreted it that way.

(And I left the political sarcasm out.)
See my post #18. The link is from the LAX website.

I agree, nothing says "will" quarantine. It is only "should."

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
See my post #18. The link is from the LAX website.

I agree, nothing says "will" quarantine. It is only "should."
I was referencing the OP, not your post. The Governor's order is and has always been simply an advisory. My point is the City of LA is trying to make it seem like it's a requirement to quarantine 14 days as other states have done), by posting this onerous threat of a $500 fine if you don't fill out a form acknowledging the advisory, that they recite in the form "Persons arriving in California from other states or countries, including returning California residents, should practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival." There is no mention that there is no requirement to quarantine. It's not surprising that people may read this and think that they have to quarantine for 14 days.

I think this is misleading and improper. It's just dirty.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill

Uh huh. In our state the policy are already over burdened. I can just see them going out to follow up on every person who signed an agreement to self quarantine to see if they were really doing it. We already have police and sheriff departments refusing to enforce the mask mandate. But in your little police state, I guess things like that wouldn't happen.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Then you can say that about the mask mandates and quarantine requirements just about everywhere. So, is your solution to do nothing? Or to lock everyone up who violates the mandates? And how would YOU enforce it?
They could create a "snitch line" like they have here in Colorado. :mad:

In Summit County (home of many ski resorts), they have a new regulation that only members from a single household can occupy a short term rental (hotels, timeshares, VRBOs, etc.). Then they set up a "snitch line" to call to report anyone who may be violating the regulation. It can result in you getting in trouble and being kicked out. I wish I were joking, but you can't make this stuff up!

So that 3BR timeshare you were planning to share with another family for some outdoor skiing fun this winter? Have to cancel now. :(

Kurt

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
They could create a "snitch line" like they have here in Colorado. :mad:

In Summit County (home of many ski resorts), they have a new regulation that only members from a single household can occupy a short term rental (hotels, timeshares, VRBOs, etc.). Then they set up a "snitch line" to call to report anyone who may be violating the regulation. It can result in you getting in trouble and being kicked out. I wish I were joking, but you can't make this stuff up!

So that 3BR timeshare you were planning to share with another family for some outdoor skiing fun this winter? Have to cancel now. :(

Kurt
So you would have to know that someone flew back to Los Angeles, had signed a quarantine form, then didn't quarantine. You'd have to be quite the detective as well as a snitch. :cool:

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
If by doing this saves even just one life, I'm okay with it.
There are many that agree with you, scary. But stand by your convictions, and never go out or do anything with any risk so as to avoid the risk of ever losing your single life.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
There are many that agree with you, scary. But stand by your convictions, and never go out or do anything with any risk so as to avoid the risk of ever losing your single life.
And it circles back to, by being careful about yourself you may not only be saving your single life, but others as well.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Perhaps you haven't seen my previous posts. I am being extremely careful, and so should everyone. That's how we protect each other. Sadly, America has failed at this task and we have hundreds of thousands dead as a result. The cavalier recommendations in this thread to ignore government suggestions is part of the problem.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I order almost all my chocolates online. I used to order 10 bags of Baci at a time but they keep running out. Trader Joe's started to carry Baci in their stores recently but since they don't have an online presence, no more Baci for now. Ethel M chocolates is the other brand that I buy online and they are very good. I don't care for See's candies at all as I find them too sweet. Stay at home and eat chocolates to FATTEN my curves. :LOL:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

One out of every 145 people in L.A. County is currently infectious with the disease, according to a model released by health officials Wednesday. This is a drastic jump from just two months ago, when the estimate put the rate at about 1 in 880 Angelenos.

Indeed, in L.A. County, health officials have said that the people falling sick with COVID-19 in the past few weeks have not made more trips to stores, restaurants, workplaces or anywhere else than those who fell sick a few months prior. A higher number of people are just falling sick at the same location.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will ask again

What is your plan? It is real easy to insult and denigrate those that have to make hard decisions.
My plan -- "two weeks to flatten the curve" . The spirit of this was not stop Covid , but rather spread out the disease spread to keep our medical systems from being overwhelmed. I stick by the original plan.

Illinois - one of the most restrictive states in the nation. Florida - not so much.

Last week, Illinois reported 15,415 cases in a single day, more than Florida ever did in a single day. This is despite Illinois' population being 40% lower.

Illinois: - Mask mandate since May 1 - $5M ad campaign to encourage mask wearing - Closing indoor dining/bars at end of October - Stay at home advisory in Chicago and additional statewide restrictions enacted last week

These restrictions don't work.

1606349852677.png

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
If by doing this saves even just one life, I'm okay with it.
While we're at it we can ban all sugar since that can kill people (diabetes, increased obesity)...
Tobacco should be banned for obvious reasons...
Drunk driving kills people, so let's ban alcohol...
You get the point...

I guarantee each of these things would save at least one life. :wall:

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
My plan -- "two weeks to flatten the curve" . The spirit of this was not stop Covid , but rather spread out the disease spread to keep our medical systems from being overwhelmed. I stick by the original plan.

Illinois - one of the most restrictive states in the nation. Florida - not so much.

Last week, Illinois reported 15,415 cases in a single day, more than Florida ever did in a single day. This is despite Illinois' population being 40% lower.

Illinois: - Mask mandate since May 1 - $5M ad campaign to encourage mask wearing - Closing indoor dining/bars at end of October - Stay at home advisory in Chicago and additional statewide restrictions enacted last week

View attachment 29020
Again you say what doesn't work. It appears you are for doing nothing. What do you think those curves look like with no restrictions?????

Since this virus does seem to be dependent on weather would not the upper mid west be a better comparison as opposed to completely different climates. Now look at VT. Probably the most restrictive state in the union. It is also the by far one of the best in controlling this. I raise your FL by 1 VT

And instead of anecdodal cherry picked data.

Brett

Reaction score

so your plan is no one should wear a mask and in the future everyone gets the vaccine and all is good
hope it works ... ;)

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
While we're at it we can ban all sugar since that can kill people (diabetes, increased obesity)...
Tobacco should be banned for obvious reasons...
Drunk driving kills people, so let's ban alcohol...
You get the point...

I guarantee each of these things would save at least one life. :wall:

More false equivalencies.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

We’re tired of seeing patients who got the virus after their kid’s “limited” birthday party or because they went out to a restaurant dinner with “close friends” or flew to a celebration in a state “that didn’t have much COVID.”

What you do — how we ALL act in the next six weeks — will make the difference between an inconvenient fall and a disaster that will take years to overcome.

Until months AFTER the vaccines arrive, the same simple steps will be required. Not just in California, but also across our un-United States.

Wear a mask whenever you leave the house. Stop doing dumb stuff, like going to parties, destination weddings and the French Laundry. Stop listening to know-nothings who spout “science” on YouTube and Twitter.

Stop being crybabies about a little inconvenience. We already have more than 250,000 reasons to weep — and to be thankful we are alive and can still do something about it.

So avoid crowds. Wash your hands. Stay home. Why is this so hard?