• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Los Angeles airport arrivals --14 day self quarantine

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Starting tomorrow arriving passengers at LAX will have to sign a form saying they will self quarantine for 14 days; $500 fine for not signing. First heard this on the 11pm news last night. Wait, what did they just say? Heard it again on the 11am news. No indication as to how they are going to monitor this in a city/area this large, so I expect it can't be done unless they do a random sample check on people each day. They say we are just a few covid cases shy of a stay at home order, so I'd better go do a See's run!

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Starting tomorrow arriving passengers at LAX will have to sign a form saying they will self quarantine for 14 days; $500 fine for not signing. First heard this on the 11pm news last night. Wait, what did they just say? Heard it again on the 11am news. No indication as to how they are going to monitor this in a city/area this large, so I expect it can't be done unless they do a random sample check on people each day. They say we are just a few covid cases shy of a stay at home order, so I'd better go do a See's run!
It just is basically an acknowledgment that you understand there is a recommendation. I don’t think there is any enforcement behind this.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
How brave of you to admit on TUG that you are heading out to run an errand to purchase something non essential like candy .

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

See’s can be ordered online!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
But you don't get free samples that way ;)

Free samples with a dose of covid? Yeah somehow I doubt they are giving away free samples these days.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
See’s can be ordered online!

Yes, until they run out of current production. Plant is in what I'd call "mid-city" area and they shut down last spring when we had a stay at home order. Eventually there was nothing left to order; they were giving away their Easter candy and leftover spring stock with the lunch programs for kids, seniors and anyone in need. Cliff says I didn't qualify even though I was in desperate need of See's!

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
It's a sign of the times that the reason for this thread is due to an uncontrolled pandemic impacting Los Angeles and all most of you want to discuss is...chocolate.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
I’m on Team See’s. You must tell us what you got! My personal fave is Kona Mocha. No stores here, just a booth with limited selection in the mall at Christmastime.

Fun fact: the factory in SF sends their imperfect candy to the pig farm down the road.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some people find joy and hope in even the toughest times. It is how our parents survived the Depression. It is how we get through each day without going berserk.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, I confess I went to Sees yesterday and got a few pieces...and a couple samples. The mall I went to is pretty much vacant.
Good. And you don’t need to justify your errand.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I’m on Team See’s. You must tell us what you got! My personal fave is Kona Mocha. No stores here, just a booth with limited selection in the mall at Christmastime.

Fun fact: the factory in SF sends their imperfect candy to the pig farm down the road.

For the first time ever, they've opened a holiday store right next to the CVS we go to at least twice a week. And the Assistance League ladies sell it in their thrift shop which is in walking distance. I've hit each of those in the last two weeks, but really need to make a trip "down the hill" to the stand alone shop to hand pick a box full of polar bear paws, Kona mocha, regular mocha, bordeaux, Mayfair, orange cream, marzipan, California brittle and almond truffles. If I am not hiding my box from Cliff, I'll have them throw in some dark chocolate covered walnuts and almonds for him. I am seriously addicted to the stuff, but I am able to make a pound last about 5 days (unlike being able to eat a pound in one sitting in my youth). I discovered something new to me -- chocolate covered peanut brittle bars. I had to get my online purchase up to $65 for free shipping at Father's Day and I was at $54. OK, let me try a box of eight bars for $14. So good! And I am able to make a box last 8 days because it feels just too over the top to have two candy bars in one day. It has also come to my attention that the hand picked boxes cost more per pound than the pre-packed. Not that the price matters, but I'd never noticed that before.

Last edited:

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
For the first time ever, they've opened a holiday store right next to the CVS we go to at least twice a week. And the Assistance League ladies sell it in their thrift shop which is in walking distance. I've hit each of those in the last two weeks, but really need to make a trip "down the hill" to the stand alone shop to hand pick a box full of polar bear paws, Kona mocha, regular mocha, bordeaux, Mayfair, orange cream, marzipan, California brittle and almond truffles. If I am not hiding my box from Cliff, I'll have them throw in some dark chocolate covered walnuts and almonds for him. I am seriously addicted to the stuff, but I am able to make a pound last about 5 days (unlike being able to eat a pound in one sitting in my youth). I discovered something new to me -- chocolate covered peanut brittle bars. I had to get my online purchase up to $65 for Father's Day and I was at $54. OK, let me try a box of eight bars for $14. So good! And I am able to make a box last 8 days because it feels just too over the top to have two candy bars in one day. It has also come to my attention that the hand picked boxes cost more per pound than the pre-packed. Not that the price matters, but I'd never noticed that before.

I greatly admire your See’s enthusiasm! Will have to check out the chocolate covered brittle bars. DH went nuts for the cashew brittle last Christmas, so much so that he sent me back to the mall booth for more. Sadly they were sold out completely (not even mail order available).

A couple of months ago I went a bit overboard and bought several See’s holiday candy dishes on eBay.

The Assistance League...brings back memories! My grandmother used to volunteer there every week. You aren’t in Fullerton, are you? Maybe there are more than one?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
The Assistance League...brings back memories! My grandmother used to volunteer there every week. You aren’t in Fullerton, are you? Maybe there are several.
The Assistance League was all over the place. My mother belonged to one in Glendale, CA. She volunteered at their thrift shop. They would get some beautiful things. I remember her bringing home several dresses for my sister and I (which she paid for of course).

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
There is a fine if you refuse to fill out the quarantine form, but there is no mention of quarantine enforcement. The word "should" is used, which is a lot different than "will."

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I greatly admire your See’s enthusiasm! Will have to check out the chocolate covered brittle bars. DH went nuts for the cashew brittle last Christmas, so much so that he sent me back to the mall booth for more. Sadly they were sold out completely (not even mail order available).

A couple of months ago I went a bit overboard and bought several See’s holiday candy dishes on eBay.

The Assistance League...brings back memories! My grandmother used to volunteer there every week. You aren’t in Fullerton, are you? Maybe there are more than one?

Our AL in San Pedro also runs the only all volunteer post office in the US. I've visited the PO far more often than the AL shop, although I've learned "bad habits" while they were shut down from mid-March until October. It is actually less of a hassle to drive 10 - 12 minutes to another PO we'd never set foot in before the pandemic because they have plenty of parking (usually) and a great big counter that they leave open in the middle for people dropping off pre-paid packages. AL PO was always a bit of a hassle because with a tiny room, two stations, having to take a number, and a door that opens inward, it was hard to drop off pre-paid without being pushy and calling out "just dropping off" as they were between customers. Now they make everyone stand outside. That being said, since it is in walking distance, and happens to be nextdoor to a fabulous Italian sandwich shop, and around the block from the pharmacy, it is sometimes still worth it to go over there.

regatta333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
What if you just have a one-night layover en route to Hawaii? We have a flight booked in January, arriving LAX late in the evening and departing for Hawaii the next morning.

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
What if you just have a one-night layover en route to Hawaii? We have a flight booked in January, arriving LAX late in the evening and departing for Hawaii the next morning.
Just sign and go. You are only acknowledging that you "should" quarantine.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
What a waste of time if no enforcement.
Then you can say that about the mask mandates and quarantine requirements just about everywhere. So, is your solution to do nothing? Or to lock everyone up who violates the mandates? And how would YOU enforce it?

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
This post should be marked: "Unfounded." There is no requirement that anyone "sign a form saying they will self quarantine for 14 days."

This is just the City of LA misleading and scaring people from traveling to LAX, implying that there is some type of curfew order in place when none actually exists. We see it is working as a news outlet reported it, or OP interpreted it that way.

(And I left the political sarcasm out.)

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited: