• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

los abrigados or arroyo roble?

miko

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trying to make a decision between the two..does anyone have any info regarding which would have the better work out facilities ( treadmills, steam/sauna etc) From the info it would appear that los abrigados does. There is a 2 bedroom available at los abrigados for exchange and the limited kitchen would not really be a problem..It seems to have more "resort" amenities than the arroyo( i.e. restaurants on site)...has anyone stayed in the "flagstaff" unit at Los ab?... any info in helping me make a decision would be greatly appreciated! Lydia

BILL_B

Reaction score
Lydia,

We have stayed at Arroyo Roble (and will be there again in Sept.) and toured Los Abrigados. Both are older but very charming places. Arroyo has a large "rec" area that includes an indoor/outdoor pool, hot tubs both inside & outside, steam room, sauna, handball/racquetball courts, large well equipped workout and weight rooms, pool tables and ping-pong tables. Although there is no restaurant on site the driveway exits directly on to the main drag downtown and you have dozens of shops and at least 8-10 restaurants within one to two blocks.

The condos at Arroyo are all quite large two story units and have full size kitchens, washer and dryer, two fireplaces and two balconies and a patio. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and you would have no idea that you are only a block from downtown.

Los A also has beautiful grounds and is conveniently located next to Tlaquepaque which is a large authentic Mexican shopping gallery that has dozens of galleries, restaurants and interesting shops. The units at Los A aren't as big as Arroyo but seemed just as nice.

I don't think you could go wrong with either of these places. And you will definitely enjoy Sedona.

Please ask if you have any questions.

Bill

wauhob3

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill or anyone which one has a better recreational/exercise area? Los Abrigados advertises a spa so does that mean it has better exercise equipment? It also appears to have been down graded to a silver crown and I was wondering why. Also for a spring break trip would the weather make one more desirable then another?

Last edited:

skimble

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reason Los Abrigados is a silver crown is because of their antiquated 1 bedroom units. They are rustic and made for two people with a sorry excuse for a kitchenette and a single bathroom that can only be reached through the master bedroom.
The two bedroom units are fabulous! The grounds are a total resort with tennis, swimming a beautiful lounge, consierge and more. They are right by the creek with a little relaxing park-- swans, ducks and more. It's an awesome location! The Telacapaki (sp?) arts center is a short walk (actually it's practically in the parking lot of L. A.)
A.R. is pretty amazing too. It's right on the creek. The units are older, but large and have a relaxed feel to them. The resort feel is not as prevelent.
I'd opt for Abrigados.

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen Los Abrigados, but from Skimble's reply, I'm tempted to stay there next time we visit Sedona.

I stayed at Arroyo Roble last summer and it was fantastic. Right on the creek, lots of greenery. There are a lot of wooden swings throughout the resort, including one right on the creek. They are great to just sit down and relax, listening to the water flow by.

AR is also right in town, up a bit of a hill. We walked to go out to dinner many evenings. Really enjoyed the stay there and would go back in a heartbeat.

Edye

BarCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup Arroyo Roble - no question - terrific location, wonderful funky decor, excellent grounds and lots of space for everybody...Can't wait to go back....

joycapecod

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at both several times and I prefer Arroyo Roble for my family, but if it is the spa experience you are looking for that Los A is the place to go. The Spa services should be booked in advance as it does get really busy and you may be disappointed if you don't reserve space ahead, even before you arrived is not unreasonable. I did not use the work out area, but the facials and massage are to die for. Prices are a little high, but well worth it.

Both resortrs are older, but they are well kept. Depending on time of year the grounds at Los A could be in full bloom and are quite beautiful. It is a much larger resort than Arroyo R. The on site resturants at Los A are very good, and as a guest you receive a discount card. We ate at Joey's Bistro and the food was great. We also ate at Sticks and Steaks and that too was very good.

One of the things I like about Arroyo is that my teenaged nephew (18) could walk to uptown if I didn't feel like driving. I wouldn't consider that from Los A due to the traffic.

The little shopping area, tlaquapaque has some nice shopping and some fine resturants too.

While in Sedona try Shugru's Hillside resturant too. It is just outside of the main area of Sedona, on Rt 179. You'll find much to do and fantastic places to eat.

If you are going during spring break (we'll be there near the end of March) the weather is quite warm (I'm a New Englnader). It will be in the 70s during the day, could even hit 80, though unlikely. I was fine with a fleece vest or jacket for mornings and evenings.

Which ever resort you pick I think you be pleased.