• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Loreley Resort Helen GA

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking about an exchange for next summer. Unit on the confirmation says S10. Looking to see if anyone has been here recently? Older reviews said the unit is really dated? My main concern is that it is clean :) We want to explore the area and get some hiking in.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I stayed here about 5 years ago, so this might not help since it was so long ago but the units were very dated but clean...I have all of my dad's brothers family that lives in Atlanta and the burbs surrounding it, so we had a wedding to attend in Helen, instead of staying at the expensive resort my little cousin booked we got an exchange into here. We were in a 2 bedroom and the beds were really bad to sleep on....

I love Helen, GA, it's a sweet town that is cute.

Reactions: Arb

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Try to visit the first weekend in June. Maybe the Hot Air Balloon race will be back. Cancelled this year due to COVID. We've been there that weekend for more than 30 years. I've seen Loreley but don't know anything about it. We go Wed - Sun, so we stay at the Helendorf Inn.

Sheila

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try to visit the first weekend in June. Maybe the Hot Air Balloon race will be back. Cancelled this year due to COVID. We've been there that weekend for more than 30 years. I've seen Loreley but don't know anything about it. We go Wed - Sun, so we stay at the Helendorf Inn.

Sheila
That sounds neat! The exchange is June 12th so I think if they have the event we will miss it by a week.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Too bad. It's a beautiful area with lots of outdoor stuff to do.

Sheila

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Too bad. It's a beautiful area with lots of outdoor stuff to do.

Sheila
That's great! We spend a week in Elliay in August but didn't get a chance to get over to Helen. Definitely right up our alley with all of the hiking and outdoor activity.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I own there. Never been there, never seen it. Bought it resale at a auction about 22-23 years ago. Didn't pay much, under $300 in the late 1990s.

I keep it as my only source of straight up RCI TPUs. I don't use RCI as much as I used to. But the MFs are super low and have been for a long time. Which is why the resort while clean, is not fancy and is dated.

2 BR for 27 TPUs and the MF in 2020 is $450. (See this post https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/lowest-mf-but-highest-tpu.147995/page-3 for other MF$ per TPU discussions.)

Reactions: LMD

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
So we are here now. Unit S10. It is on the second floor. One bed and bath on the first floor , two twin beds and a bathroom on the second floor (loft open to below). The unit is VERY dated which is okay however it was also very dirty upon our arrival too. Glad I brought my arsenal of cleaning supplies. The unit also has a fruit fly issue that we are trying to deal with. The location is great through for walking downtown. So far we have done several hikes and have been enjoying the outdoors.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Want to follow this up for anyone thinking of taking a trip to Helen. Even though the timeshare is less than stellar the location is great. We were able to walk to everything in town including the tubing. We tubed with both companies on two different days. We zip lined with two different outfitters, walked to Hardman Farms down a paved mile path and toured the grounds, took a ride on the Georgia Mountain coaster, did an adventure course. We did several hikes and walked a total of just over 50 miles in the 6 days. It is a great place if you like to be active outdoors without having to get in your car and drive a distance every day. Weather was perfect too!!

(Hubs and 9 year old daughter)
88EF1DD9-F17C-4D5E-B22E-4906F82B245E.jpeg