• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looks like HI in the near future!

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
PCR ( polymerase chain reaction ) is a type of NAAT (nucleic acid amplification test).
So does this mean anything for those planning to travel to Hawaii? I'm just trying to figure out the reason for the change. Are NAAT tests easier to get? Why the change in the wording?

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So does this mean anything for those planning to travel to Hawaii? I'm just trying to figure out the reason for the change. Are NAAT tests easier to get? Why the change in the wording?
Theoretically yes since PCR tests are a subset of NAAT tests. I would expect that those who made the change want to expand the field of tests that qualify.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This morning's nugget of non-news. The Star Advertiser reports that the Mayors of Maui, the Big Island, and Honolulu all support delaying reopening. The Mayor of Kauai refused to comment pending an update from Gov Ige (though the paper noted that Mayor Kawakami moved fastest to implement restrictions in the early days of the pandemic).

One of the issues Gov Ige and the Mayors are wrestling with is that there is currently no way to get test results back within 72 hours on the mainland. And that the fact you weren't positive 5-7 days ago means more or less bupkis if you live in most of the country. I've said it before but right now I *really* wouldn't want to be in Gov Ige's shoes.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I read recently that 14 flight attendants for Hawaiian Airlines tested positive after recently attending training in Honolulu. This shows that some people will get Covid no matter how stringent the rules are regarding travel, testing, and quarantine. I haven't seen any updated information regarding how these people were exposed, but it will be very difficult to totally eradicate the virus anywhere.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I read recently that 14 flight attendants for Hawaiian Airlines tested positive after recently attending training in Honolulu. This shows that some people will get Covid no matter how stringent the rules are regarding travel, testing, and quarantine. I haven't seen any updated information regarding how these people were exposed, but it will be very difficult to totally eradicate the virus anywhere.

The flight attendants attended a training session which had no wearing of masks or social distancing.

Foggy1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just read on Hawaii News Now that the 14 day quarantine has been extended through at least the end of August.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Will LAX airport be closing in California under the new coronavirus ban?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Will LAX airport be closing in California under the new coronavirus ban?
Was it closed the first time the state shut down? I don't know anything for sure, but I would think the airport would remain open, but possibly flights will be limited.

taxare

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hawaii is delaying its plan to allow out-of-state visitors to the return to the vacation hot spot by a month due to an increase in coronavirus cases in the state and on the mainland U.S.

In late June, the governor's office announced that travelers could visit Hawaii beginning Aug. 1, no quarantine required, by presenting a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of boarding. Without one, passengers arriving from the mainland would have to strictly quarantine for 14 days, a policy in place since March that has scared away most tourists and decimated Hawaii's tourism industry.

Hawaii Gov. David Ige said at a news conference late Monday that the program won't begin until Sept. 1, a decision he said was not taken lightly.