• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking to give my Villa del Palmar membership away?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa del Palmar
Hello,
I've only had the membership for a year but I haven't had the opportunity to use it at all. My whole life has changed. As a result I am interested in transferring the membership. There are monthly payments and a yearly maintenance fee. They have amazing hotels!

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
By monthly payments I presume you mean a loan or mortgage which financed the purchase. Unfortunately, if there is any money owing on the purchase you will be unable to give this away.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You don't own anything to give away. What you bought was a 'right to use'. What you owe is a separate issue .

Jim

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you just want to terminate your membership because you no longer have any need for it and you do not want to pay anything further into it, one option is to just stop all payments. You will lose the money you've sank into it so far, will probably face a barrage of collection calls and letters, and possibly suffer a hit on your credit rating. But you will be out of this membership.

The other thing that's emphasized here on TUG to people in your situation is to not go contacting any of these companies, law firms, or charities that claim they can get you out of your obligations. Some are scams. Others just charge you thousands of dollars to do something you can do yourself.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Hello,
I've only had the membership for a year but I haven't had the opportunity to use it at all. My whole life has changed. As a result I am interested in transferring the membership. There are monthly payments and a yearly maintenance fee. They have amazing hotels!

If your contract is paid and the contract is a gold or premiere winter week then you should be able to give it away. Do you know what you have ?

Bill

KarenLK

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your contract is paid and the contract is a gold or premiere winter week then you should be able to give it away. Do you know what you have ?

Bill
Late to the party...asking for a friend. If all is paid, can it be given back??

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Late to the party...asking for a friend. If all is paid, can it be given back??
They were taking the premiere and gold contracts back for a fee. There was into on how this works at myuvc.com in the faq but I think the link is changed as the programs evolve to a points system and resortcom took over payments.

A person in the USA could just stop paying the mf and the result would likely be not being able to make a resevation and maybe a letter of phone call.

Bill