• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking to get out of timeshare

ingfamla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pointe Resort
Hi all, new user here. I held a timeshare personally before and sold it about a decade ago. Now our family trust has a couple of timeshares our dad bought at Cypress Pointe Resort, formerly a Diamond Resort that is now part of Hilton Grand Vacations that we are looking to get out of. It’s not really about the time shares, it has to do with liquidating the costs of maintaining the family corporation that holds the timeshares.

So where do I start? We have already tried to use Transitions give it back to Diamond Resorts, but since the timeshares were purchased as private sales prior to Diamond buying the property, they wouldn’t take them back.

We aren’t really concerned about getting anything back on the timeshares, we just need to get them transferred out of the corporation so we can close that down and neither me or my siblings are interested in holding both properties (I may be willing to keep one.)

We are hoping that now that Diamond has been purchased by HGV, it will be more interesting to prospective timeshare owners.

We would love directions on how to move forward and are open to anyone that would be willing to take the timeshares off of our hands.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Diamond properties are still Diamond properties. They are just owned by hilton. There has been no incorporation of Diamond units into the Hilton Grand Vacation Club. At this point there has been no changes whatsoever in the rules for Diamond properties. Selling, Giving away, defaulting, and transitions are the only options out. You can continue to ask about transitions or any other exit programs that may be offered (not aware of any) but if the answer continues to be no than that leaves you with selling, giving away or defaulting as the means to get rid of it.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Divest the rest of the trust and leave the DRI in it as a little viking ship?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
You should be able to give that away. How many weeks, and are they all 3 bedrooms? You can list on TUG under Bargain Deals and ask the new buyer to pay closing costs (or you could offer to pay them). Or list on Redweek and have them sell it verified to net you $0 after costs. It's really not that hard to give away Orlando weeks in good resorts.