• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking for info on Sheraton Broadway Plantation

Dewos

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Is there a way to see if a unit / contract has paid its dues for 2020?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Is there a way to see if a unit / contract has paid its dues for 2020?

The estoppel will show this, but Vistana generally releases an estoppel only to escrow agents (note: Vistana calls its estoppel a "Resale Information Sheet").

Last edited:

Dewos

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The estoppel will show this, but it generally releases an estoppel only to escrow agents (note: Vistana calls its estoppel a "Resale Information Sheet").
So, my guess is that it hasn’t been paid? Or is it somewhere else?

Attachments

• BCC27B09-AB65-40F1-8D91-80E99F95FD69.png
    BCC27B09-AB65-40F1-8D91-80E99F95FD69.png
    203.6 KB · Views: 27

Dewos

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Also, If I am going to buy this location should we wait until til 2020 is paid since the summer weeks are pretty much gone, or should I take now.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Also, If I am going to buy this location should we wait until til 2020 is paid since the summer weeks are pretty much gone, or should I take now.

You most likely won't get a summer week. If the seller is willing to specify that your usage would begin in 2021 then they should pay the 2020 MF but would get usage for this year (note that the MF must already have been paid in order to avoid being delinquent for 2020 as they are usually due at the start of the year). If you are wanting to get 2020 usage then I think it would be fair for you to reimburse the current owner for the MF they have paid this year unless they offered it with free 2020 usage.

If you do get 2020 usage your weeks will likely be limited in terms of availability if you are only wanting summer. Your only real option would then be to put the unit into interval and then deposit it for an future exchange.

Edit to add: keep in mind that it will take a couple of months to transfer and if you are wanting peak summer season for 2021 it would be good to get everything set up so you are able to book before this summer.

Dewos

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
T
You most likely won't get a summer week. If the seller is willing to specify that your usage would begin in 2021 then they should pay the 2020 MF but would get usage for this year (note that the MF must already have been paid in order to avoid being delinquent for 2020 as they are usually due at the start of the year). If you are wanting to get 2020 usage then I think it would be fair for you to reimburse the current owner for the MF they have paid this year unless they offered it with free 2020 usage.

If you do get 2020 usage your weeks will likely be limited in terms of availability if you are only wanting summer. Your only real option would then be to put the unit into interval and then deposit it for an future exchange.

Edit to add: keep in mind that it will take a couple of months to transfer and if you are wanting peak summer season for 2021 it would be good to get everything set up so you are able to book before this summer.
Thank you

Dewos

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you guys know anything about the different buildings, are they all similar or are some better than others?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
buildings are very similar and only matter when you stay and are based on the day of the week you reserve for and they don't take requests for certain buildings. Deeded building means nothing as they assign you a unit and building based on check in day. The only requests they take from me is ground floor or non ground floor.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
If you are intent on getting a summer week, I would only buy if the owner can actually reserve the wanted week. I purchased several of my TS this way.

Dewos

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
buildings are very similar and only matter when you stay and are based on the day of the week you reserve for and they don't take requests for certain buildings. Deeded building means nothing as they assign you a unit and building based on check in day. The only requests they take from me is ground floor or non ground floor.
Do you prefer ground floor?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Do you prefer ground floor?
Not really but I travel with someone who is disabled (grandmother) and we have a fair amount of equipment in addition to the regular weeks worth of stuff and to be able to park and then wheel everything straight in the unit without dealing with the elevator made it much easier. The patios are screened in so the view of the little pond wasn't much different then if we had been on the second or third floor.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
My guess is that if you wait and are patient enough, you can probably find a resale week where the 2020 MFs are already paid and the seller is also willing to give 2020 usage for free.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
To my knowledge vistana won’t release or transfer ownership until fees are current. I may be wrong on that however. I still think you should only buy a mandatory resort