• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking for all Timeshare Properties in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

MyBag

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am newly interested in locating all Timeshare Properties in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I plan on purchasing one in July during my visit but want to obtain a list of all properties so I can do my research before going/buying.

Any idea of where to get a list of all Timeshare Properties in Ft. Lauderdale?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Easy...

I am newly interested in locating all Timeshare Properties in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I plan on purchasing one in July during my visit but want to obtain a list of all properties so I can do my research before going/buying.

Go to either MyResortNetwork.com or RedWeek.com. Each site has a "search" function and ability by specific geographic area. Drill down with a few mouse clicks, immediately isolating any and all facilities within your specified location.

For what it's worth, folks seem to very consistently speak quite favorably of Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, a VRI managed property. I have never been there myself.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
You may also want to consider resorts in the immediate vicinity of Fort Lauderdale, most notably Pompano Beach but also several other towns up and down the coast a bit. RedWeek.com has selection for "Greater Fort Lauderdale" that should capture those.

(Some people consider Pompano Beach to be on the "other side of the tracks" from Ft. Lauderdale. Depending on what your preferences are, Pompano can be a very attractive alternative.)

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, there are other timeshare resorts in Broward County.

And even the infamous Wyndham Palm Aire has a Ft Lauderdale address despite it being 6 miles from the beach due West on Atlantic Blvd from Pompano Beach and is on the other side of I-95. :ignore: Not a bad place for golf, but looking for an ocean view, it ain't.

As a regular Winter visitor to that area, I know from experience that people floating in the pools have their very strong likes/dislikes of the many towns. It is almost always a very PERSONAL decision. Like the single mid30 year old fellow from S.F., who was staying at the FLBR ---- until I took him to Wyndham Santa Barbara in Pompano Beach. He immediately fell MORE in love with that resort inside of 2 minutes.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I see your a TUG member, go into the resort database and go to the Florida
section. You'll be able to see reviews and all the information you need.

Sandi_Roger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Checkout Hollywood just south of Ft Lauderdale. If you like to walk along the beach there is a wide walkway for over two miles with restaurants, shops, band shell and more, with no car traffic next to you.

We've traveled all over Florida, but each year we have stayed in Hollywood for at least one week for over twenty years. We're in the process of closing on our third week at the Hollywood Sands Resort next to the Marriott.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Pmuppet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a 1bed/2bath at the cocunut bay resort fixed week 52. I picked it up from ebay about five years ago for $100 including closing costs and first years MF.

I ended up quick claiming it back to them for a $1 cause while it had good trading power (36 TPU on RCI and the MF were $575), the RCI exchange costs where another $225. So, i was in for $800/year for an exchange.

Basically was hit or miss in finding exchanges. I found that chunk of change was more effective as cash for rentals.

Good HOA at cocunut bay, reasonable MF increases, nice people on the phone, but i never visited, so i cant tell you how nice the units are.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I used to own in Ft. Lauderdale beach resort. It's not on the beach though, it's a block away. Consider Lauderdale by the Sea and Hollywood beach also if you want nice beachfront TS's. I own at Enchanted Isle in Hollywood beach and IMO it's one of the nicer beaches and ambiance in Broward. It's how old Florida used to be before all the condo monsters were built. It's a no frills resort but has everything you need for a great week at the beach.

rod

TUG Member
Reaction score

I see that you are new to this bulletin board, and your statement that you are planning to purchase a timeshare while you are there disturbs me. Are you thinking of puchasing a timeshare from the developer? Only developers or HOAs will be selling onsite, and buying from a developer is NOT a good idea.

One of the reasons is the accepted industry financial performance for the development of timeshare resorts, which is, as a percentage of the average selling price:

25% product costs (land acquisition and construction OR inventory acquisition)
50% sales and marketing costs (includes lead generation, tour costs, sales commissions, and sales administration)
25% profit margin (includes overhead [interest, utilities, taxes, maintenance, etc on unsold units] and operating profit)

I assume that overhead and operating profit were lumped together because if the developer has a good sales staff and the resort is sold out quickly, the overhead portion of the profit margin is low and the operating profit is high.

I suggest that you do a lot of reading on the Timeshare Users Group website between now and your trip to Florida. You need to be aware of the huge differential in price between resale units and units sold by the developer before you venture into a developer's sales department.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yessa!

I see that you are new to this bulletin board, and your statement that you are planning to purchase a timeshare while you are there disturbs me. Are you thinking of puchasing a timeshare from the developer? Only developers or HOAs will be selling onsite, and buying from a developer is NOT a good idea.

One of the reasons is the accepted industry financial performance for the development of timeshare resorts, which is, as a percentage of the average selling price:

25% product costs (land acquisition and construction OR inventory acquisition)
50% sales and marketing costs (includes lead generation, tour costs, sales commissions, and sales administration)
25% profit margin (includes overhead [interest, utilities, taxes, maintenance, etc on unsold units] and operating profit)

I assume that overhead and operating profit were lumped together because if the developer has a good sales staff and the resort is sold out quickly, the overhead portion of the profit margin is low and the operating profit is high.

I suggest that you do a lot of reading on the Timeshare Users Group website between now and your trip to Florida. You need to be aware of the huge differential in price between resale units and units sold by the developer before you venture into a developer's sales department.

Excellent points and great advice! I for one admittedly missed that the OP indicated an intent to "buy while there" in July --- a monumentally unwise course of action, since the only option to buy "while right there" would most likely be at exorbitant and ridiculous prices from hungry developer sales weasels. Good catch! :clap:

Sandi_Roger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only developers or HOAs will be selling onsite, and buying from a developer is NOT a good idea.

An onsite sales person has more listings than can be found on the internet sites, especially in prime weeks. Our resort doesn't have a developer anymore, but does have a sales rep linked to our management company VRI, who visits the resort on Thursday. He is definitely very low pressure in his sales presentation and has realistic prices. Best prices are on resort owned units, owners still determine what they are willing to accept.

There still is a timeshare resale market for south Florida beach front property. A couple that I met in late January had bought four weeks at our resort, plus I know of other units that were sold. I'm only aware of a few units that were sold on ebay over the last five years.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
True only in part...

An onsite sales person has more listings than can be found on the internet sites, especially in prime weeks. Our resort doesn't have a developer anymore, but does have a sales rep linked to our management company VRI, who visits the resort on Thursday. He is definitely very low pressure in his sales presentation and has realistic prices. Best prices are on resort owned units, owners still determine what they are willing to accept.

There still is a timeshare resale market for south Florida beach front property. A couple that I met in late January had bought four weeks at our resort, plus I know of other units that were sold. I'm only aware of a few units that were sold on ebay over the last five years.

Valid points, but I'd note as a relevant aside that good weeks in coastal Florida (where I too own numerous weeks) will only rarely be found on "eBay" anyhow. Instead, such weeks which still have reasonably solid resale market value and don't need to be "dumped" for pennies on ebay, will instead usually be found offered on numerous other "timeshare only" sites (like RedWeek, MyResortNetwork, etc. --- without anyone having to pay resale broker commissions).

All of the coastal FL resorts at which I own weeks (three of which are also VRI managed) are long sold out. Each one also has a resale broker who makes a weekly appearance on site. Sometimes the broker inventory is decent (the best is mostly from owners who don't want to bother selling on their own, the not-so-good inventory is HOA-owned weeks), but over the past two decades plus I've still found all of my own resale purchases from sources other than the on-site resale broker. While I've always routinely checked with the resort's resale broker for weeks I've sought, the fact is that I've also always found them elsewhere instead.
I suppose every individual location and situation is different... :shrug:

Last edited:

Sandi_Roger

TUG Member
Reaction score
The main point that I was trying to make is that talking to a sales person that represents an established resort is in no way like attending a 90 minute high pressure developers presentation.

We've visited a number of timeshare resorts in south Florida and have always been treated with respect by the sales reps with no pressure what so ever to buy.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yessa!

The main point that I was trying to make is that talking to a sales person that represents an established resort is in no way like attending a 90 minute high pressure developers presentation.

We've visited a number of timeshare resorts in south Florida and have always been treated with respect by the sales reps with no pressure what so ever to buy.

Agreed, 100%. I wasn't arguing with you, just further elaborating on some relevant points on topic... :)

Sandi_Roger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed, 100%. I wasn't arguing with you, just further elaborating on some relevant points on topic... :)

And I wasn't disagreeing with you. As mentioned earlier, we are in the process of closing on our third week. It's a resort owned unit, same unit number that we own. There is no way that this particular unit can be offered on Redweek or Tug. Because it is a consecutive week, it obviously has a higher value to us than a lower priced week at some other resort.

By all means, search for a bargain. I,m just advising not to rule out talking to resort sales reps.

Roger

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
but I'd note as a relevant aside that good weeks in coastal Florida (where I too own numerous weeks) will only rarely be found on "eBay"

Not so. Over the past 4 years, we have gradually become the very happy owners of 4 prime February weeks at the Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort. All are two bedroom lock-off units with ocean view, and all were "won" on Ebay for prices ranging from $1.00 to $700. plus minimal closing fees. This includes two separate Week 7 units, which generally are during President's week. The last of these gems was acquired two months ago, with maintenance fees not due until 2013.

Granted they are few and far between but an ongoing search placed at Ebay will result in email alerts when your desired weeks are listed for sale.

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score

Visit several timeshare properties during your July vacation to determine which one you like the best. But as others have said, DO NOT BUY any of them while you are in Florida.

After you return home, sign up to be notified by Email of weeks for sale by owners and other resale sources such as:
www.myresortnetwork.com
www.redweek.com
www.ebay.com

And check here in the TUG Marketplace.

You can inquire at a resort if they have a list of weeks that their owners are trying to sell. But do not buy anything until you have had a chance to comparison shop in the secondary market.

Many excellent weeks can be purchased for pennies on the dollar because the owners are getting on in years or lost their spouse and are no longer able to or interested in vacationing, or cannot afford to pay the annual maintenance fees.

Last edited: