• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking for advice on how to best trade into MVC Lakeshore Reserve 2022

kcs1965

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We are points owners at Wyndham Bonnet creek and just got back from our annual Feb. School vacation trip. While we still like the place, the kids were asking if we could try a different place next year. My wife and I both are interested in the Marriott Lakeshore Reserve location as a possibility.

having said that, I’m looking for guidance/options on how to best trade my Bonnet creek asset(182k points annually) for a week at LR next year(2/20/22 for 5 nites). While we’ve had the place for a few years, we generally just go there and a few others places as the points permit and not well versed on many of the trading options. Are we better off depositing our 2022 allotment into RCI and then booking or is there a better route to go.

thanks for any advice

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We are points owners at Wyndham Bonnet creek and just got back from our annual Feb. School vacation trip. While we still like the place, the kids were asking if we could try a different place next year. My wife and I both are interested in the Marriott Lakeshore Reserve location as a possibility.

having said that, I’m looking for guidance/options on how to best trade my Bonnet creek asset(182k points annually) for a week at LR next year(2/20/22 for 5 nites). While we’ve had the place for a few years, we generally just go there and a few others places as the points permit and not well versed on many of the trading options. Are we better off depositing our 2022 allotment into RCI and then booking or is there a better route to go.

thanks for any advice
Since you won’t have a way to directly trade into lakeshore reserve, that’ll be hard. You could try a direct exchange on TUG, but I think your chances are probably pretty low given that maintenance fees are pretty hight at lakeshore reserve.

Even if you bought a week that traded in II, February at lakeshore reserve will probably be difficult.

Maybe you could try to find a points owner or a Lakeshore Reserve owner that would be willing to rent to you?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The main problem is Wyndham Bonnet Creek trades through RCI.
Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve trades through II, and it's not that easy a trade if you are not trading another Marriott.
Therefore you do not have an "exchange company" through which to make that trade. That leaves "direct exchange" (e.g. TUG member to TUG member).
It will not be easy to find a Marriott Lakeshore Reserve owner who will trade for Bonnet Creek. Virtually impossible.

You could trade into one of the Hilton (HGVC) through RCI. I'm not sure if any of them have a lazy river, or as fancy pool area as Bonnet Creek. Also, they have a $25/day resort fee.
If you can fit into a 1br unit, you could trade via RCI into DV06, Disney's Saratoga Springs. Note that it has a $190 resort fee.

I found the below information in a "sticky" in the main topic:
Timeshare Resort Systems
FAQ - Marriott Vacation Club Weeks System

From the Weeks - Marriott Vacation Club "sticky" in the Timeshare Resort Systems area further down the forum:
Most Marriotts exchange only through II. These Marriotts exchange through both II and RCI:
  • StreamSide: Birch, Douglas (not Evergreen) [Aspen & Cedar are no longer managed by Marriott.]
  • Cypress Harbour, Orlando FL RCI code #2619
  • Desert Springs Villas I (not Desert Springs Villas II)
  • Harbour Club
  • Heritage Club
  • Monarch
  • Royal Palms (Orlando - near Marriott Orlando World Center) RCI code #1699
  • Sabal Palms (Orlando - near Marriott Orlando World Center) RCI code #1276
  • Sunset Pointe

Last edited:

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I created a PDF for the Marriotts which shows the II code, RCI code and address.

I could not find Heritage and Sunset Pointe in the RCI Directory. If anyone knows the RCI code for Heritage and Sunset Pointe (or knows whether they should be deleted), I'll update the file.

Attachments

• Marriott Resorts in RCI.pdf
    93.6 KB · Views: 10