• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking for a dvc rental site

sox21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Hello all, I am a marriott owner so I’m not we’ll versed in DVC. I’m looking for a 5 day rental in Jan 2022 and was wondering if there are any sites that people are aware of that may have inventory. I’ve tried DVCShop, DVCRentalStore, dvs-rental And Redweek.

JohnB3

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
DISBOARDS has a forum that lets you rent points from a DVC owner that works well too and might save you a couple of bucks

sox21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
DISBOARDS has a forum that lets you rent points from a DVC owner that works well too and might save you a couple of bucks
Dis boards is the one I couldn’t remember. Thx!

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Good luck, availability is pretty tight at 6 month mark because of the 50th anniversary celebration. JAN is 3 months away. Hopefully someone has a spec rental that will work for you.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JohnB3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
Frank makes a good point I see very little availability (nothing in a studio) but there is a 5 night stay at SSR in a 1 bed 1-22 thru 1-26 and a 2 bed at VGF from 1-17 thru 1-21. Otherwise 1 or 2 nights available in January

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sox21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Frank makes a good point I see very little availability (nothing in a studio) but there is a 5 night stay at SSR in a 1 bed 1-22 thru 1-26 and a 2 bed at VGF from 1-17 thru 1-21. Otherwise 1 or 2 nights available in January

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, Ive been told this by people who’ve checked the system. Very limited availability. Was worth a shot. I’ll just get a hotel in the park at this point. I appreciate all of he advise.

Inhislove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
Availability changes all the time! I found this from one of the rental sites. It's certainly not real time but you can catch some gems.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
Dis boards is the one I couldn’t remember. Thx!
Remember that you cannot post a points wanted, only respond to a points or reservation offered post.

If you are looking for Disney Marathon time, you may be out of luck.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
Many of the rental sites have confirmed reservations available which might be your best option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I have a waitlist for one night for a January 20 standard SSR studio and I have had no luck which is really strange for a resort the size of Saratoga. Usually a waitlist for one night at SSR comes in quickly for me.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Go-koala.com has quite a bit of DVC inventory, which a lot I believe is Seth Nock's rentals of his client's points. He does a lot of rentals. Seth is owner of sellingtimeshares.net, a recommended brokerage for timeshare purchase.

I did a search on January for Saratoga Springs only, and there are dozens of listings. You can check each individual Disney resort for dates. A lot are 2-3 days only. If you combine a couple of those rentals, Disney will keep you in the same unit. But I just glanced, I didn't make a big deal of it.

I have used all of my points for this year and cannot borrow any for next year.