• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2020 ] Looking at selling 107,000 points at Gatlinburg HICV

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
This is a Diamond week 1 BR at Gatlinburg that converts to 107,000 points to be used at all HICV locations, RCI or converted to IHG points. I have owned this and two others since 2012 and they have served me well. The MF are $843. I have moved out west and there aren't a lot of options, so I am selling this and buying a Worldmark on resale. What is a good/fair price for 107,000 deeded property as these are getting harder and harder to find and all new HICV contracts are not transferable?

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
This is a Diamond week 1 BR at Gatlinburg that converts to 107,000 points to be used at all HICV locations, RCI or converted to IHG points. I have owned this and two others since 2012 and they have served me well. The MF are $843. I have moved out west and there aren't a lot of options, so I am selling this and buying a Worldmark on resale. What is a good/fair price for 107,000 deeded property as these are getting harder and harder to find and all new HICV contracts are not transferable?

It is hard to determine current fair price. My suggestion would be to list it on eBay for 30 days with an opening bid in the $750 to $1000 range and hopefully it goes up to $1500 to $2000 range. The 30 days will give you plenty of time/exposure for get multiple bidders involved.

You points per maintenance fees is around $7.87, this is higher than lake Geneva, which is UDI at around $6.50 per 1k. I have seen 75k HICV contracts sell for $700 to $900 on eBay. 150k HICV contracts sell for $2000 to $2500. 176k contracts sell for contracts over 5k.

Gatlinburg is one of the top resorts in the system, and your unit would provide “resort access”, gives the new owner booking window in Gatlinburg from 10-13 month out, which might be a plus to some.

Another alternative is to ask in the HICV fb group and you will get many offers by personal message, this will also give you an idea of what they are willing to pay and help you get an idea of the going rate. I would then list it on eBay to get the most out of it.

Good luck!

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
tony_i 's analysis is spot on.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara

I just saw your listing on eBay. Excellent description! Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
Just be careful with the free RCI claim. Its included in your cost of club membership. They might think they get a rci weeks account included

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just be careful with the free RCI claim. Its included in your cost of club membership. They might think they get a rci weeks account included

Thanks. I will edit it.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just saw your listing on eBay. Excellent description! Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've had this since 2012. I really do like the system and flexibility and hate to let it go. Its just that since moving out West they have few options. This club is perfect for people in the Central and Eastern US. I'm still keeping 150,000 points at South Beach which I will use in the few resorts out here (NV & AZ).

amberlyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had this since 2012. I really do like the system and flexibility and hate to let it go. Its just that since moving out West they have few options. This club is perfect for people in the Central and Eastern US. I'm still keeping 150,000 points at South Beach which I will use in the few resorts out here (NV & AZ).
Is this still for sale?

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MoneyBear

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
Yes. If you are interested, I will cut it by 200.00
Mongoose if you don't mind, I may borrow some of the verbiage from your sale. I'm also trying to sell some points (75k at Gatlinburg and 15k at Lake Geneva). I'm listing in the Facebook group (did it in the past but apparently I had way too high a price tag on it and I may go to eBay if that doesn't work. Glad you posted this because I had the same question.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mongoose if you don't mind, I may borrow some of the verbiage from your sale. I'm also trying to sell some points (75k at Gatlinburg and 15k at Lake Geneva). I'm listing in the Facebook group (did it in the past but apparently I had way too high a price tag on it and I may go to eBay if that doesn't work. Glad you posted this because I had the same question.
It sold $1195 plus fees to a great buyer. He is planning to use it for family gatherings.

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
What does 75k pts get you in Gatlinburg? I dont know HICV. Would it get you a 2 bedroom in May?

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
What does 75k pts get you in Gatlinburg? I dont know HICV. Would it get you a 2 bedroom in May?

That 75k contract equal a 1 bedroom in gold season (14-21, 32-36, 43-47), wich covers some of may. A 2 bedroom in gold season is 108k points.

There is platinum (37-42) and diamond (22-31, 51-52) season that cost more hicv points.

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much! We have been to Gatlinburg twice and love the mountains. We need a two bedroom and having these numbers helps. I'm not even sure I would buy without staying there first.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Thanks so much! We have been to Gatlinburg twice and love the mountains. We need a two bedroom and having these numbers helps. I'm not even sure I would buy without staying there first.

No problem!

I stayed at this resort for the first time in late August 2020. Location is great, and you are very close to the main street. Plenty of parking spaces for vehicles too. If I remember correctly, there is a trail to the Smokeys within 15 minutes walking. The resort offered some hicking instructions, and have a desk specific to outdoor activities, but it was closed due to covid. Our room was a 2 bedroom at had a king on master, 2 queen beds in 2nd room, and sleeper sofa for a total of 8 persons, wich I was not aware and a nice surprise.

Pool looked small for the size of the resort, we did not use any of the facilities. Great views of the Smokys from most rooms.

Check back with me if you ever want to rent there. A Sunday through Friday booking is the best deal, specially gold season, less than $110 per night for the 2 bedroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed ar Gatlinburg Town Square twice trading the studio portion of our Marriott for a two bedroom so we are familiar with the location. Gatlinburg Town Square is right next to this. GTS certainly isn't Marriott but it met our needs and trades in Ii. We mostly went out, but if we go year after year we might want to use the facilities more.

I also need to research long-term viability, points versus weeks. We have a week now and it works well. I cant get HICV Gatlinburg through II, but if we go every year or every other year I wouldn't have to have an RCI membership in addition to our Ii membership.

Renting Sunday through Friday would work just fine for us, especially to scope it out. We have no timeline. I'll let you know.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
5 months and counting. The deed has been processed, just waiting on HICV to finalize the paper work. I guess the 6 month estimate I have seen is right on.

jupe

TUG Member
Reaction score
mongoose, tony_i, etc I'm trying to sell my HICV with no fixed week just floating 100k points annually on Ebay. Any pointers on the listing verbiage or process if I get an auction winner? Thanks for any help!!!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
mongoose, tony_i, etc I'm trying to sell my HICV with no fixed week just floating 100k points annually on Ebay. Any pointers on the listing verbiage or process if I get an auction winner? Thanks for any help!!!
trust points or lake geneva? Everything else would have a deeded week or wouldn't be in points unless udi in scottsdale.

jupe

TUG Member
Reaction score
i guess it's trust points because there is no deeded week. I guess technically my home resort is hill country

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
So far with the restrictions upon trust resales, I haven't seen any real resale value for trust points be they 50,000 or 200,000. Check eBay resales but I think the going rate including transfer costs would be $500-1000 if it is paid off and has no loan. I don't think verbiage is going to help a whole lot.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
i guess it's trust points because there is no deeded week. I guess technically my home resort is hill country

Just make sure you know for sure what are you listing. Did you purchased it in the last two years? Trust points are kind of new. Hill Country used to be silver leaf deeded units. Do you remember converting to the club? You may have a deeded unit, if so, you may be better off offering it back to HICV on their horizon program. It if is a prime week, it may have some value, but very little. These have relatively high maintenance fees, based on previous listings I have seen, and are hard to sell.

If you did purchased in the last couple of years then it might be trust points, those do have better value.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
Just make sure you know for sure what are you listing. Did you purchased it in the last two years? Trust points are kind of new. Hill Country used to be silver leaf deeded units. Do you remember converting to the club? You may have a deeded unit, if so, you may be better off offering it back to HICV on their horizon program. It if is a prime week, it may have some value, but very little. These have relatively high maintenance fees, based on previous listings I have seen, and are hard to sell.

If you did purchased in the last couple of years then it might be trust points, those do have better value.

I think deeded points have more value the trust points. At least the deeded points revert to the fixed week. Trust points get burdened with all those new limitations