• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Longboat Key, FL - area/resort information

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All: I was finally able to convince my parents to take advantage of my AC usage and booked them a LM unit at Longboat Bay Club. Looks like a small, but well equipped resort. Any insight on the resort or the area I can share with them?

Sullco2

Reaction score
Hello All: I was finally able to convince my parents to take advantage of my AC usage and booked them a LM unit at Longboat Bay Club. Looks like a small, but well equipped resort. Any insight on the resort or the area I can share with them?
You’ll be on the lower portion of Longboat Key (LBK). Close to St. Armand’s Circle, the restaurant and shopping area of Sarasota’s barrier islands. Tell me what they like to do and I’ll get specific.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Ringling Museum is great! And so are the beaches.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
And LeBarge does nice boat trips out of Sarasota bay

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone My parents are in their early 70s.....I still consider dad active and an explorer. Mom, not as much and would prefer the week to be restful (she still works). Together they would both agree to simple outdoor walks, fishing from the shore, farmers markets, etc . I wouldn't expect day trips anywhere of distance if they need to drive themselves....but would consider doing a tour if they could be picked up close to their home base. Their ideal is to be able to walk from room to restaurants, shopping and things to do.....but it doesn't appear this resort has a great location for that.

It appears in the general area Sarasota is where all is happening. That appears to be about a 15 minute drive and that would be fine.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone My parents are in their early 70s.....I still consider dad active and an explorer. Mom, not as much and would prefer the week to be restful (she still works). Together they would both agree to simple outdoor walks, fishing from the shore, farmers markets, etc . I wouldn't expect day trips anywhere of distance if they need to drive themselves....but would consider doing a tour if they could be picked up close to their home base. Their ideal is to be able to walk from room to restaurants, shopping and things to do.....but it doesn't appear this resort has a great location for that.

It appears in the general area Sarasota is where all is happening. That appears to be about a 15 minute drive and that would be fine.
No you cannot walk to anything from there. Anna Maria island resorts might be better,as they have a trolley. Also siesta key, Calini has a few places close by and there is a free trolley that runs frequently. If at longboat key, the trips mentioned are not far, I am in my mid seventies, do not like driving,and went to all of them. Vanderbilt beach in Naples has lots of things a close drive away.

Sullco2

Reaction score
St. Armand’s Circle may please Mom with its variety of shops and restaurants. If Dad wants a soft adventure head for Myakka State Park a little south of Sarasota. A fun boat ride to visit alligators and bird life will reward them for the pretty easy drive. Warning: the limited access to the Key via the Causeway from Sarasota means traffic jams mornings from the mainland and evenings back from the beaches to the city. Plan for that.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
We very much enjoyed the Ringling Museum. It was free one night a week, so we timed our visit for that day. Many happy memories from the 1982 World's Fair. The miniature circus on display back then was donated to the Ringling Museum and has continued to grow. It was amazing!

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks - I will pass along the Ringling Museum info too!

Sullco2

Reaction score
My last tip is to head north and cross the bridge in Bradenton Beach back to the fishing village of Cortez. Avoid the mid- to late-afternoon traffic jam of folks leaving (mostly) Coquina State Park, but go for dinner at Tide Tables or any of the other authentic fish shack restaurants clustered around the bridge. If crossing the bridge is daunting try Anna Maria Oyster House on the bay pier in Bradenton Beach. Old Florida reigns in this honky tonk beach town.

madduag

Reaction score
Good morning, we own at LBB and it is a really nice quiet resort. Huge units, well appointed. The walk to the beach is directly across the street. They offer beach chairs, umbrellas and we just leave them there for the day going back for lunch etc. The bikes on site are fun to explore the area.
It looks like everyone covered things to do in the area. We really do love the area. One note, they have sleep number beds and the remote is on the wall by the bed so let them know that.