• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Longboat Bay Club Beach Access?

OHTodd

Reaction score
We are considering this resort and was wondering about the beach access. Can you just walk across the street or do you recommend driving? How does this resort compare to others in the area? We have always wanted to trade into Little Gull but are having no luck.

Thanks!

Todd

SherryS

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The beach access for Longboat Bay Club is right across Gulf Dr. from the resort. The beach there is OK, it is renourished sand, and not very wide. The awesome near-by beach is a drive to the north end of Longboat at a public area called Beer Can Beach. No facilities, but wonderful area for walking and shelling. Also drive to the south and try Siesta Public Beach for the best, wide, fine white sand beach for walking, swimming, and shelling.

maddaug

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at Longboat and yes, you can just walk across the street and you're there. The resort has umbrella's and beach chairs for your use. Can't compare to other resorts in the area, but Longboat is a really nice resort. The condo's are in great shape and maintained. Everything inside is updated. Not much more I can say. They have bicycles for your use. The bike path is all up and down Longboat and we had a blast checking out the neighborhoods in the area. The area up north is definately worth checking out. We loved the fact none of the beaches were packed with people and the area was easy to drive around.
The day we went to Siesta Key (my wish for many years) was the sticken with Red Tide. Nasty, nasty. We couldn't even stay there. I was bummed, so I never got to enjoy the sand and area. Next time we will try again.

SherryS

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thankfully, the red tide has gone away since last fall. Hope it stays away!!

Gracey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Longboat Bay Club, Disney s Old Key West, Wyndham
We were just there this past November, you just walk across the street and your there! We loved the beach and it had great shelling! Resort is beautiful, you will be happy with it.

Laurie

maddaug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Laurie, I would love to see some pics of the new beach. When we were there they were full speed at work. How wide was it?? And the sand???

Sherry, I do hope the Red Tide is gone for all the Gulf this year. It was quite discouraging for us.