• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Long Transfer Time

t3jjj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a resale Wyndham contract in February of 2020 right before COVID hit. The transfer company did nothing up until September of 2020 to facilitate the transfer. They submitted it to Wyndham who they told me refused the transfer. They indicated they were going to submit it again and still the answer I get is that it is in process.

Is there anything I can do as I am not really interested in having this timeshare anymore? It has been over a year and I still get the answer that it is in process.

I would just like to tell them to forget it, but not sure if I can do that. Any advice?

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
If there is a recorded deed in your name then it's your property.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggest you (1) Log on to, or call if necessary ,the Registry of deeds for the location of the timeshare and see if you are indeed the current owner, and if so

(2) call Wyndham and ask if they accepted it for processing, or rejected it again and reason for, and the date thereof.

At least then you will have some knowledge of what is or is not happening.

troy12n

Reaction score
Could a situation arise where someone could be the recorded owner of the deed and Wyndham deny the transfer?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Why did they refuse the transfer? One of my resale deeds had a few typos and Wyndham rejected it and it took like three corrections and resubmissions before they accepted it, but it ended up being fine.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
If there is a recorded deed in your name then it's your property.
Its legally but financially it is not OP's responsibility until Wyndham transfers it in their system internally. I would think the seller would be pushing for closure since they are still burdened and paying the maintenance fees.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could a situation arise where someone could be the recorded owner of the deed and Wyndham deny the transfer?
Yes it happened to me as a buyer. Wyndham rejected the recorded deed that was filed. The dates were off where the the Notary signed and when the seller had signed. The deed had to be rerecorded with the corrections that were needed before Wyndham would accept the transfer internally.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Based on what I know happened to other people I'd bet that the maintenance fees are in arrears and Wyndham won't do the transfer on their end until they're caught up. The transfer company may or may not be aware that's what the problem is. Sometimes the previous owner quits paying the maintenance fees once they receive notification from the transfer company that the deed was transferred; not understanding that they needed to keep paying until Wyndham transferred it on their end.

The deed may very well be in your name. The transfer company should have sent you an email that the transfer of the deed was completed, very likely months ago. If you didn't get one or don't remember, call and ask them. You can also search the county records but a phone call to the transfer company would be my first step because it's likely easier for you than learning how to search the county records.

t3jjj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to check and the deed has been recorded, but Wyndham is still refusing the transfer. Transfer company said they are going to submit for the 3rd time. Anybody know anyway to stop this. I really don't want it anymore and it seems to me that this should be taken over by the transfer company if they did not have their ducks in a row for the transfer.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I was able to check and the deed has been recorded, but Wyndham is still refusing the transfer. Transfer company said they are going to submit for the 3rd time. Anybody know anyway to stop this. I really don't want it anymore and it seems to me that this should be taken over by the transfer company if they did not have their ducks in a row for the transfer.

Has Wyndham told you what is wrong with the deed?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can ask them to cancel sale but you committed to purchase. If they say no on taking back You can always try and give it back with Ovations if it ever transfers.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

I can about guarantee Wyndham is refusing to transfer it because the maintenance fees are in arrears. Since you know the deed is in your name I would call the Wyndham title department and ask if the maintenance fees being behind is what's blocking the transfer. Find out how much then get in touch with your transfer company and whoever you bought from. Give them two options. Pay to bring the maintenance fees up to date so Wyndham will transfer it or transfer the deed back out of your name. Good luck.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I can about guarantee Wyndham is refusing to transfer it because the maintenance fees are in arrears. Resubmitting it is a total waste of time. Since you know the deed is in your name call the Wyndham title department and ask if the maintenance fees being behind is what's blocking the transfer. Find out how much is owed then get in touch with your transfer company and whoever you bought from. Give them two options. Pay to bring the maintenance fees up to date so Wyndham will transfer it or transfer the deed back out of your name. Good luck.