• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Long term covid not that uncommon with mild cases - WSJ

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Washington Post article on children with mild cases of covid but long term symptoms.

Given that it is an article about covid, I don't think that it is behind a firewall, but if so, here is the key set of stats.

For 12- to 16-year-olds, 15 percent had at least one lingering symptom.
In adults, it ranged from 18 percent in people 70 and older to nearly 27 percent in people 35 to 49.

geekette

Reaction score
Nope. All for-profit media is the same as is every career politician and program administrator (Fauci). Your wrong, again.
Wow. What a massively large brush you paint with. Identical motivations across the board? okie dokie. Indeed, you certainly do believe what you want to believe and throw in Fauci and call him program administrator. just ... wow.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you Google today you will find a number of news reports on a study by Northwestern University on the long term effects of covid. (I am on the road and can't presently copy a web address from my phone. Perhaps someone will help me out.)

About 100 patients were in the study. The typical patient was female, about 45 years old. Initially, they only had mild symptoms. In fact, about half the people in the study
had symptoms but initiallyy tested negative for covid ( from the NYT article.) Currently about 85 percent of the people in the study had four or more neurological symptoms.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you Google today you will find a number of news reports on a study by Northwestern University on the long term effects of covid. (I am on the road and can't presently copy a web address from my phone. Perhaps someone will help me out.)

About 100 patients were in the study. The typical patient was female, about 45 years old. Initially, they only had mild symptoms. In fact, about half the people in the study
had symptoms but initiallyy tested negative for covid ( from the NYT article.) Currently about 85 percent of the people in the study had four or more neurological symptoms.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Lancet Psychiatry reports that one in three covid survivors has long term psychiatric problems.

While much rarer, some of the people surveyed experienced serious neurological conditions.

...the incidence of neurological conditions appeared lower, with 0.6 per cent having a brain haemorrhage, 2.1 per cent ischaemic stroke and 0.7 per cent dementia. (Yikes!)

(I keep posting in this thread, but I think it is important to counter the claim that you only have a percent chance of dying from covid if you contract it, mostly if you are elderly, so it is not a big problem to worry about. Dying is NOT the only bad outcome from Covid. Even with regard to dying and the elderly, I found an early post in connection with Sweden that it is just a bunch of old people dying and they were going to die anyway, particularly offensive.)

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score

exco

Reaction score
Experts alarmed by number of COVID survivors with brain disorders
"One in three COVID-19 survivors suffer from a neurological or mental disorder within six months of infection, according to a University of Oxford-led study looking mostly at American patients."

COVID-19 and mental health concerns, anxiety and mood disorders common after infection

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another article warning about long term covid.

Those who keep saying the chances of dying are minimal should not be ignoring the long term (life time?) effects of having covid. This is not a danger for the old, almost ready to die people (although I myself find those references offensive).

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
While we are adding possible risks to having covid.

Al-Aly and colleagues were the first to measure the effect in the U.S. based on evidence from the national health-care databases of the Department of Veterans Affairs. They found that Covid survivors were about 39% more likely to have a new diabetes diagnosis in the six months after infection than non-infected users of the VA health system. The risk works out to about 6.5 additional diabetes cases for every 1,000 Covid patients who don’t end up in the hospital. For those who do, the probability jumps to 37 per 1,000 -- and it’s even higher for patients who required intensive care.

exco

Reaction score
Another article warning about long term covid.

Those who keep saying the chances of dying are minimal should not be ignoring the long term (life time?) effects of having covid. This is not a danger for the old, almost ready to die people (although I myself find those references offensive).

I have been hoping these long term COVID articles could make people to be more cautious. The pandemic is like a wildfire. Once it is going, it is hard to put down.
No one has problems or complaints about how to prevent a wildfire. Why some people could not wear a mask indoors or stay 6 ft. away (e.g. social distancing), and prevent the spread of the coronavirus?

For people living with severe chronic disease/pain, or serious brain/mental disorder, it's not a quality of life to live. Also, about any other diseases, death is a number that is easier to be captured, and does not accurately represent sufferings.

So should governments/foundations only base on the death number to prioritize the funding and decide what to do?

Last edited:

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
SIL (50 y/o fit, healthy women) had very little symptoms during the initial onset of COVID now month later she has several issues related to Epstein Barr which was reactivated thanks to the virus. It’s so bad she has had to take a leave of absence from her job. :(