• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Long lines, lots of kids, and plenty to touch: How does Disney reopen its parks?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
about to bag it myself! I have a DVC reservation, tickets, and park reservations for mid-Aug., but I'm planning on canceling in 2 weeks. I'll likely lose my 150 DVC points that expire end of Nov., as I have college kids on who get no breaks in the Fall. I can put points into RCI, yippee. Or maybe I'll try renting for my annual fee costs. I'm really hoping that WDW pushes back opening for the safety of Orlando. With NY NJ CT having a quarantine and the southern states having Covid spikes, it's a hot mess for July/Aug-literally.

Last edited:

blondietink

Reaction score
Seems to me like Disney is giving DVC members the short shift. We do not have any reservations currently, but as DVC, we usually don't get our tickets until close to 60 days out so we can make FP reservations. Plus, they are letting non-DVC people rent at the resorts, which will cut into DVC inventory. I can't believe that Disney holds much inventory for cash sales at DVC resorts. I just wonder what will be available for DVC at 11 months/7 months out with all of the cash reservations they are allowing. Plus, they aren't allowing any new ticket sales, so if you have a reservation for DVC or hotel and don't have tickets, you are out of luck. For the current problem, a lot of people are reporting that for reservations in July, people are automatically getting upgraded into DVC resorts from value and moderates due to DVC being the only thing open. I don't know, I just don't like what is going on with DVC.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Seems to me like Disney is giving DVC members the short shift. We do not have any reservations currently, but as DVC, we usually don't get our tickets until close to 60 days out so we can make FP reservations. Plus, they are letting non-DVC people rent at the resorts, which will cut into DVC inventory. I can't believe that Disney holds much inventory for cash sales at DVC resorts. I just wonder what will be available for DVC at 11 months/7 months out with all of the cash reservations they are allowing. Plus, they aren't allowing any new ticket sales, so if you have a reservation for DVC or hotel and don't have tickets, you are out of luck. For the current problem, a lot of people are reporting that for reservations in July, people are automatically getting upgraded into DVC resorts from value and moderates due to DVC being the only thing open. I don't know, I just don't like what is going on with DVC.
Considering how wide open the DVC resorts are for the next 60 days, I think Disney has a surfeit of breakage inventory to book cash guests. For the later dates, Disney has access not only to their own points (the 2% they’re required by law to own, plus points returned via foreclosure and exercise of ROFR) but to the unusually large number of points deposited to RCI by members in recent months. And as the values and moderates reopen over the next few months on the schedule Disney published, cash guests with reservations during that time period are being moved to similar-level resorts - All Stars to Pop, Coronado Springs to Port Orleans, etc. - not to DVC.

I have seen reports of owners having difficulty booking, but given the number of owners who report canceling 2020 reservations to rebook in 2021, I’m not surprised about that either. I think that with the number of points returned to the system for owners who lost reservations during the closure and the number of owners who don’t want to return to WDW until 2021 or later, it will be important to book at the opening of the 11 month window for a couple of years.

We’re in the same boat as far as tickets and park passes for our big family trip in December. DD and DSiL have hoppers purchased early; DH and I have Gold passes that are blocked out for our dates and need to be upgraded; and DS and DDiL don’t have any tickets yet. So no park passes for us until they let us buy tickets, and I’m disappointed that it seems they’ll let people without resort reservations but with tickets make park pass reservations before us.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
but to the unusually large number of points deposited to RCI by members in recent months.
Doesn't DVC have to offer up inventory to RCI for those deposited points. RCI can't just give their members something from inventory without something in return going back in.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Doesn't DVC have to offer up inventory to RCI for those deposited points. RCI can't just give their members something from inventory without something in return going back in.
Yes, that’s right, but I have no idea what restrictions Disney has on giving villas to RCI. Once deposited to RCI, DVC points are good for two years, so maybe Disney has two years to give RCI a villa for those points? Based on the DVC exchanges I’ve seen offered via RCI, it seems Disney has a certain amount of flexibility in what it deposits to RCI and when. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a way for Disney to stretch out availability - leaving more for DVC owners in the coming months/years.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
College is starting back earlier. Will rent at cost or deposit with RCI. So no big WDW hurrah in Aug. for us!

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
This is island of adventure a couple minutes ago. Everyone wearing facemasks unless eating or drinking. Universal employees enforcing social distancing and wearing of face masks.
8262635e2a779c96fdd73d8defd09feb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Wow.

Never thought I'd see these streets so open while the park was open.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Leaving Universal studios to go back to Hard Rock. It is hot and HUMID today...back to the pool!
a0f2ae2e3aa81d2cb7171af9c685ca4b.jpg

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just went to Dollywood yesterday, wearing masks, social distancing, etc.

It. Was. Miserable.

I made a reservation for the day. Temp check, masks worn correctly, and mandatory hand sanitizer. Rows on the tram were blocked off. Tables in restaurants are blocked off for social distancing. They only loaded rides skipping every other row. When the passengers decorated, they sanitized the ride and sent it out empty to dry. I think in five hours the kids went on five rides. All shows are cancelled hence virtually impossible to find an air conditioned respite. There were people whose job it was to tell people to wear their masks correctly. Somewhere between 50-75% looked to be in compliance.

It was SO DIFFICULT.

I am going to retroactively cancel my annual passes. Tennessee was ridiculous. I can't even fathom how this will play out in Florida.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well - now with the EO still in place until September 5, my son is not waiting anymore and just asked me to cancel his reservation. We were both going end of October. We each have our own studios booked. If it gets extended again y son and dil can't quarantine two weeks when they come back. One less thing to stress over.

Not sure if I should rent it, cancel it or deposit into RCI. I need to call MS - not looking forward to being on hold for hours. I would hate to call now and then cancel myself in a week or so only to be on hold again. This has become work. Decisions, decisions.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
We just went to Dollywood yesterday, wearing masks, social distancing, etc.

It. Was. Miserable.

I made a reservation for the day. Temp check, masks worn correctly, and mandatory hand sanitizer. Rows on the tram were blocked off. Tables in restaurants are blocked off for social distancing. They only loaded rides skipping every other row. When the passengers decorated, they sanitized the ride and sent it out empty to dry. I think in five hours the kids went on five rides. All shows are cancelled hence virtually impossible to find an air conditioned respite. There were people whose job it was to tell people to wear their masks correctly. Somewhere between 50-75% looked to be in compliance.

It was SO DIFFICULT.

I am going to retroactively cancel my annual passes. Tennessee was ridiculous. I can't even fathom how this will play out in Florida.

We've been Dollywood season pass holders for decades, but we never visit the park in the heat of the summer. Even without masks and other COVID alterations, it's too darn hot for me. I was fortunate that I hadn't purchased our passes for this year. If things are back to normal, we'll go back for Christmas. My extended family already had passes, but I think they plan to cancel them for this year and try again next year.

Sheila

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
From Fujiyama to Tokyo DisneySea’s Tower of Terror, Japan’s campaign against the coronavirus is targeting thrill-seekers who might expel a burst of virus-carrying droplets with a mid-ride utterance. Enjoy the ride, say theme-park operators—just don’t let your voice show it.

“Please scream inside your heart.”

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
From Fujiyama to Tokyo DisneySea’s Tower of Terror, Japan’s campaign against the coronavirus is targeting thrill-seekers who might expel a burst of virus-carrying droplets with a mid-ride utterance. Enjoy the ride, say theme-park operators—just don’t let your voice show it.

“Please scream inside your heart.”

That's hilarious. The last time I rode The Hulk roller coaster at Universal I screamed like my 17 YO daughter at a Harry Styles concert. :)

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
That's hilarious. The last time I rode The Hulk roller coaster at Universal I screamed like my 17 YO daughter at a Harry Styles concert. :)
The first time you get to ride that coaster is a complete trip - you don't really know what is coming until you experience it. You can see it happening to people in line in front of you, but the first time you feel that takeoff is memorable (to say the least).

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Frank808, it must be hot and humid in Florida. I have never seen the amusement park not crowded. Thanks for the photos.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Frank808, it must be hot and humid in Florida. I have never seen the amusement park not crowded. Thanks for the photos.

some days better than others. But mostly EMPTY!! I don’t want to leave.
AB84FA05-D584-4749-A6A6-EF60A3373815.jpeg
02B4772D-429B-471F-8F24-7CECD5892BAD.jpeg
C03F8A0B-3168-40C7-BD13-31B548654BA6.jpeg
CB6E34E1-810A-4DD1-BF89-5311303745F8.jpeg

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Definitely hot and humid but leaving by 1pm sure helped. After 2 weeks at Lakeshore we moved to Hard Rock for 3 nights. It was good to get in early and ride Hagrids a few times. Hit Hulk, Kong, Doom, Spider man and some water rides
on the way out before noon.

Didnt even need express pass those 4 days we where on site. Slowest I have ever been to Universal or Islands of Adventure in 20 years.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
We’ll be careful screaming on Hulk now with a mask! I love Hulk but only did it once when we were there in June- only ride I felt the mask could be dangerous as it REALLY is pushed against your face. I’m not claustrophobic in any way but I almost passed out from feeling like I couldn’t breathe.
And Japan- can’t have normal social interaction, park looks like an OR due to masks, can’t get near anyone else and now can’t even express enjoyment verbally :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sounds oh so fun to be at Disney! Why bother opening?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
friends went to AK and said rides even FOP were minimal wait.