• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Long lines, lots of kids, and plenty to touch: How does Disney reopen its parks?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
There are so many moving parts (literally) at WDW, wouldn't they need to start the rides almost weeks before they anticipate crowds big enough to be profitable? They can't just throw a switch and go. The maintenance people may be overwhelmed.
Several weeks ago there was a Twitter post by a WDW CM - he was wearing his name tag, so the tweet was blessed by Disney - saying he was on his way in to run some attractions and explaining that the rides can't remain idle for prolonged periods. So I'm certain they've kept things up and running and have been performing routine maintenance. Not all staff were furloughed. What WDW will need time to do is recall the CM who were furloughed and train them on new operating and distancing procedures. When CM schedules are posted, social media will pick it up.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How many here remember that place?...We really miss it.
I miss Discover Island (nee Treasure Island) too. But I really miss Pleasure Island...The Adventurers Club was *amazing*. But Disney decided what we needed most in our lives was yet another shopping mall.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
The reopening of Shanghai Disneyland could provide useful insights for companies looking to restart their operations after lockdowns.

Is Disney's theme park reopening a roadmap for businesses? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52555331

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Disney Springs will have a limited opening on May 20th. Still in phase one mode.

sscheibel225

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
IMHO- once a semi working vaccine hits , the term Social Distance” will be replaced with “Responsible Interaction” that will be the New Normal.
With Asia reopening parks we will get a sense of direction based on their outcomes. The are germaphobes by experience. They will show us the way.
Please harness your displeasure on people not following the mandate of masks and distance. Are they not helping the cause? Yes. But even in disgust we are displaying our personal entitlement, versus avoidance. We will get there. Some people still won’t get it.
I hate the fact I can’t hug my Pop. But I will be able to again.
I know this isn’t exactly on topic.
We had canceled our planned trip to Busch Gardens Va over Easter break.
My 8yo is slowly going bonkers. We don’t take her anywhere anymore except outside to play w/o friends, riding her bike/scooter or walking. She hasn’t been to the grocery store, any store, playground or her cousins. My living room has turn into gymnastics central.
I feel helpless but forge ahead.
Again this all hinges on the vaccine, and the new normal arrival of “Responsible Interaction”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bday1126

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live in Fla. 90 minutes from Disney and heard on the radio that Disney Springs will reopen May 20. No opening dates for parks or hotels.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
“Responsible Interaction”
I love this!! It's a more positive phrase moving forward.
I don't think we need a vaccine to keep moving forward-just reliable treatments that are widely available and effective. I would hope that a vaccine becomes available though.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
So in the past 2 weeks I've gotten a couple surveys from Universal and Disney asking for responses on various scenarios in opening the parks-including reduced capacity, advance ticket entry, masks etc. And today got an update from Disney from their medical officer-basically just saying they will continue to evaluate and follow government and CDC advise. Will be interesting for sure watching how Shanghai does.
I got a second request from Disneyland Paris on how I want to go forward with my cancelled stay-staying closed til at least til middle of July. They are offering a voucher that will let me rebook at same rate and incentives as I had-which I am happy with as we will go next year, and I got a good deal.

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of good posts.

I don't think any company is going to be able to immediately jump back to how they operated pre-COVID. I don't see how it can't be a phased-in approach to get back towards that: capacity limits; social distancing; at least try for masks (agree hot/humid weather could be challenging); temp checks, etc.

If Disney starts at say 30% capacity, then they don't need everything open inside. Anything that's a buffet, perhaps bars, or less popular dining places or activities, might not open. Parades will probably stop so people don't gather. Especially if they have to try to clean everything, there could be some attractions which require more effort, and maybe aren't the best candidates initially.

Then you see how the balance is between: health, consumer interest, and dollars work out.

If I'm Disney or Universal or whomever, I'd want to show that people (even if it's just a few) are back in my parks, and generally enjoying themselves. It's seeing those people that will help convince more skeptical people that, "Yeah, maybe it is safe enough to travel..."

I think a lot of people want to go out. They just don't want to be the first ones who try.

Jeff

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Whatever they do if there are a lot of restrictions it zaps the joy out of everything and it’s not worth going.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this was already posted, but here's the opening procedures for Shanghai Disney.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this was already posted, but here's the opening procedures for Shanghai Disney.
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
There's no way I would pay Disney prices for such an experience. But that's just me. Disney has a loyal following, and they'll be turning them away at the gate when they reopen.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

This is sick. It is like being in The Truman Show.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's no way I would pay Disney prices for such an experience. But that's just me. Disney has a loyal following, and they'll be turning them away at the gate when they reopen.
Yep, the reservations for the first day were full within hours. California will likely fill up within a few hours of reservations opening, too.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)

Sad part is that other than additional spacing and the health QR code the check-in procedures look to be largely unchanged.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Whatever they do if there are a lot of restrictions it zaps the joy out of everything and it’s not worth going.
Yes, definitely does take the fun out of the entire vacation. Limited rides opening means less to do in a day, less value for the money they charge, and the prices won't go down.

IuLiKa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an annual Disneyland pass. I called this weekend to extend and I was told that the hotels are taking reservations for july 1st. I just checked and you can reserve a room after the 1st. It wont surprise me if guests staying in the hotel have priority to certain features in the park. I remember when Galaxy Edge just open if you stayed at the hotel you automatically get in.
People will need to get their “disney fix” especially after months in quarantine..
It all depended where the #of cases stand...

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
People will need to get their “disney fix” especially after months in quarantine..
It all depended where the #of cases stand...
You're spot on. If the cases increased by a factor or 10, and Disney decided to open with absolutely no changes, they'd sell out in an hour. Nothing is going to stop people from getting their "Disney fix". I don't get it, but more power to them.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
Kind of lost track of this thread, but seems I was mostly right. Reopening has begun for the DVC resorts, plans are in place for gradual park reopenings. Already have made park reservations for August, October and December. New ticket pricing is to be released in the next few days. A price increase would be a bad idea, but seems new management is filled with people that have never planned a Disney vacation. Or have relied on their parents to do it for them and are clueless!!!! Have accepted the fact that my beloved Food and Wine Festival will be a fraction of what it was. I’m just glad people will be back to work and things can start returning to normalcy...albeit a bit different for now.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
May not be long lines. Universal is perfect
I have to agree. Have been going to Universal since since last week monday. We go at rope drop and stay till noon. Then it gets a little to warm with wearing a mask.

CPNY will you be at Universal this week? We will be there Friday-Sunday. We could meet up if you would like.

Have a great time and stay safe.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Speaking of The Truman Show, that was one of those movies I expected nothing from but was pleasantly surprised. May have to watch it again....

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It seems that for us AP holders, Disney may be giving us the option to cancel our AP and all future payments. If they do that, it will be the option that we take. We previously had two options, extend the expiration and pay all remaining payments or keep the same expiration and pay just the remaining payments through expiration. We didn't like either option because we didn't really have any desire to go to Disney and felt like we were being forced to because we had to continue paying. THe park going experience is a far different experience than what we bought our tickets under last year.