• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lonestar Transfer

gstiens

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker, Shipyard Plantation, Hilton Head
Anyone have experience with this company? We own at Hilton Head, Spinnaker.
How costly is it?
Gary

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Lonestar is a timeshare exit company that will take your money and do nothing for you that you can't do yourself for free. They may even just have you stop paying and let it go to foreclosure. Yay, they got you out of your timeshare! But you could do that for free. These timeshare exit schemes are a waste of money. Have you tried giving it away for free? I mean for FREE. $0 and you pay all closing costs.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
These exit companies are scams, all of them. During the years I was an HOA board member at a sold out resort, we would always negotiate with our owners on a deed back, because it was quicker and cheaper for the HOA than going through a foreclosure. I have heard that some developers can be jerks to deal with, of course, but most will see reason.

One of the worst scams I have seen was one of these exit companies taking thousands of dollars from a widow to "exit" three summer weeks on the Outer Banks, at least one of which at Barrier Island Station Duck. Those weeks could easily have been sold on the OBX resale market for at least a couple of thousand each, but his "exit company" scammed the woman to pay them thousands and then turned around and sold the weeks on eBay.

The market value of a timeshare depends on location, season, maintenance fee, and market demand. Some do have only marginal value, but some have a decent value and are easy to sell. The exit company cons you out of thousands, regardless of which category your week falls into.