• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Logistics of WDW stay with multiple party room reservations and MDE

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone with experience managing a trip when you have 3 parties, with 3 separate room reservations and MDE accounts?

We have all "shared" our MDE accounts, but when I look at "my travel party" it doesn't include the others. Will I still be able to secure LL and Genie+ reservations for all?

I also associated my brothers park ticket on my MDE account as he is a friend, but now I can't link his MB because it is associated with his account.

Wondering since my room can technically hold 9 people, if it would be easier to add them all as occupants on my room.......

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try the Disboards. Free to join and the members there are as knowledgeable about all the ins and outs of Disney as the TUG members are on timeshares. There’s a specific DVC section too

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone with experience managing a trip when you have 3 parties, with 3 separate room reservations and MDE accounts?

We have all "shared" our MDE accounts, but when I look at "my travel party" it doesn't include the others. Will I still be able to secure LL and Genie+ reservations for all?

I also associated my brothers park ticket on my MDE account as he is a friend, but now I can't link his MB because it is associated with his account.

Wondering since my room can technically hold 9 people, if it would be easier to add them all as occupants on my room.......

while you definitely could add everyone to your room I would advise against it- as technically you can’t have multiple room reservations under one name prior to genie setup it worked by adding a slight name change like middle initial- it could screw up function in the app and now that the app is such a major part of a trip even opening room door…I would be hesitant

can I ask specifically what your trying to do?
Is everyone on the same ticket media?
how many people in total?
Have you been able to make park reservations for people in other rooms?

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try the Disboards. Free to join and the members there are as knowledgeable about all the ins and outs of Disney as the TUG members are on timeshares. There’s a specific DVC section too

Yep - that was the place I put my first inquiry. They moved it from the forum I put it on to the same forum and now it has dissappeared. I will try again. Just really trying to figuere it out without having to call and deal with the hours of wait time......

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
while you definitely could add everyone to your room I would advise against it- as technically you can’t have multiple room reservations under one name prior to genie setup it worked by adding a slight name change like middle initial- it could screw up function in the app and now that the app is such a major part of a trip even opening room door…I would be hesitant

can I ask specifically what your trying to do?
Is everyone on the same ticket media?
how many people in total?
Have you been able to make park reservations for people in other rooms?

1. Ultimately, I would like to be able to make LL and Genie+ for all parties that are going at 7am, the others are not morning people.
2. Mostly - we have Salute to Miltary tickets. 5 have Genie+ already on ticket, but one does not, so that person needs to add daily.
3. 6: 3 in my room, 2 in my parents room, 1 other room is my brother.
4. Yes I can make park reservations for all.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok so one of the biggest problems people face is mixed media- we were 2 rooms 3 types of fare media.
For us it was a combination of APs/Florida resident tickets & day tickets- I i haven’t traveled with anyone eligible for the salutes- but it was that that caused the problem.

If you made everyone park reservations at the same time in the same transaction in theory you should all be in the same travel party.

Honestly head over to touringplans forums- the forum is a wealth of genie knowledge
They have a large group meet up going so I am sure they can walk you though it and IMO - they are friendly and way more responsive than DIS

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok so one of the biggest problems people face is mixed media- we were 2 rooms 3 types of fare media.
For us it was a combination of APs/Florida resident tickets & day tickets- I i haven’t traveled with anyone eligible for the salutes- but it was that that caused the problem.

If you made everyone park reservations at the same time in the same transaction in theory you should all be in the same travel party.

Honestly head over to touringplans forums- the forum is a wealth of genie knowledge
They have a large group meet up going so I am sure they can walk you though it and IMO - they are friendly and way more responsive than DIS

Thanks, I will check them out. Funny you mention the park reservations. I can make all for my parents - but my brothers states not eligable to book with the group. But, I just recalled I haven't linked his reservation to my MDE like I have for my parents, so that could be it.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will check them out. Funny you mention the park reservations. I can make all for my parents - but my brothers states not eligable to book with the group. But, I just recalled I haven't linked his reservation to my MDE like I have for my parents, so that could be it.

The new system IMO makes it way to complicated-