• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lock out @ Grande Vista

chkvtzn

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are using our week at Grand Vista and have invited our friends to join us. If possible I would like, for some extra privacy, for them to stay in the lock out portion, and have my family in the 1BR portion. Do I need to book this as 2 reservations even though we are booking our entire unit together for the same week? I do not want to mearly just close the doors. I want each of us to have a seperate key. It is OK if they are next to each other. Thanks in advance.

Scott_Ru

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, just book the 3 bed-room. You will be able to "lock them off" and the front desk can get different keys for the two-bedroom and one-bedroom lockoff units.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
When our friends joined us at Ocean Pointe, they registered a credit card under the room # they were in (the lock-off portion). That way they (and their daughter) could go to the Marketplace, Pizza Hut and Tiki Bar and charge anything they wanted. They were able to easily settle up with the front desk at check out.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, not if you just ask the desk for 2 keys. Do you also want the desk to code the keys separately?

Lock out fees are to pay Marriott owner services for the extra paperwork, time and trouble of handling 2 separate room reservations.

laxmom

Reaction score
Keys...

When we were there in December, they gave us 2 keys for each door. The one set worked for the 1 bedroom side and the other the lockoff. We had booked the entire unit. Not sure if it was a mistake or not but it was a pain in the backside as we would each have to try our keys in the door to get in-we didn't do well keeping our keys separated from the kid's keys. For you it would be great and maybe you can request 2 keys for each door if they don't offer. We are proof that it can be done and still book the whole suite.

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a 3-BR in December and the front desk specifically asked if we wanted to key the 2-BR and studio separately (we didn't). I'm sure you'll just have to ask and they'll be happy to handle it the way you want, along with separate charging privileges if desired. We left all the keys on the shelf in the foyer between the two units, making it easy to remember to grab one on the way out (plus, as the practical one, I kept one in my wallet :)). The "keys on the shelf" rule came in handy for those quick trips to hit golf balls or run to the Marketplace.