• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Little to no transmission occurred from asymptomatic case-patients.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
So the CDC is acknowledging so called "asymptomatic" transmission is not only far less than the "doomsday" models of 75%+, but may be nearly non-existent?
So WHY are we wearing masks and having to be "socially distance"? And telling vaccinated people to still NOT gather or see people or wear 3 masks?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Because this article says highest transmission is presymptomatic. Meaning after exposure and before they start experiencing symptoms. So essentially still asymptomatic.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Even though I think asymptomatic people shouldn't have to wear masks, I kind of admit that I have had a very healthy year, aside from our Covid-19 of 3/1-3/4 of last year. We have been to Disney World six weeks already, going again next month for another two weeks, and we have both stayed healthy and didn't get our usual Disney cold virus we usually take home with us. I think the masks helped that, but I don't want to continue to wear them. They are uncomfortable.

Wish I could stop touching my face a thousand times a day at Disney. The masks (I think) keep me from touching my face all of the time. I remember not to touch my mask because I am guessing that mask reminds me, "don't touch your face."

And maybe people are washing their hands better, and maybe the hand sanitizer should be a regular thing at the parks. Who knows, but six weeks of Disney/ Universal/ Sea World/ Busch Gardens and no illnesses. It's a minor miracle.

Still recommend the book about the pandemic. I suppose a lot of people would say it's propaganda, but I think it's spot on. It's called, "The Price of Panic." Three smart people co-wrote the book. People on the plane, at the airports and at the resorts have asked me if it was a good book, and I told them it explains a lot about what we are experiencing right now.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
So the CDC is acknowledging so called "asymptomatic" transmission is not only far less than the "doomsday" models of 75%+, but may be nearly non-existent?
So WHY are we wearing masks and having to be "socially distance"? And telling vaccinated people to still NOT gather or see people or wear 3 masks?
Simple answer: Those in control want to stay in control. What better way to stay in control than to constantly inject fear in the masses so they will do whatever they say. Fauci and Biden are still both saying we will not begin to go back to "normal" until the end of this year at the earliest.

If anyone disagrees, please show me proof that this does not happen. I would love to see it.

Kurt

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Because this article says highest transmission is presymptomatic. Meaning after exposure and before they start experiencing symptoms. So essentially still asymptomatic.
So we now have studies that those who have been vaccinated are unlikely to spread the virus, and that those who are asymptomatic are unlikely to spread the virus. So why are authority figures still saying people who are vaccinated still have to socially distance and wear a mask??? And if you listen to them, they think we should all be wearing masks and socially distancing until at least the end of this year!

Kurt

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have had both vaccines, the CDC says you no longer have to quarantine if you've been exposed. This clearly indicates the chances of getting or spreading the disease is highly unlikely, so why do vaccinated people also have to wear masks? I believe it is a combination of government control as well as not being able to figure out how to enforce mask rules when some don't need them. This administration prefers the one size fits all approach to rules, rather than allowing flexibility in situations that make sense.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Simple answer: Those in control want to stay in control. What better way to stay in control than to constantly inject fear in the masses so they will do whatever they say. Fauci and Biden are still both saying we will not begin to go back to "normal" until the end of this year at the earliest.

If anyone disagrees, please show me proof that this does not happen. I would love to see it.

Kurt
Not proof but 526,712 deaths is evidence of an alternative reason that does not involve a huge conspiracy.

But feel free to give any evidence that politicians, health officials, and health workers have decided they need to give false information to make us wear a mask. Or give any possible motive for this.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
A balanced article on this topic

As part of a large population study in Geneva, Switzerland, researchers modelled viral spread among people living together. In a manuscript posted on medRxiv this month2, they report that the risk of an asymptomatic person passing the virus to others in their home is about one-quarter of the risk of transmission from a symptomatic person.
Although there is a lower risk of transmission from asymptomatic people, they might still present a significant public-health risk because they are more likely to be out in the community than isolated at home, says Andrew Azman, an infectious-disease epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Baltimore, Maryland, who is based in Switzerland and was a co-author on the study. “The actual public-health burden of this massive pool of interacting ‘asymptomatics’ in the community probably suggests that a sizeable portion of transmission events are from asymptomatic transmissions,” he says.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not proof but 526,712 deaths is evidence of an alternative reason that does not involve a huge conspiracy.

But feel free to give any evidence that politicians, health officials, and health workers have decided they need to give false information to make us wear a mask. Or give any possible motive for this.
Where did I say covid was a conspriacy? As usual, you are putting words into other's mouth, and it is getting old.

Fauci and Biden have both said we will not start going back to normal before the end of this year. Why are they saying that, when there is evidence that it will not be the case? I'll stand by my statement, that they, along with most in power, want to insert fear to the general public in order to keep control over them. None of your statements or that link contradict my statement. Nice try, though.

Kurt

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where did I say covid was a conspriacy? As usual, you are putting words into other's mouth, and it is getting old.

Fauci and Biden have both said we will not start going back to normal before the end of this year. Why are they saying that, when there is evidence that it will not be the case? I'll stand by my statement, that they, along with most in power, want to insert fear to the general public in order to keep control over them. None of your statements or that link contradict my statement. Nice try, though.

Kurt
Why are you fixated on a few opinions of going back to normal. We all have one.

Speaking of putting words in peoples mouth.

The U.S. could return to some semblance of normality, like safely eating indoors at restaurants and going to the movies, by the mid-fall if enough people are vaccinated against the disease, White House coronavirus advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said on Wednesday.

“So if we can get the overwhelming proportion of the population vaccinated by let’s say the end of the second, the beginning of the third quarter – by the time we get into mid-fall of 2021, we can be approaching some level of normality,” Fauci told CNBC’s Meg Tirrell during a special edition of the “Healthy Returns” conference.

The conspiracy is on the control crap. Nobody involved with these decisions is focused on controlling you. As I actually wrote.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
A balanced article on this topic

As part of a large population study in Geneva, Switzerland, researchers modelled viral spread among people living together. In a manuscript posted on medRxiv this month2, they report that the risk of an asymptomatic person passing the virus to others in their home is about one-quarter of the risk of transmission from a symptomatic person.
Although there is a lower risk of transmission from asymptomatic people, they might still present a significant public-health risk because they are more likely to be out in the community than isolated at home, says Andrew Azman, an infectious-disease epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Baltimore, Maryland, who is based in Switzerland and was a co-author on the study. “The actual public-health burden of this massive pool of interacting ‘asymptomatics’ in the community probably suggests that a sizeable portion of transmission events are from asymptomatic transmissions,” he says.
You know the study you mention was based on serology testing for antibodies, these people could have been infected by somebody else, not by a member of the household and in a totally different timeframe. So it does not prove that there is asymptomatic transmission and should not be sold as such.

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The conspiracy is on the control crap. Nobody involved with these decisions is focused on controlling you. As I actually wrote.
Making arbitrary, non-science based rules is control. I guess a lot of people don't realize that.

Kurt

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why are you fixated on a few opinions of going back to normal. We all have one.

Speaking of putting words in peoples mouth.

The U.S. could return to some semblance of normality, like safely eating indoors at restaurants and going to the movies, by the mid-fall if enough people are vaccinated against the disease, White House coronavirus advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said on Wednesday.

“So if we can get the overwhelming proportion of the population vaccinated by let’s say the end of the second, the beginning of the third quarter – by the time we get into mid-fall of 2021, we can be approaching some level of normality,” Fauci told CNBC’s Meg Tirrell during a special edition of the “Healthy Returns” conference.

If enough people are vaccinated, in October or November we return to "SOME level of normalcy". Does it sound reassuring to you?

Brett

Reaction score
If enough people are vaccinated, in October or November we return to "SOME level of normalcy". Does it sound reassuring to you?

the reassuring may be closer -- July --- including the crazy "herd" in Sweden

herd.jpg

Last edited:

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree, non-science is stupid and non-sensical
Science - yes !
There is no "science" in many of these rules. They are made-up-as-we-go-along to give the general public some feeling of "look at the safety precautions my gov't has put into place!".

Brett

Reaction score
There is no "science" in many of these rules. They are made-up-as-we-go-along to give the general public some feeling of "look at the safety precautions my gov't has put into place!".

yes, in many previous posts you say "hate" Dr. Anthony Fauci and you don't believe in wearing masks, social distancing, etc.

ignore the science .................................. :( .. :(

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes, in many previous posts you say "hate" Dr. Anthony Fauci and you don't believe in wearing masks, social distancing, etc.

ignore the science .... :(
I have never once said I hate Dr Fauci. Nice try. And I don't believe in masks for CHILDREN.

Dinner Friday night in a restaurant. With a party of 8. Can't eat at a table for 8. Only tables of 4 allowed. But we can have two tables of 4 next to each other. SCIENCE!

And, our dinner was in a full enclosed tent. Walls, ceiling, etc. I suspect the airflow was worse than in a permanent structure with HVAC. SCIENCE!

My daughter can't visit her grandmother in her LTC facility. But she can work there as a meal server. SCIENCE!

Kids can't go to school, but they can fly on airplanes. SCIENCE!

Brett

Reaction score
I have never once said I hate Dr Fauci. Nice try. And I don't believe in masks for CHILDREN.

Dinner Friday night in a restaurant. With a party of 8. Can't eat at a table for 8. Only tables of 4 allowed. But we can have two tables of 4 next to each other. SCIENCE!

And, our dinner was in a full enclosed tent. Walls, ceiling, etc. I suspect the airflow was worse than in a permanent structure with HVAC. SCIENCE!

I remember
it's a good "try" ;)

(South Dakota is great - in the summer)

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh yes - the usual criticism on TUG. I'm the big dummy and you are so smart. Got it! Keep on, keep on slinging the insults.
I was just quoting you