• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Little Sweden Resort in Door County Wisconsin Info?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just scored a 9 day reservation at Wyndham/Shell Little Sweden for the end of June. I've been watching so this must be a cancellation. It's our first trip there. Looks relaxing with cool Northern Wisconsin weather. Anyone been there? Thinking about riding my Harley there. Good idea? Feedback from anyone who has been there about the area, etc., is appreciated.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Never been to Little Sweden but have been to Door County many times. There are a few wineries up there if you like wine. They are great places to relax and take the surroundings in. The Harley would be great to ride through the area. It will probably be busy up there so everything will take a little longer especially with restaurants.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned home from our fixed week at little Sweden. There is a recent post about door county where I mentioned many things I do in door county

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
It's not cool in Wisconsin right now:cool: Mid to upper 90's. Too early to be this hot!!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We are getting the cooler weather here in Colorado today.

I think Shell's cancellations just automatically go to Wyndham. I rarely see them and am pretty disappointed that I cannot book much within 60 days, though I do know people cancel a lot within 60 days. That is when penalties kick in.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not cool in Wisconsin right now:cool: Mid to upper 90's. Too early to be this hot!!
Just checked. It is currently 71 degrees in Sturgeon Bay, WI., which is south of Little Sweden. Green Bay and Lake Michigan keep the peninsula cool. Great motorcycle weather.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was 90 all week in Green Bay, high of 80 at little Sweden, and when we went to the Lake Michigan lakeside, I would say 65 to 70

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
It was 90 all week in Green Bay, high of 80 at little Sweden, and when we went to the Lake Michigan lakeside, I would say 65 to 70
Looking forward to our trip late August. I know the weather will be comfortable, and thank you for helping us with the information on that other thread. We are staying at The Rushes.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to our trip late August. I know the weather will be comfortable, and thank you for helping us with the information on that other thread. We are staying at The Rushes.
We stopped at the Rushes and hiked their trails. They have the nice lake, and water activities. I always stop at George Burr gallery outside Ephraim. He has a coupon for a free 8 by ten print in the Pulse. Only 5 more to have it matted. I have 8 of his prints, I had some framed by him, that is 20 with the free print. Nice memento

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
It dropped from 94 to 72 during the hour I was getting a hair cut (in Wisconsin Dells)

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wood orchard market for all things cherry, about a mile from LS. Pelletier or White Gull Inn for fish boils. Al Johnson’s for Swedish breakfast (and goats on the roof). Wilson’s for burgers/ice cream, macready bakery for sandwiches, Peninsula state park for biking, hiking, etc. millionaires row cruise from fish creek, or take the ferry to Washington island. The farm or plum loco for petting zoo, tons of wineries and distilleries, the trolley has a lot of offerings, too. There is usually live music or plays available on weekends. The ridges nature preserve is nice. Lighthouse tours and pottery / art studios, a lot of fun stuff to do. Now, for nice dinners: chives, Barringers, English Inn, Alexander’s. And for low key dinners: coyote roadhouse, Casey BBQ, shipwrecked, wild tomato, sister bay bowl, and a million other little spots. Tons of indie coffee shops. For shopping there is a cluster of shops in each town, I enjoy stopping at the lavender place in/near sister bay. That should get you started.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Wood orchard market for all things cherry, about a mile from LS. Pelletier or White Gull Inn for fish boils. Al Johnson’s for Swedish breakfast (and goats on the roof). Wilson’s for burgers/ice cream, macready bakery for sandwiches, Peninsula state park for biking, hiking, etc. millionaires row cruise from fish creek, or take the ferry to Washington island. The farm or plum loco for petting zoo, tons of wineries and distilleries, the trolley has a lot of offerings, too. There is usually live music or plays available on weekends. The ridges nature preserve is nice. Lighthouse tours and pottery / art studios, a lot of fun stuff to do. Now, for nice dinners: chives, Barringers, English Inn, Alexander’s. And for low key dinners: coyote roadhouse, Casey BBQ, shipwrecked, wild tomato, sister bay bowl, and a million other little spots. Tons of indie coffee shops. For shopping there is a cluster of shops in each town, I enjoy stopping at the lavender place in/near sister bay. That should get you started.

This is a very good list and would take most people all the way through to a good visit.

We went to Pelletier for the fish boil. While they are cool to see, the dinner was just like it sounds, boiled fish. Bland, no flavor and we never did one again. Your mileage may vary.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a very good list and would take most people all the way through to a good visit.

We went to Pelletier for the fish boil. While they are cool to see, the dinner was just like it sounds, boiled fish. Bland, no flavor and we never did one again. Your mileage may vary.
Agree

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience at Little Sweden so far, booked through Wyndham‘s website. So far, so good. The facilities are very nice and well maintained. Very clean and up to date considering the Scandinavian twist on decor. Surprisingly, not a Wyndham sign or logo anywhere, or a Shell sign for that matter. No toiletries in the bathrooms other than bath and hand soap. There is a coffee maker, but no coffee, coffee filters, salt/pepper, etc., or any of the stuff you see at a Wyndham property. The resort isn’t managed by Wyndham, but was told Wyndham owns, not leases many units there. I’d go back, but prefer Wisconsin Dells. More of a variety of things to see and do in the Dells. Definitely the Dells if you have kids.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience at Little Sweden so far, booked through Wyndham‘s website. So far, so good. The facilities are very nice and well maintained. Very clean and up to date considering the Scandinavian twist on decor. Surprisingly, not a Wyndham sign or logo anywhere, or a Shell sign for that matter. No toiletries in the bathrooms other than bath and hand soap. There is a coffee maker, but no coffee, coffee filters, salt/pepper, etc., or any of the stuff you see at a Wyndham property. The resort isn’t managed by Wyndham, but was told Wyndham owns, not leases many units there. I’d go back, but prefer Wisconsin Dells. More of a variety of things to see and do in the Dells. Definitely the Dells if you have kids.
They gave us a cellophane packet with one coffee and a few other things. They have never given us more than a little bar of cheap soap, no toiletries. there used to be glad wrap, foil, napkins, salt and pepper in the u it, but not this year also, most decorations in the unit were removed

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I picked up 4 nights at Little Sweden in August. It's a one bedroom this time. Has any of you stayed in a one bedroom there? Are the Wyndham one bedrooms in the hotel section or are they elsewhere on the property?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I picked up 4 nights at Little Sweden in August. It's a one bedroom this time. Has any of you stayed in a one bedroom there? Are the Wyndham one bedrooms in the hotel section or are they elsewhere on the property?
I think they are in the check in multi colored building,

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think they are in the check in multi colored building,
Rap marks is correct they are only in the check in building ; on the upper floors accessible from the lobby.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned