• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Listing best units in a resort?

CSB

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
All units in a resort are not necessarily created equal. Some are better than others. With the great knowledge and experience of our TUG people, is it possible to put together along with the review, a breakdown of desirable units in each resort. I know this would be lots of work and would require constant upgrading but it would be very useful.

I am having trouble right now deciding whether to go to The Villas at Fairway because of the mixed reviews. Some unit appear to be OK and others are described as filthy.

Even in my own resort Carriage Hills, although I consider all very nice, some have much bigger studios than others. I just now found out this difference and I know which buildings have the newer, larger units.

Just a thought. I know that you have so much time on your hands! :p

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The problem with defining the best and worst is that people's opinions and requirements differ so much. Even in your own example of a review saying the unit was filthy the place was hopefully cleaned after the occupants complained - assuming they complained to the resort.
On the question of 'best' what do we mean? Some people may want a unit right beside the main facilities, others would want a unit in a quiet area of the same resort.
At one resort where I stayed, some of the accommodation was so far from the clubhouse that most people would use their car to get there. That same accommodation was ideally places for the first tee on the golf course. Whether those units were 'best' or 'worst' would be very dependent on your interest in golf :)

abbekit

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
I agree with Keith. I read many reviews recommending the buildings closest to the lobby, activity center, pool, etc. I'm one of those who prefer the quiet of being away from those amenities so those units would not be my top choice.

I try to always list the unit number that I stayed in when writing my review. I find it very helpful when others do the same. As long as the information is in the review I don't feel the need for the review coordinator to make a special list.

Maps of the resorts are also very helpful along with photos.

CSB

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. You are right about the different opinions on what makes a great unit.

I agree with abbekit that a map is so useful and I will try to list unit numbers in my own reviews. Very good reminder for me as that would certainly help others since you can really only comment on the condition of the unit that you have stayed in.