• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

List your GREAT Timeshare exchanges here. [2009 and forward]

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
My VV Williamsburg isn’t in points, but trades as week deposits. Not sure how much different the trading power is.
I think II has an algorithm that tabs the weeks to the points. You may want to consider II’s shortexchange, so that you can book two shorter stays rather than an entire week.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I had to cancel a 3BR oceanview Hyatt Ka’anapali week late due to COVID, and deposited 2950 Hyatt points into Interval.

Just made my first exchange using those points: 870 points for a 1BR Sedona Summit, check in April 9, 2020. We really love the location of this resort relative to mountain bike trails, easy to ride for a week right from the condo.

Only 2110 more points to use, lol.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I really liked Sedona Summit. What a great exchange!

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
RCI returned our 38 TPUs used for Royal Regency Paris starting 9/12. So we now were back to our original 47. I used 16 for a 3 bedroom Crown Point Ruidoso NM 4/16 and 15 for Club Wyndham Taos studio 4/23. We've not been to either area of New Mexico, though we've spent time in Santa Fe and years ago took a day trip on the Cumbres & Toltec RR.

We still have 16 TPUs to book a resort by the end of this year for a start date as late as 6/30/2021!

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Exchanged a 1BR Sheraton Broadway Plantation Gold float week for Marriott Pulse NYC hotel room 12/27/20 - 1/3/21.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
Exchanged a 1BR Sheraton Broadway Plantation Gold float week for Marriott Pulse NYC hotel room 12/27/20 - 1/3/21.

That is a great one!

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We traded 91 VI points for a 1 bed Sedona Summit. We used VI's owner exchange program. The exchange fee was $145. I think we are into it about $827.00 for the entire week. While it doesn't seem like a screaming deal we really like Sedona.

Bill

LovinTheTropics

TUG Member
Reaction score
this year...
1 bedroom SDO for 2 bedroom Marriott Newport Coast Villas in August
1 bedroom Lagunamar for 2 bedroom Four Seasons Aviara in October

then
AC's
2 bedroom Marriott Frenchman's Cove (Oct)
2 bedroom Hyatt Pinon Pointe (next Feb)
2 bedroom Marriott Shadow Ridge Enclaves (2 weeks) (Sept)
2 bedroom Hacienda Encantada (next May)
1 bedroom Lagunamar
and then these Hawaii weeks which will hopefully move
2 bedroom Ko'Olina (Oct)
2 bedroom Ko'Olina (Dec)
2 bedroom Waiohai Beach Club (Dec)

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
This week, I traded for 3 weeks at Four Seasons Aviara (FSA). 2 weeks are consecutive in early November and 1 week is over Christmas holidays. I traded one Four Seasons Aviara 2 bedroom and got 2 weeks in a 2 bedroom and 1 week in a 1 bedroom. So I ended up with 3 weeks for 1 week. These were deposited with Elite Alliance and Interval International. The exchange fees were $595 and $695 with EA and $327 with II. The actual MF per week is about $2800. So I am estimating that the cost for the 3 weeks would be about $7600 (I only allocated $2000 to the one bedroom, however it is during a prime week). So the savings compared to the MF and exchange fees I paid was about $3100. If it weren’t for Covid, I would not have traded back into FSA but we can drive.

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
What will you do? Nyc will still be shut down then lol.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
Well, we’ve had such a great time here in Park City that we‘d like to replicate the trip again next year. I was previously planning on using 120-day restricted DC points to book 12 days in late Sept next year to see fall foliage. And I still might.

But this morning, Labor Day at Marriott Mountainside week popped up in II. So... I booked it, a one BR unit for 740 pts. I’ll either look for a second contiguous II week, or more likely add days with my restricted 120-day DC points. Or maybe if I can get the entire 12 day reservation I was planning on, I’ll cancel this Labor Day week and EPlus it.

So of my 2950 Hyatt points for my cancelled 3BR Hyatt Kaanapali week, I’ve now booked:
April 1BR Sedona Summit 870 pt
Nov studio Four Seasons Troon North (Scottsdale) 430 pt
Labor Day 1BR Marriott Mountainside 740 pt

Only 910 points to go!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I bought E-plus lol
Smart! Our leadership is still very cautious. Also, who knows what the winter will bring when flu season starts, they may want to try and slow down the flu

liongate88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (AUL), WKV, SVV, HGVC (BLVD, GW, Elara), HRC , WM
Need help with IL. How do you trade in interval for a float week 1-52? The deed says week 41. Would this mean you have to deposit to IL using the deed week 41 or you reserve a different week then deposit to IL

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Need help with IL. How do you trade in interval for a float week 1-52? The deed says week 41. Would this mean you have to deposit to IL using the deed week 41 or you reserve a different week then deposit to IL
If it's your Kierland or SDO weeks, Vistana will make a blended deposit for you - you don't have to choose a week. (HGVC and Disney don't trade in Interval, primarily RCI).

You can go into your interval account, find the tab that says "my units" then scroll down to find the unit that you want to deposit (watch the year that you are depositing) then click on the deposit button. You need to decide if you are depositing the entire 2 bedroom unit or get two trades by depositing two one bedroom units.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
RCI returned our 38 TPUs used for Royal Regency Paris starting 9/12. So we now were back to our original 47. I used 16 for a 3 bedroom Crown Point Ruidoso NM 4/16 and 15 for Club Wyndham Taos studio 4/23. We've not been to either area of New Mexico, though we've spent time in Santa Fe and years ago took a day trip on the Cumbres & Toltec RR.

We still have 16 TPUs to book a resort by the end of this year for a start date as late as 6/30/2021!

We enjoyed a week in Ruidoso a couple of years ago. White Sands was lovely.

Sheila

jtmaske

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Lodge on Peak 7
West 57th Street by Hilton Club
DVC Polynesian
Two bedroom Four Seasons Scottsdale Oct 2020 for studio Grand Lodge Peak 7 July 2021. No Interval unit upgrade fee. (October is on the border between unbearable and pleasant in Scottsdale, and of course there is Covid, but still ....)

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
10 TPU to trade into Outer Banks Beach Club 1BR this weekend, which usually has $600 MF. With $240 exchange fee and $150 in TPU, I’m ahead $210. No resort fees.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
Two bedroom Four Seasons Scottsdale Oct 2020 for studio Grand Lodge Peak 7 July 2021. No Interval unit upgrade fee. (October is on the border between unbearable and pleasant in Scottsdale, and of course there is Covid, but still ....)

Good one.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
1 Bedroom AKV for 56500 RCI points in February of 2021.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This 4BR, 1 week Massanutten usually has $893 MF. After calling RCI to get the $129 exchange fee, $93 housekeeping fee, $182 service fee, and 16 TPU worth $240, I’m still ahead $249.

Attachments

• AFA90DCF-5338-46AC-9AE7-DD7D5649DB50.jpeg
    AFA90DCF-5338-46AC-9AE7-DD7D5649DB50.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 53

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it is a great one or not, but we're intrigued.

Hotel on the Cay #1597
Hotel 4(2) No kitchen
2/4/23 23TPU via RCI Weeks

This is an older hotel that just happens to be sitting on its own very small island a few hundred yards off the coast of St. Croix near Christiansted. There is a boat that shuttles back and forth--complimentary for hotel guests--a tiki bar, some sand, turltes, and fish. The pool has been broken for years, as has the "water feature" and there is no sign that any of that will change. There is a dorm-sized fridge, coffee pot, microwave, and toaster. Definitely different from the glitzy resorts we sometimes enjoy, but the reviews commonly point to a very welcoming staff. This might be exactly what we need for a good mid-winter break a couple years from now.

(Edited to add unit size/kitchen info)

Last edited: