• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

List your GREAT Timeshare exchanges here. [2009 and forward]

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I just combined some dribs and drabs of leftover TPUs with a February week at Samoset....and I scored an August 2025 unit there. So excited to see this resort in the summer!

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using a 2BR MGC, my OGS was matched to 2BR MKO (Ko'Olina) for April 2024. Depositing 12 months out and asking for a shoulder-season exchange helps... CJ

Priscilla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded VV at Williamsburg with a beach front resort at VA in June, exchange to M Grand Chatteu for the week of Christmas. In fact I got 3 two bedrooms, and the extended get to spend Christmas in Vegas. MVC at Costa Rica via AC. Heading there this week.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
I have never done well in OGS which is probably why I do a crazy amount of searching.

Best trades through Interval in the last year and a bit were:

1BR Marriott 47 Park Street in London (no longer in the Interval directory), for a Grand Chateau studio
2BR Marriott's Kauai Lagoons Kalanipu'u (assigned an amazing OF ground-floor unit), for a Grand Chateau studio
2BR Marriott's Crystal Shores (this one was August, so low season), for a 1BR Sheraton Desert Oasis
3BR Marriott's Maui Lahaina & Napili Villas (top floor OF of Napili Tower), last-minute flexchange with a 1BR Sheraton Desert Oasis
a few Westin Nanea 2BR units for various dates, have used WorldMark, or 1BR SDO or MGC

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've gotten some great trades in the recent past:

I got week 51 in a 1 bedroom ocean front unit at Marriott Kauai Beach Club using a Grand Chateau studio.
@marmite got me a week 52 (from 2022 to 2023) at Marriott Waiohai a few weeks before we were scheduled to arrive with a 1 bedroom at Grand Chateau. It was great because I was planning on staying at the Grand Hyatt (so saved a bundle) and had enough room for my father in law.

I'm not sure how, but I got a couple of weeks at HGVC Kingsland for 39,500 RCI points per week for the first and second week of July. I had an ongoing search, and when I checked the number of points, I was shocked and booked it immediately.

It's not the hardest trade to get (and I specifically chose a large resort to make it work), but I've gotten 5 trades for the week of memorial day at Newport Coast Village for a family reunion. All 4 of my siblings and I will have our own units.

It wasn't an Interval exchange, but I had trouble sleeping in the middle of the night while I was at Kingsland. On a whim, I logged into the Hyatt system and found not 1 but 2 units at the Hyatt Siesta Key for Week 52. It was awesome, we brought family for the second unit and had a fantastic time at our favorite resort.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
LoNG time no see as on baby duty.

I'm still amazed at what VV Williamsburg 2BR summer gets including: 1) Orlando Marriot 2BR summer, 2) Hilton Head Marriott 2BR summer, 3) Sheraton Broadway 2BR second week September, 4) Links Golf and Racquet Club 2B summer, 5) 8BR Woodstone Massanutten (two separate 4BR condos), 5) 6BR Presidential Resort at Chancellorsville (three separate 2BR cabins).

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas; Harborside Resort at Atlantis
I've had some great exchanges for my small 1BR Harborside Atlantis week in platinum plus season:
-Grande Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (3BR) in Oct
-Marriott Summit Watch (Studio) in January
-Grande Luxxe Riviera Maya (4BR) in Sept
-Westin Nanea (2BR) in Nov
-Hyatt Pinon Point (2BR) in Sept
-Grand Colorado on Peak 8 (1 BR) in Jan
-Grand Solmar Lands End (1 BR) in May

I'm getting rid of my Harborside ownership but it's been a fun ride. Picking up a 2BR LO in Platinum Plus season at Westin Kierland to replace it and I'm hoping I continue to get good exchanges.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
I've had some great exchanges for my small 1BR Harborside Atlantis week in platinum plus season:
-Grande Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (3BR) in Oct
-Marriott Summit Watch (Studio) in January
-Grande Luxxe Riviera Maya (4BR) in Sept
-Westin Nanea (2BR) in Nov
-Hyatt Pinon Point (2BR) in Sept
-Grand Colorado on Peak 8 (1 BR) in Jan
-Grand Solmar Lands End (1 BR) in May

I'm getting rid of my Harborside ownership but it's been a fun ride. Picking up a 2BR LO in Platinum Plus season at Westin Kierland to replace it and I'm hoping I continue to get good exchanges.
I just exchanged for the Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta. How did you like it?

ecassidy6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Manor Club at Ford’s Colony
We used to exchange our Marriott weeks for two consecutive weeks at Grand Luxxe in both Riviera Maya and Nuevo Vallarta. We can no longer do this because of the 3 in one rule. Any advice as to how to ‘get around’ this?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just exchanged for the Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta. How did you like it?
Absolutely a blast. The only down side is that the beach isn't great (the river flows into the ocean and it was murky), and the resort is large and some people complain about difficulty leaving the property (think golf cart/shuttle situation + taxi). But the facilities were amazing and the rooms are the best. Have a great time!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We used to exchange our Marriott weeks for two consecutive weeks at Grand Luxxe in both Riviera Maya and Nuevo Vallarta. We can no longer do this because of the 3 in one rule. Any advice as to how to ‘get around’ this?
My exchanges were before this rule went into place, so I never experienced it. My understanding was that it's 1 Vidanta resort every 3 years (1 in 3 / vs 3 in 1)?

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Absolutely a blast. The only down side is that the beach isn't great (the river flows into the ocean and it was murky), and the resort is large and some people complain about difficulty leaving the property (think golf cart/shuttle situation + taxi). But the facilities were amazing and the rooms are the best. Have a great time!

The beach gets better if you head further up the resort away from the Grand Luxxe side. We always go to the beach in front of the Grand Mayan, it's farther from the river so less murky, although still not clear.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
I see I have to pay the "Resort Fee" for Grand Luxxe 30 days out. Its rather unclear of the amount. When booking it, it mentioned energey surcharges and other fees of $150. Does this include the resort fee, if not, how much? I'm not going to get nailed with "All Inclusive" charges on this am I? The booking said nothing about all inclusive for this Interval exchange.

hapstersmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
We spent a weekend at Solaz via Priceline after trading for Vista Entancada in Los Cabos last July. I was kind of bummed I never saw Solaz anywhere, but then it was listed as an RCI resort. I was going to put in a request, but I hadn't figured out my best dates for it yet. Today I was on RCI looking for somewhere else, and Solaz showed up. One date only, a one bedroom. Only 77K points out of the 308K points we have in Wyndham. Did the exchange via chat with an RCI person processing the point deposit and trade instantly. So off we go to Solaz this July. The one bedroom looks awesome. https://www.theclubatsolaz.com/villas/one-bedroom-villa

lidi66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Timber Lodge, Sheraton Desert Oasis, Ocean Landings (x3)
We spent a weekend at Solaz via Priceline after trading for Vista Entancada in Los Cabos last July. I was kind of bummed I never saw Solaz anywhere, but then it was listed as an RCI resort. I was going to put in a request, but I hadn't figured out my best dates for it yet. Today I was on RCI looking for somewhere else, and Solaz showed up. One date only, a one bedroom. Only 77K points out of the 308K points we have in Wyndham. Did the exchange via chat with an RCI person processing the point deposit and trade instantly. So off we go to Solaz this July. The one bedroom looks awesome. https://www.theclubatsolaz.com/villas/one-bedroom-villa
This is awesome! I wish Solaz was in Interval, I don't have RCI.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I got 5 nights studio at Wyndham Royal Garden at Waikiki for 35k Wyndham points. Of course, $299 exchange fee. Still, I consider that great deal considering how expensive Hawaii is.