• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RMLMAD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Elite
Does anyone have any experience with posting their HGV timeshare with Redweek?
We are new to using Redweek and are unsure of the process. Any help and advice is appreciated!

RMLMAD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Specifically wondering about how you book with HGV…. How do you know what “guest name” to use when booking, or do you book using your own name then obtain a “guest pass”……

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
You book your home week and then list as a rental on Redweek. Once you get a renter, then you change to the renters name.

RMLMAD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You book your home week and then list as a rental on Redweek. Once you get a renter, then you change to the renters name.

Does it have to be your home week? Can’t it be anytime as long as you have the points for it? When I went to book a trip, it asks you to click confirming that you or someone you directly know is booking, and that no resale is allowed……

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Does it have to be your home week? Can’t it be anytime as long as you have the points for it? When I went to book a trip, it asks you to click confirming that you or someone you directly know is booking, and that no resale is allowed……

From page 14 of the 2023 Club Rules

No Commercial Use of HGVClub by Members or Guests.
Accommodations available through HGVClub are for the personal use and enjoyment of Members, the Members’ immediate family, and guests personally known and acquainted with Members. Immediate family member for purposes of these Rules includes the Member’s, spouse or partner, parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren and siblings.
Use of the club for commercial purposes or monetary or other consideration by Members or their guests including the use of a confirmed reservation in an Affiliated Resort for any rental, resale or other commercial use (other than an owner’s Home Week) including through the use of guest certificates is strictly prohibited. Commercial use includes but is not limited to any illegal activity or locally prohibited activity, any pattern of occupancy, rental, leasing or use that Hilton Grand Vacations in its reasonable discretion could conclude constitutes commercial use or purpose. Failure to abide by this restriction may result in immediate cancellation of the applicable reservation(s) (without refund or credit), suspension of reservation privileges, denial of access to any confirmed reservations, or other products or services offered through HGVClub and limitations on the number or type of transactions by a Member. Any lease or rental agreement for a Home Week shall be deemed to contain a provision requiring that any sums due to HGVClub as annual Club Dues or due to the Association as assessments, must be deducted from the gross rentals and paid directly to the party for which such sums are owed

RMLMAD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

How do you find out when your home week is?
From page 14 of the 2023 Club Rules

No Commercial Use of HGVClub by Members or Guests.
Accommodations available through HGVClub are for the personal use and enjoyment of Members, the Members’ immediate family, and guests personally known and acquainted with Members. Immediate family member for purposes of these Rules includes the Member’s, spouse or partner, parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren and siblings.
Use of the club for commercial purposes or monetary or other consideration by Members or their guests including the use of a confirmed reservation in an Affiliated Resort for any rental, resale or other commercial use (other than an owner’s Home Week) including through the use of guest certificates is strictly prohibited. Commercial use includes but is not limited to any illegal activity or locally prohibited activity, any pattern of occupancy, rental, leasing or use that Hilton Grand Vacations in its reasonable discretion could conclude constitutes commercial use or purpose. Failure to abide by this restriction may result in immediate cancellation of the applicable reservation(s) (without refund or credit), suspension of reservation privileges, denial of access to any confirmed reservations, or other products or services offered through HGVClub and limitations on the number or type of transactions by a Member. Any lease or rental agreement for a Home Week shall be deemed to contain a provision requiring that any sums due to HGVClub as annual Club Dues or due to the Association as assessments, must be deducted from the gross rentals and paid directly to the party for which such sums are owed
thank you for this!
Also, I have both Gold and Platinum home week designation…. Would that mean that my “home week” would fall in the weeks designated as “gold” or “platinum” and those are the weeks I can put up for rent on redweek?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
…Also, I have both Gold and Platinum home week designation…. Would that mean that my “home week” would fall in the weeks designated as “gold” or “platinum” and those are the weeks I can put up for rent on redweek
Yes

How do you find out when your home week is?

Your home week is your deeded week which indicates a specific resort, unit size/type and season.
Sadly I don’t see anywhere online where it states this level of detail. Under ownership, it simply indicates each resort name and contract number :rolleyes: .

NOTE: Each resort week is assigned a specific number of ClubPoints based on unit size/type, number of days and season.

If you have no idea, call HGVC Member Services and ask them to provide you with this information for each resort that you own.
  1. Resort name
  2. Unit size & type (for example - two bedroom vs two bedroom plus)
  3. Season (for example - Platinum vs Gold vs Silver)
  4. Number of Points
  5. Annual or Every other Even/Odd year
For example
If you bought a two bedroom in Gold Season at Maui Bay Villas, then you could only rent the number of nights you own at that resort, in that exact unit size during the weeks of Gold Season either every year or every other year (depending on what you own).

3EC69F12-43DB-47E7-887F-BBC295AF230D.jpeg