• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Liquor gift idea?

sammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any ideas for an interesting or unique bottle of liquor for a gift?

I've got many of those hard-to-buy-fors on my list and this one loves wine and liquor and books. I was thinking of getting the book 'Accidental Connioseur' and maybe another book to go along with a bottle or 2. He entertains a lot so it would not have to be something he enjoys himself.

Any ideas under $40 for liquor; under $25 for wine?

Thank much!

(I just thought of this - maybe one of those new flavors out for good old standard bottles would be a good idea - like a pomegranate something or a coffee flavored something?)

Nobylspoon

Reaction score
I'm not to sure about the liquor but as far as wine goes there is a wonderful vineyard in northern Italy that was pretty close to my house that produces the best Moscato Dolce I have ever had and they now import to the states. Its not as cheap as I used to get it driving over to the vineyard but its still in your price range. I have yet to meet someone who didn't love this wine.

http://69.49.182.45/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=878239000036

Every time I go to Italy I try to come back with a couple of cases of it :D

sammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice ideas. I'm toying with having those shipped straight to the recipient in Washington rather than shipping to me on the east coast just to send it back ;) again.

Any 'must-have' flavored vodkas for a well-stocked home bar?

Nobylspoon

Reaction score
Nice ideas. I'm toying with having those shipped straight to the recipient in Washington rather than shipping to me on the east coast just to send it back ;) again.

Any 'must-have' flavored vodkas for a well-stocked home bar?

Im a big fan of Artic Strawberry Vodka, just stay away from the flavored Smirnoff stuff :eek:

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you really want to go over the top, think about the world's FINEST VODKA - Stolichnaya Elit . Unfortunately the price is over your budget.

elit-bottle2.jpg

Jbart74

TUG Member
Reaction score
How bout a bottle of Absynth. Just make sure it's derived from actual Wormwood. Now that it's legal, it sort of a fun thing to have on hand. You could couple that with the little spoon and a water dripper and I'd be very happy to receive it! Probably over $40, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You should try to find out what kind of liquor they prefer i.e., bourbon, vodka etc. Then base your decision on that.

sammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you really want to go over the top, think about the world's FINEST VODKA - Stolichnaya Elit . Unfortunately the price is over your budget.

What does it run? I can spend whatever if its worth it. Flavored as well, or do you not recommend flavors?

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stoli Elite is usually between $50 and $70, depending on where you live. Its a very good vodka and a great gift but try to be sure the person enjoys vodka.

sammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, his favorite is gin (Bombay Sapphire, I believe) and martinis (me, too! :D )

Any brands better than Bombay Sapphire?

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Elit is pure, pure, pure and does not come in flavors. It's best when stored in the freezer and served with nothing but an ice cold glass. If a person wants to add anything to it (including ice), give them some other brand.

Just recently I gave a friend a taste test including Absolut, Gray Goose, Belvedere and Elit. Elit absolutely blew away all others....no comparison!

The price could be as high as $65 but you'll just have to check.

This would be a very, very special gift where a person would never be able to rationalize the price. However, once they try it, they're hooked for life.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, his favorite is gin (Bombay Sapphire, I believe) and martinis (me, too! :D )

Any brands better than Bombay Sapphire?

If his favorite is Bombay.....

Tanqueray and Beefeater are also very good.

Mimi39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Limoncella, it comes from the Sorrento area of Italy - it's fabulous. (By the way Princess cruise ship chefs make their own and it is only served as an after dinner drink in the dining room not in the bars.)

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you ever gone to Western Beverage? They're the liquor store that's associated with Costco--at least in NJ. This time of year, they are PACKED with very nice gift sets of liquor and wine. Like bottles of Kahlua with coffee mugs, wine with wine glasses, martini kits. They have all the big name brands and the prices are good and everything's packed all ready for shipping.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We make our own limoncello, too, and I gotta tell you, Princess' sukks. Way too sweet.

Fern

Limoncella, it comes from the Sorrento area of Italy - it's fabulous. (By the way Princess cruise ship chefs make their own and it is only served as an after dinner drink in the dining room not in the bars.)

mamiecarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please post instriction to make limonchello

This stuff is so good. I have thought about trying but don't know how. Please post the secret. Thanks!!

Last edited:

Mimi39

TUG Member
Reaction score
I liked the Princess limoncella, but, Fern, please post your recipe, I'd like to try a less sweet version :cheer:

sammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw several Limoncella gift packs available for the holidays. And what I learned on this trip is that these gift packs do not add $$, you basically get the bonus item for free. Nice to know you can get a pretty presentation-ready gift without paying for the extra -- what I usually consider poor quality and not needed.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Limoncello Recipe

I started a new thread for the recipe. You can find our recipe for limoncello here. Let me know how you like it.

Fern

I liked the Princess limoncella, but, Fern, please post your recipe, I'd like to try a less sweet version :cheer: