• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Link between Marriott Hotel side and MVC

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I just booked a reservation with my DC Trust Points. It is showing up in my Marriott Rewards hotel account. However, the reservation I booked with my post-2010 week does not show up in my MR Rewards account. Folks have said Marriott hotel and MVC are separate companies. So why do my DC Trust reservations show up in my Marriott Rewards hotel account?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your post-2010 week reservation should show up in your MR account. Did you call MVC to make the booking? Sometimes they mess it up and the MR# gets dropped. It happened once to me when I asked them to lock it off. You should call MVC to make sure that they attach the MR# to the booking. It is usually automatic.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I just booked a reservation with my DC Trust Points. It is showing up in my Marriott Rewards hotel account. However, the reservation I booked with my post-2010 week does not show up in my MR Rewards account. Folks have said Marriott hotel and MVC are separate companies. So why do my DC Trust reservations show up in my Marriott Rewards hotel account?

While MVC and Marriott International (hotels) are indeed separate companies, the agreements between the two companies allow MVC access to the Marriott International Reservations systems, so all MVC bookings are supposed to also appear in the Marriott International reservation system, which facilitates Marriott Rewards credit and and other linkages that accrued to all "Marriott" brands.

drlee

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only consistent problem with your reservations appearing in the reservation list are interval trades. These too will appear with a call to insure your Marriott number is attached to your reservation. But your post June 2010 reservations should appear automatically.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
[T]he reservation I booked with my post-2010 week does not show up in my MR Rewards account.... So why do my DC Trust reservations show up in my Marriott Rewards hotel account?
Assuming your week DOES appear in your MVCI account a phone call to Marriott with your reservation number should fix it. There is a known intermittent bug with MVCI reservations not showing up in MR...

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/2017-mvc-reservations-not-showing-up-on-marriott.244256/

If you are seeing this for every reservation you make with your week it could be that it is in a slightly different name then the DPs and/or your MR account. As someone with a middle name and a suffix (that for years NY's DMV insisted on spelling '3rd' instead of 'III') I've run into this problem.

jeepie

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a first step to check, you may want to go to Marriott.com and search for your reservation number by name. I assume you will be able to find it. Then, call Marriott Rewards and see why it’s not automatically showing. Cheers.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Thanks, I will call them this week. The post-2010 reservation shows up in a separate section of the MR website and I need to navigate to find it. But all my other hotel and DC Point reservations show up in the "My Reservations" section. I have asked Marriott about it and they tell me it's there but that I need to look it up differently. Then I do that and I find it. I just wonder why it is not included in "My Reservations." I have one upcoming II reservation that I purchased as a Getaway. Do Getaways also show up in the MR system?

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will call them this week. The post-2010 reservation shows up in a separate section of the MR website and I need to navigate to find it. But all my other hotel and DC Point reservations show up in the "My Reservations"section. I have asked Marriott about it and they tell me it's there but that I need to look it up differently. Then I do that and I find it. I just wonder why it is not included in "My Reservations." I have one upcoming II reservation that I purchased as a Getaway. Do Getaways also show up in the MR system?
Getaways and II exchanges do not show up in MR system. Some reported that they could add it manually when an "edit" button shows up next to the name after manually searching for it in MR system. When there is no edit button you cannot add it. I do not bother to call to add anymore. Some agents would do it and some don't. I just make sure that the number shows up in the pre-arrival email and the number usually is already on it. If not, I just add it in my pre-arrival preference email in my response.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Getaways and II exchanges do not show up in MR system. Some reported that they could add it manually when an "edit" button shows up next to the name after manually searching for it in MR system. When there is no edit button you cannot add it. I do not bother to call to add anymore. Some agents would do it and some don't. I just make sure that the number shows up in the pre-arrival email and the numbers usually are already on it. If not, I just add it in my pre-arrival preference email in my response.

Do you get any MR points for II exchanges and getaways?