• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

LIMITLESS VACATIONS

4TimeAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa, Kohala
It's because the buyers were lured in to the presentation with a gift. The buyers came for the gift and don't want to leave without it. So the sales people just hold on to the gift until the buyers are worn down, even if it takes longer than the originally agreed-upon 90 minutes.

Please tell me the Salespeople didn't lie about the gift? Or how much time?

..... I'm sure they will tell the full and complete truth about the "deal" they are pitching.

Honestly, the idea of a timeshare should be an easy sale. It’s just the 10x+ price markup that messes with people.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please tell me the Salespeople didn't lie about the gift? Or how much time?

..... I'm sure they will tell the full and complete truth about the "deal" they are pitching.

Honestly, the idea of a timeshare should be an easy sale. It’s just the 10x+ price markup that messes with people.
They don't lie about the gift. The buyers still get the gift no matter what. The time is one of the lies, but it's not really the sales people who tell these lies. It's the front desk people or the body snatchers at the airport. They tell the buyers it's just a 90-minute presentation. However, there is no enforcement for the 90-minute limit. The sales people know this and they exploit it. It looks like you joined TUG less than two months ago. If you could just read some of the horror stories others have told here on TUG how these "90-minute" presentations turned into four or five hours, well...

I will disagree with you that "the idea of a timeshare should be an easy sale". A sales person or team basically has 90 minutes or so to convince a couple to spend, on the spot, $25,000 or so, of money they don't have on something they don't really need, and is worth anywhere from negative value to about $1000.

Is it any wonder many sales people resort to such low sales tactics?

md1844

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott St. Kitts Beach Club, Diamond Hawaii Collection, Diamond US Collection
Just an updated on my status. For now I have sent emails with attached signed rescind letters to both Limitless Vacations in Arizona assuming the contract is governed by the Limitless Vacations Terms and Conditions, and to Vidanta Customer service in case it is governed by Mexico law ARTICLE 56 of Ley Federal de Protección al Consumidor.

I CCd consumerinfo@azag.gov for the Limitless Vacations email (Arizona) and extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx for the Vidanta email. I received an acknowledgement email from Vidanta customer service, so I have a record that they received the email.

Limitless vacations state in their T&C that email is sufficient to cancel, and ARTICLE 56 of Ley Federal de Protección al Consumidor. state in person, registered mail "and by other reliable means". So I'm assuming an email that they have acknowledged receiving is considered a "reliable means".

So it looks like I have all my bases covered?
What email addresses did you send your notice of recission to?

clink

Reaction score
I almost bought this limitless vacations membership, but I got cold feet when they told me my account would take up to a month to be activated.

They offered
  • 2 Vidanta weeks + fees
  • 2 Weeks at international hotels for $499 each week
  • Savings through the website limitless vacations / gofreedomclub
  • A total "refund" as credit to spend on the booking website (limitlessvacations)
They offered all this for $1,985 USD.
My question is: Have anyone actually used these 2 weeks to book a hotel successfully?

They promised that I could even book extremely expensive hotels at peak season (such as the The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park during Xmas-New Years week) for this same fee of $499 USD
This sounds too good to be true, what's the catch here? Did I miss something?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I almost bought this limitless vacations membership, but I got cold feet when they told me my account would take up to a month to be activated.

They offered
  • 2 Vidanta weeks + fees
  • 2 Weeks at international hotels for $499 each week
  • Savings through the website limitless vacations / gofreedomclub
  • A total "refund" as credit to spend on the booking website (limitlessvacations)
They offered all this for $1,985 USD.
My question is: Have anyone actually used these 2 weeks to book a hotel successfully?

They promised that I could even book extremely expensive hotels at peak season (such as the The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park during Xmas-New Years week) for this same fee of $499 USD
This sounds too good to be true, what's the catch here? Did I miss something?

You were smart enough not to swallow the Kool Aid.........