• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Liberty Place No Longer Bookable Online

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I've been watching availability at Liberty Place in Charleston for some time, in preparation for booking a mid-November long weekend stay. Friday 2/12 was when my booking window was supposed to open for my dates, so I was going to try to grab a unit at midnight tomorrow night. It's been bookable online for late summer and fall 2021 as recently as last night just after midnight (up through a 11/13 checkout), but I just went online again and it is now showing "Resort Not Open. Reservations cannot be made at this time." Has anyone heard any recent news about why there has been a sudden change?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have a reservation for august. I just noticed I can't cancel it. That link is not there anymore. Not sure what is up. I do see that is showing as not able to make a reservation. Maybe they are delaying the opening? Haven't seen anything official yet.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I got an answer to what the issue is with Liberty Place.

I talked to Customer Service and was told they received a message from management saying that they were changing Liberty Place from being bookable online to being only bookable by phone. She said she did not know why that decision was made.

I was able to call in this morning and book the dates we wanted in mid-November for our wedding anniversary weekend.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The city recently extended Covid regulations concerning capacity and sanitary conditions.
Perhaps local management wanted to closely control it's use to ensure social distancing.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I got an answer to what the issue is with Liberty Place.

I talked to Customer Service and was told they received a message from management saying that they were changing Liberty Place from being bookable online to being only bookable by phone. She said she did not know why that decision was made.

I was able to call in this morning and book the dates we wanted in mid-November for our wedding anniversary weekend.

Thanks for figuring that out. That’s kind of backwards from what HGVC has been doing lately. I wonder why they would be implementing this? Could it be that Liberty Place is the one that’s disrupting the system? Maybe the booking window difference between LP and the rest of bHC is causing issues? I don’t know how that might work, but I’m at loss as to why they would go backwards. Is La Pacifica able to be booked online? They have the same booking window as Liberty Place.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Thanks for figuring that out. That’s kind of backwards from what HGVC has been doing lately. I wonder why they would be implementing this? Could it be that Liberty Place is the one that’s disrupting the system? Maybe the booking window difference between LP and the rest of bHC is causing issues? I don’t know how that might work, but I’m at loss as to why they would go backwards. Is La Pacifica able to be booked online? They have the same booking window as Liberty Place.

According to the web site, La Pacifica is only available for booking home week reservations.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
The city recently extended Covid regulations concerning capacity and sanitary conditions.
Perhaps local management wanted to closely control it's use to ensure social distancing.
If that were the reason they could have just as easily done that by limiting the units available online. The change wasn’t implemented until the reservation window had advanced to about Nov 13, so I don’t see how it could be COVID related. I suspect it’s something else.

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been watching availability at Liberty Place in Charleston for some time, in preparation for booking a mid-November long weekend stay. Friday 2/12 was when my booking window was supposed to open for my dates, so I was going to try to grab a unit at midnight tomorrow night. It's been bookable online for late summer and fall 2021 as recently as last night just after midnight (up through a 11/13 checkout), but I just went online again and it is now showing "Resort Not Open. Reservations cannot be made at this time." Has anyone heard any recent news about why there has been a sudden change?

It is bookable online now...

1614272216031.png

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
It is bookable online now...

View attachment 32736

Interesting. I wonder why they took online booking away for two weeks only to bring it back? The HGVC rep I talked to earlier in the month said they had received an email notifying them it was going to phone-only booking, but now online is back. Strange.

I'm glad I was watching availability for a few days heading into the booking window for the dates we wanted, so I found out about the change a couple days in advance and was able to be ready to call in instead. We got the nights we wanted, but booking online is so much easier. Glad its back, and looking forward to checking out Liberty Place in November.