• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Let’s share our journey for those of us that want to pursue a healthier lifestyle to lose weight.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I decided to start Optavia. I found a very committed Optavia health coach on Facebook and spoke to her for about 30+ minutes today. She seems very enthusiastic about helping her clients and that is inspiring. So I made my first month‘s order with her. She said the food should arrive in about a week. I will pick a specific day to start when I am very committed so I have the best chance of success. I am hoping I will lose 20-30 pounds with Optavia.
Good for you for trying Optavia. I love it, and I love all of the tips on our Facebook group, which is Strive4Health. If you are on the group, say hi to me. I can tell you my full name via PM.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Good for you for trying Optavia. I love it, and I love all of the tips on our Facebook group, which is Strive4Health. If you are on the group, say hi to me. I can tell you my full name via PM.

My Optavia food just arrived today. I am going to start tomorrow. I found a great health coach through Facebook. I wanted someone really dedicated and committed rather than just getting assigned to someone randomly. So I searched around Facebook to find a coach who would be a good fit for me.

I just looked for your Strive4Health Facebook group and I can't find it. My coach invited me to the Live Right FB group. It is a "secret" group that only your health coach can invite you to join. It has over 38,000 members.

Any advice for getting started?

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I am 72 pounds down on Optavia, but I honestly have not weighed myself for well over two weeks, really probably 3 weeks. I am staying on program, so I should be down another pound or two from my last weigh in. I feel thinner, actually, so I assume I am thinner. My scale is not here it is at our townhouse because we had to use it to weigh thin-set mortar to lay tiles in our bathrooms.

We drove to Myrtle Beach to stay at Sheraton Broadway Plantation on 7/26. We spent two nights at SBP and then got calls from Life Alert and from Rick's brother that Helen, Rick's stepmom went into the hospital after a pretty serious stroke. She fell down in her bathroom in the middle of the night, about 2:30 AM on Tuesday. With Rick her medical power of attorney, we had to be there. The one time we don't fly!!! We chose to stay safe with Covid. We left the resort, packed our car and drove back home to Denver, 1,700+ miles, in two days.

There was hope that Helen would rally, but alas, she had a second devastating stroke on Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning. When the doctor did his rounds on Wednesday, he called Rick right away and said she was much worse and wouldn't make it. "How far are you away?" Rick told him we were at least 13 hours of driving ahead of us. They kept her blood pressure elevated until we got there, and she was on a ventilantor. We arrived to see her barely alive and not conscious or moving at all. She was basically gone. They pulled her off of the ventilator. I couldn't watch but Rick was so good about it. Keep in mind that he was a firefighter and EMT for 40 years, so he has seen many people die or dead. I have never seen anyone dead until this night. I talked to the nurse that was in the room with us, while she was being pulled off the ventilator.

So we left our three-year-old granddaughter in Myrtle Beach (they are still there at the Marriott) just to come back and plan a funeral. This is not a good summer. I miss my mother-in-law. We talked to her every day. She was such a sweetheart. She went to Maui, Kauai, Oahu and the Big Island with us. Oahu once, Big Island once, but Maui and Kauai multiple times. We think 16 trips to the islands with us over the years, always two weeks at a time. She also went to Disneyland with us one week and loved it. She had never been to any Disney park, so it was very fun for her and for us to show her everything Disney.
So sorry for your loss.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another week, another 1.25 pounds lost. It is slowing down but I now have less to lose. I have been lucky for the last 12 weeks I have lost every week, no plateau.

The best, I will say it again, is the clarity of my mind. My food was drugging me for years. The added benefit is now I know the girl in the mirror and I smile at her.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am 72 pounds down on Optavia, but I honestly have not weighed myself for well over two weeks, really probably 3 weeks. I am staying on program, so I should be down another pound or two from my last weigh in. I feel thinner, actually, so I assume I am thinner. My scale is not here it is at our townhouse because we had to use it to weigh thin-set mortar to lay tiles in our bathrooms.

We drove to Myrtle Beach to stay at Sheraton Broadway Plantation on 7/26. We spent two nights at SBP and then got calls from Life Alert and from Rick's brother that Helen, Rick's stepmom went into the hospital after a pretty serious stroke. She fell down in her bathroom in the middle of the night, about 2:30 AM on Tuesday. With Rick her medical power of attorney, we had to be there. The one time we don't fly!!! We chose to stay safe with Covid. We left the resort, packed our car and drove back home to Denver, 1,700+ miles, in two days.

There was hope that Helen would rally, but alas, she had a second devastating stroke on Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning. When the doctor did his rounds on Wednesday, he called Rick right away and said she was much worse and wouldn't make it. "How far are you away?" Rick told him we were at least 13 hours of driving ahead of us. They kept her blood pressure elevated until we got there, and she was on a ventilantor. We arrived to see her barely alive and not conscious or moving at all. She was basically gone. They pulled her off of the ventilator. I couldn't watch but Rick was so good about it. Keep in mind that he was a firefighter and EMT for 40 years, so he has seen many people die or dead. I have never seen anyone dead until this night. I talked to the nurse that was in the room with us, while she was being pulled off the ventilator.

So we left our three-year-old granddaughter in Myrtle Beach (they are still there at the Marriott) just to come back and plan a funeral. This is not a good summer. I miss my mother-in-law. We talked to her every day. She was such a sweetheart. She went to Maui, Kauai, Oahu and the Big Island with us. Oahu once, Big Island once, but Maui and Kauai multiple times. We think 16 trips to the islands with us over the years, always two weeks at a time. She also went to Disneyland with us one week and loved it. She had never been to any Disney park, so it was very fun for her and for us to show her everything Disney.
Wow and Pow.
Just read through several pages to catch up. Several times I shed tears of joy for you, Cindy. I decided to read until the end to comment. What a shock to learn of your elderly friends passing. Decided to call her that since I wasn't sure how you referred to her. (Rick's stepmom?) From your memories, I think she was a dear friend and will be missed. I am sorry about the timing of her passing.

Back to your weight loss. I am so proud of you!
Early in your journey I told my sister of your success with Optiva. She is obese and needs a hip replacement badly. She is barely able to get around, using a walker or cane. The goal is 50 pounds before they will do her hip surgery. She hasn't made much progress. About 2 years ago her doctor suggested Optiva. At that time she told me it was "too expensive" . She was dealing with her husband's illness (multiple myeloma) and I accepted that she couldn't take on one more thing. He passed last November. After reading your postings I decided to share some snippets of your success. She has two objections -- valid
(1) cost (she has 100,000x more than I do in savings), so not valid.
(2) doesn't want to be in a food "program"

My latest strategy was to say -- "just do it to lose the 50 pounds so you can have surgery. " No response.

I think a food addiction resembles a drug/alcohol problem in many ways, the first being denial. And that another cannot force change.

So again, congratulations for recognizing you had a problem with food and taking steps to conquer it. Hallelujah!

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I loved reading everything in here (except @rickandcindy23 -- I'm so sorry about what you are dealing with).
Great job everyone. And @TravelTime -- keep us apprised on your Optivia experience.

My Peloton arrives on Friday and I CANNOT WAIT!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
My mother-in-law was a very important part of our lives for the last 16 years, so much so that we called her every day to check on her at 8:30 AM, give or take a few minutes. We took her on most of our Hawaii vacations. I asked her to go every trip, but she decided not to go this past March. She just wasn't up to it. Then we were going in June, and Covid happened. She was sorry she didn't just go in March, but I invited my stepdad to go for part of the time we were there, so that wouldn't work.

Rick and his dad Monty, nickname for Montrose, our last name, had a strained relationship. I think it started when we asked him not to smoke at our house. He was a chain smoker. Their relationship had a strange dynamic. Rick became a firefighter for Denver, following Monty, who was also with Denver, thus Monty's nickname. The guys called Rick Monty a lot. Rick looks so much like him, even more than Ronnie and a lot more than Mike. When he died 8/12/2004, Rick didn't really mourn for his dad all that much. This time, with Helen, he has been very tearful, as have I. We were going to have Helen's funeral on Tuesday, and then we all realized that Monty died on 8/12/2004, so that would be a good date for her funeral. It also worked for Mike's work schedule.

Rick built her a Trex deck last summer. It is the nicest thing about her house. He also built her a shed the year before last. She loved being outside. She turned 92 this past June, so he felt the urge to get that deck done, and she used it almost every day, even cooler days. I see that deck when we go over to her house and just feel so sad that she only used it a year. He finished about a year ago, actually. It was hot July when he finished. It was a labor of love, and she was so grateful. Such a gracious lady. I hope I leave such an impression on my kids and grandkids at my death that she did.

Change of subject. I am down 74 pounds. I am really six pounds to goal, or four pounds would be okay. My advice on the program is to jump in with both feet, never cheat on it, because it puts you back two or three days, drink a lot of water, even more than suggested in the book (64 ounces), eat fish as much as you can, eat lean chicken more than red meat (but I am a big red meat lover, so that is tough). I have frozen shrimp and this marvelous seafood sauce that has more flavor than cocktail sauce that I use, but I use it sparingly. I toss about 21 smaller frozen shrimp with the sauce and then sit and enjoy it cold. It's my favorite.

Vegetables are so easy for me to eat, it's not been tough to get the green part of the program in. I love broccoli, cauliflower, and green beans best. I also love salad with romaine, tomato, cucumber, celery, all tossed with a little light ranch dressing. It's by far my favorite green. I make crustless quiche a lot, but I use whole eggs now and no egg substitutes, which are nasty. I add lowfat cheese, broccoli, ham, and it's a great meal for me. I also am doing cream in the quiche, which is a big no-no on the program, but that quiche >has been great as a treat once in a while.

I have plateaued and started some exercise. I may not eat that quiche for about the next six weeks and see if I can get that last six pounds gone. I may go back to the basics for a bit, not that the recipes are boring. I love the Stuffed Pepper Skillet with peppers, cheese, riced cauliflower, lean ground beef, canned tomatoes. It's a great thing to make ahead and then eat for a few days.

Another favorite of mine is cauliflower crust pizza. I don't have food allergies, so I use cheese and egg and riced cauliflower for the crusts. Those are something Rick and I make ahead and freeze, then I take them out, add some marinara sauce a little more mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, green peppers and no meat. It's really such a treat for me to eat a pizza on program. I love that meal.

With Covid, we have been saving a lot of money eating in. I am unable to enjoy a meal out now. We have gone to Texas Roadhouse twice, and it wasn't all that fun. I won't be doing that again for a while, not until things go back to normal.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I just completed week 1 of Optavia. I have lost 5 pounds. I am very happy with this. I know it will probably slow down to 1-2 pounds per week. I am trying to have realistic expectations.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just completed week 1 of Optavia. I have lost 5 pounds. I am very happy with this. I know it will probably slow down to 1-2 pounds per week. I am trying to have realistic expectations.
That is great. First two weeks usually includes a water weight drop. I was losing 2 pounds a week for the first 8 weeks and now 1.25-1.5 a week. Did you find it easy?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is great. First two weeks usually includes a water weight drop. I was losing 2 pounds a week for the first 8 weeks and now 1.25-1.5 a week. Did you find it easy?

Yes it is very easy. It gets easier with time. The food tastes better as the program goes on and you adjust to the taste. I am feeling satisfied on the program. I will be happy with 1-2 pounds per week going forward.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes it is very easy. It gets easier with time. The food tastes better as the program goes on and you adjust to the taste. I am feeling satisfied on the program. I will be happy with 1-2 pounds per week going forward.
My losses have slowed to more like one pound every 3 weeks. I have only six pounds to go.

How much do you want to lose?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My losses have slowed to more like one pound every 3 weeks. I have only six pounds to go.

How much do you want to lose?

Not too much. That is why I am surprised I lost 5 pounds in week 1. It was probably water weight. I was at the top of the normal weight BMI when I started. I have three goals:
Goal 1: Lose 12 pounds to get to mid range BMI.
Goal 2: Lose 5 more pounds to have wiggle room.
Stretch Goal 3: Lose 5 more pounds to be slim and trim.

I will be happy to reach goal 1. The other two goals would be icing on the cake (no pun intended).

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had 80 pounds to lose. I am very happy with the program, but my sister and I had a visit last night, and she has gained weight after going off the program. She warned me, but I told her I am not going to gain my weight back. I have no intention of ever being over my goal weight ever again. I am going to do the work involved. I am reading Dr. A's book from beginning to end again. It's important for me to keep the weight off. After all, I got rid of a lot of bigger clothes I really loved. I am not going to replace those bigger sizes. I like my new clothes. And there are a lot fewer of the new clothes, so I have room in my closet for more.

Just wish I could go on vacation and enjoy myself somewhere other than home.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had 80 pounds to lose. I am very happy with the program, but my sister and I had a visit last night, and she has gained weight after going off the program. She warned me, but I told her I am not going to gain my weight back. I have no intention of ever being over my goal weight ever again. I am going to do the work involved. I am reading Dr. A's book from beginning to end again. It's important for me to keep the weight off. After all, I got rid of a lot of bigger clothes I really loved. I am not going to replace those bigger sizes. I like my new clothes. And there are a lot fewer of the new clothes, so I have room in my closet for more.

You can do it! You just need to be methodical after you get to goal weight and transition into maintenance. I lost 70 pounds about 8 years ago aNd maintained my stretch goal weight for 5 years. I was vigilant in those 5 years. Then I allowed myself to be lenient and I regained some weight. This is why I want to lose the regained weight and keep it off.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I am not worried. This program works.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am not worried. This program works.
Oh, I know. It's just scary to think that my sister lost her weight, got to goal, then gained a lot of her pounds back. She is not at the same place I am right now, apparently. I am fed up with being overweight. I am just a few pounds from goal. Wish I had my scale in my house.

Today, I am thinking my galbladder needs to come out. I am starting to have that pain a lot lately, that right-side ache that reminds me that I still haven't done that. I had cream cheese jalapenos yesterday, and they are wrapped in bacon. I rarely cheat on the program, but they were so delicious. My daughter-in-law makes them, and those are not on plan at all. Now my galbladder is really bad today. I am a goof for eating those things. She is doing keto and looks amazing. She is always thin, but she has had some tummy fat, and her keto diet is just flattening that tummy, the diet and the Peloton she got for her 40th birthday.

So you two Optavia folks, what are your favorite fuelings? My favorites have changed from my beginning point. I like the rustic penne with a little added parmesan/mozzarella, the chocolate mint bars (taste so great to me), the s'mores bars, the cinnamon crunchy o's, and the vanilla shakes. I just had a dark chocolate cherry shake, and it's one of my last ones. That used to be my favorite. I notice those are no longer available on the Optavia website. I used to really like the orange ones, too.

My worst fueling was always the disgusting chicken noodle soup one. I choked those down and drank tons of water to finish those off. I didn't like the blueberry cereal, either, but I had those just once in a while, and the last two or three, I was thinking those were pretty delish. I added sweetener to make them better, and a few tablespoons of almond milk.

I am trying the pudding for the first time in my next order.

I am thinking of being a coach. I have six or seven friends that are watching my progress. Two are really wanting to know more about the program. That would put me out of my comfort zone a bit, but I could be such a blessing to two of my closest friends who have a lot of weight to lose. It's been a miracle for me.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh, I know. It's just scary to think that my sister lost her weight, got to goal, then gained a lot of her pounds back. She is not at the same place I am right now, apparently. I am fed up with being overweight. I am just a few pounds from goal. Wish I had my scale in my house.

Today, I am thinking my galbladder needs to come out. I am starting to have that pain a lot lately, that right-side ache that reminds me that I still haven't done that. I had cream cheese jalapenos yesterday, and they are wrapped in bacon. I rarely cheat on the program, but they were so delicious. My daughter-in-law makes them, and those are not on plan at all. Now my galbladder is really bad today. I am a goof for eating those things. She is doing keto and looks amazing. She is always thin, but she has had some tummy fat, and her keto diet is just flattening that tummy, the diet and the Peloton she got for her 40th birthday.

So you two Optavia folks, what are your favorite fuelings? My favorites have changed from my beginning point. I like the rustic penne with a little added parmesan/mozzarella, the chocolate mint bars (taste so great to me), the s'mores bars, the cinnamon crunchy o's, and the vanilla shakes. I just had a dark chocolate cherry shake, and it's one of my last ones. That used to be my favorite. I notice those are no longer available on the Optavia website. I used to really like the orange ones, too.

My worst fueling was always the disgusting chicken noodle soup one. I choked those down and drank tons of water to finish those off. I didn't like the blueberry cereal, either, but I had those just once in a while, and the last two or three, I was thinking those were pretty delish. I added sweetener to make them better, and a few tablespoons of almond milk.

I am trying the pudding for the first time in my next order.

I am thinking of being a coach. I have six or seven friends that are watching my progress. Two are really wanting to know more about the program. That would put me out of my comfort zone a bit, but I could be such a blessing to two of my closest friends who have a lot of weight to lose. It's been a miracle for me.
I have consistently been losing. Another 1 1/2 pounds this week. I intentionally increased my protein as I wanted to slow my weight loss so my skin can catch up. So instead of losing 2 pounds a week I am now 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 a week and it has helped. I haven’t been the weight I am now for the past 8 years. A few more pounds and it will be the last 15 years.

My favorite is the dark Cherry bar but remember I am limited because of having to be gluten free. I also like the garlic potatoes, make lots of things from them, the bbq crunch, chocolate chip cookie, biscuits and dark chocolate shake. The other stuff I do not order. Interesting you like the cinnamon o’s. I can’t eat them. They taste like medicine to me.

If your thinking of being a coach, try it. You can always stop if it doesn’t work for you.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
congrats to all who are losing weight, Esp. Panina--you go girl! I've decided to join this thread and lose some weight!

I'm 57, 5'5" and 173 lbs. I have an apple shape (which I know is higher cardio risk). I didn't think that I looked "that bad." I wear size 12 Ann Taylor. But, I'm at 29.5 BMI and I know that's not OK. I was 125lbs at 24, size 4. That'll never happen again after kids and my body is just not designed to be 125lbs. I was 165 in my 30/40s went to a high of 184 in 2015, when I cut out anything "white" and dropped 10 lbs in 2 months. I've been 173ish since then. I "watch" what I eat (but not really)-I would never eat a whole paneras bagel (but I'd eat 1/2), I'll have a mini bag of chips with lunch, and since Covid, I've had the never ending snacking on nuts, a serving of ice cream after dinner, etc. I'm lucky I haven't gained weight!
My 2021 goal for my health and appearance is 155 by April 1 (170 by mid-Sept, 165 Thanksgiving, 160 Feb 1)--then maintain for 2 years before going further.
You'd think 20 lbs would be easy--but why haven't I done it in the past 5+ years???
I looked into Optivia, but have decided to DIY WW at 22 points a day for the next month an then evaluate. I'm adding an Atkins/South Beach hybrid of limiting carbs, lean proteins, lots of veggies, limited fruits, because that's how I dropped 10 lbs before.
If someone doesn't see me post how it's going in a week, please hold me accountable--a friendly PM is welcome. Elaine

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
congrats to all who are losing weight, Esp. Panina--you go girl! I've decided to join this thread and lose some weight!

I'm 57, 5'5" and 173 lbs. I have an apple shape (which I know is higher cardio risk). I didn't think that I looked "that bad." I wear size 12 Ann Taylor. But, I'm at 29.5 BMI and I know that's not OK. I was 125lbs at 24, size 4. That'll never happen again after kids and my body is just not designed to be 125lbs. I was 165 in my 30/40s went to a high of 184 in 2015, when I cut out anything "white" and dropped 10 lbs in 2 months. I've been 173ish since then. I "watch" what I eat (but not really)-I would never eat a whole paneras bagel (but I'd eat 1/2), I'll have a mini bag of chips with lunch, and since Covid, I've had the never ending snacking on nuts, a serving of ice cream after dinner, etc. I'm lucky I haven't gained weight!
My 2021 goal for my health and appearance is 155 by April 1 (170 by mid-Sept, 165 Thanksgiving, 160 Feb 1)--then maintain for 2 years before going further.
You'd think 20 lbs would be easy--but why haven't I done it in the past 5+ years???
I looked into Optivia, but have decided to DIY WW at 22 points a day for the next month an then evaluate. I'm adding an Atkins/South Beach hybrid of limiting carbs, lean proteins, lots of veggies, limited fruits, because that's how I dropped 10 lbs before.
If someone doesn't see me post how it's going in a week, please hold me accountable--a friendly PM is welcome. Elaine
Welcome to the journey of getting healthier. Just remember to be kind to yourself. Why in the past we cannot change, we just have to be ready.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple posts on this page mention food having a drug effect. I'm in full agreement.

I was telling my yoga buddies (Who are actually my two neighbors that stretch with me in our yards. It's great staring up into the trees.) that when I'm tired or stressed there are some cravings so strong it's like wanting a drug. Milkshakes come to mind at the top. I can't remember a time when I haven't craved milkshakes. They were my go to lunch in high school. That was 50+ years ago. After that I made a meal off a shake from McDonalds (old recipe) or Steak n' Shake.

Before changing my eating style last October my fav shakes were Wendy's frosty, Potbelly Vanilla or Chik fil A. The fact that I felt crummy after drinking one wasn't a deterrent.

Changing the way we were eating was a change of habits. Covid stopped us from the restaurant habit. It was a hard habit to quit. There have been many times I just wanted the convenience to go get food prepared by someone else. Yet the thought was so unappealing. We were enjoying home cooking so much that most every restaurant was mediocre. As we found more and more new foods to replace the old habits it got easier. Having good snacks or leftovers on hand for convenience was a major score.

That has been the key for us. Having delicious, desirable replacements that we believe are a double win because they also seem much better for our overall health has given us the drive to choose the better option.

I finally have formulated a recipe to replace any milkshake from the old list of cravings. The mental battle is gone. Just gone.

Some may say it's a smoothie. That's ok. The full fat yogurt gives me the same satisfaction as a milkshake. I think the whey adds creaminess.

My Recipe

ice
1/4-1/2 C water
1/4 - 1/3 C plain yogurt
1 tsp. - 1 Tbsp Baobab powder (THM)
2 Tbsp. Collagen/Whey mixture
1 heaping tsp. vanilla
stevia or monk fruit to taste
1/2 banana
4-5 pieces frozen peach

blend in Nutribullet

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just stop eating after 9 pm and before bed time. Cut back on sodas, french fries, candy bars and pizzas

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
My weight has crept up this past spring and summer...thanks covid and stress. I was eating whatever, whenever. Caught a reflection of myself in the window and it’s stunning how overweight I look. Agh! Back to healthy eating, 3 meals a day, mostly vegan with no added oil and salt. I’m also someone who needs to weigh herself every day without fail to stay on track. My ds borrowed my scale so I kind of let that slip by, adding to weight gain. Need to lose 30 pounds and hope to drop the first 10 quickly. Thankful for my neighborhood friend who likes to walk every morning together...makes exercise that much more fun.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just stop eating after 9 pm and before bed time. Cut back on sodas, french fries, candy bars and pizzas
Spoken like a man! Rick loses weight like that. He is currently eating sugary brownies and key lime pie for dessert. He ate jambalaya with tons of rice last night, while I just had the shrimp and a nice salad with homegrown tomatoes.

When Rick wants to lose weight, he will only take dessert out of the day. He will still eat his candy and french fries during the day. He is thin right now and his 32" pants are falling down to his hips as we finish some work at the townhouse we are remodeling (it's taking forever). He is right at 6 feet tall and is weighing about 175. Men have more muscle mass, and that makes a slight change very effective for guys.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Spoken like a man! Rick loses weight like that. He is currently eating sugary brownies and key lime pie for dessert. He ate jambalaya with tons of rice last night, while I just had the shrimp and a nice salad with homegrown tomatoes.

When Rick wants to lose weight, he will only take dessert out of the day. He will still eat his candy and french fries during the day. He is thin right now and his 32" pants are falling down to his hips as we finish some work at the townhouse we are remodeling (it's taking forever). He is right at 6 feet tall and is weighing about 175. Men have more muscle mass, and that makes a slight change very effective for guys.
Spoken like a married spouse (LOL):ROFLMAO:, that love and cared about the health of her man. Thank you!. I wish, I was 175 pounds and 6 feet tall. I am only 5 feet & 11 1/2 inches tall at 195 pounds. When I drop those five (5) extra pounds, I really feel weak. So I try to stay between 195 and 199 pounds, I feel great right now. I wear a 34" pants and they too are falling down to my hips..