• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lengthy Wait Times to Speak With Marriott Rep re: Reservations

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Maybe it's time that Marriott stopped letting people reserve premium weeks for trading purposes. Starwood did this.

It would allow those who want to enjoy their resorts many more premium weeks to choose from.

Just a thought.

Well, if they're going to prohibit exchanges of premium weeks, then I'd like to see them prohibit private rentals of premium weeks as well.

Please understand, though, I don't have a problem with owners who use the system the way it's currently set up - if Marriott allows it then IMO owners aren't doing anything wrong by exchanging and renting premium weeks.

I just think that if Marriott is going to be asked to do one thing that might limit usage of premium weeks to owners' occupancy, then they should be asked to do any and all things that might further that agenda.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to add a little history - and this is only my opinion. I believe Marriott let TS (MVC) owners have the 5-night option because the total MR points needed on these 5-night hotel stay packages are 'close' to the total points required for the 7-night hotel stays packages before Marriott last devalued their MR points in 2009. My guess is Marriott thought this would appease some TS owners, some who purchased with the thought (as illustrated by the friendly TS salesman at the time) of being able to make use of these travel packages (but for 7 nights).

That is correct. The points for 5-day are similar to what the pre price increase 7-day travel package are.
For me it works great, since I will use it when I need a 5-day somewhere, get the miles then use my time-share if I want a seven day.

As to the comment before (and to the topic of these thread), I book one of these each year and have never had to call MVCI number, always done through regular Marriott Rewards desk.