• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Leave for Weston Friday - any advice

Blitz

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Any last minute advice for Weston FL? We leave Friday to stay at Vacation Village at Weston, traveling with my husband and 14 yr old daughter.

Would like to see the everglades, but don't think we want to spend the whole day. Trade off for my daughter going here is that we go shopping.

Will go to Ft Lauderdale beaches and my daughter would like to see Miami.

I'm looking forward to 70's instead of 30's!

Cat

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
VV at Weston used to give a coupon for an Everglades tour for a very reasonable price. Think the company was called Holiday Everglades Tour, or something similar. It was a great tour, and didn't tie up the whole day (the tour lasted about 90 minutes.) The ride to the place was about 15 minutes or so, if memory serves. We went twice, on two separate occasions. We haven't been to VV for a couple of years, so don't know if they still offer the coupon. Be sure to ask at check-in.

As for going to the beach, plan to leave after 9AM and to start your return trip no later than 2:30, to avoid the parking lot that I-95 becomes. Rush hours here are BRUTAL, so be advised that if you go outside of those times, you'll likely be stuck in bumper-to-bumper, stopped traffic.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you go to Everglades National Park, it would take some time. A great trip would be to drive south on Hwy 997 to Hwy 41. then go west to Shark Valley and take the tram tour. That was very intersting. Or you can go further south on 997 and then go over to the other entrance to the National Park and go on some of the boardwalks. When we went, a good part of this section was closed due to damage from Hurricane Wilma. There are also airboat tours operating in this area, and a large, famous fruitstand. This area is lined with nurseries.

aptiva

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did the 2 hour Holiday Everglade Tour. It was good enough. No coupon given but just average priced.
Also did a day tour to Miami. Signed up at the Monday morning Orientation
breakfast that you will probably go to. Well worth the price, rather than try to navigate traffic in Miami.
We stayed @ Mizner Place which is about 2-3 miles down Bonaventure from where you will be. Alot of restaurants, nice little shopping centre in this area.

Blitz

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thank you all!

I'm looking forward to relaxing in the sun. Just got back from business in Phoenix. Weather was beatiful but I was cooped up in meetings all day! Thanks again.

Moosie

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have time check out restaurant.com. There are some listings for Weston.

Can't vouch for any since i haven't been to Weston yet.

60% off code 91971.

Have a great time, would love to hear about youe trip as I'll be staying at Mizner Place in May.

jmd42

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I went to weston mid jan. to see king tut exhibit.Took a drive to key largo (ate lunch at the fish-house- fish market?) it was wonderful.It has been my experience if your driving to miami or below, to take the turn-pike.If you enjoy italian food there is a great place called PIZZA HEAVEN it is in a small plaza on weston blvd. just before it deadends into griffin rd.ended up eating there three times that week.Have to look for it as you do everything in weston as they set all their business's and restaurants off the road and plant trees and bushes in front of them.they have a web-site--www.pizza heavenrestaurant.com. Have fun,

Moosie

TUG Member
Reaction score
JMD - how long was drive to Key Largo?

JillChang

Reaction score
it is 4 hours all the way down to key west, key largo is about 1 hour less I think. I think the weekend traffic is very bad, so go on weekday.

metfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go to Stevie B's RIB CAFE which is 5 minutes from where you will be...It is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live i Weston, great place and good location

jmd42

TUG Member
Reaction score
key largo is about 1-hour or so depending on what time,day and season.We took the turnpike.Always stop at restaurant/fish market for lunch.At least for their key-lime pie.Our favorite casual restaurant in weston was the (pizza heaven) always have good specials for fri-sat nite.location is on weston blvd. right before griffin rd.