• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Learning about Hyatt

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I've read you should get at least 1,800 points or more. Is it easy to trade into a Key West property or Coconut Plantation, or is it better to buy there to be sure? I can travel off season, so do not need prime times when the schools are out. Will also trade it in II occasionally.
Any suggestions on the best places to buy resale?

Thanks

Last edited:

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think I found some of the info in the Sticky's above. :)

Last edited:

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
If you buy to trade which we do buy Pinon Pointe, as it has the lowest maintenance fees. We travel everywhere but have never used our set week. We own 1800 and 2000 pt weeks at Pinon Pointe and a 2200 week at Beach House. We are very happy with Hyatt

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I've read you should get at least 1,800 points or more. Is it easy to trade into a Key West property or Coconut Plantation, or is it better to buy there to be sure? I can travel off season, so do not need prime times when the schools are out. Will also trade it in II occasionally.
Any suggestions on the best places to buy resale?

Thanks
Those are both fairly easy to trade into. Sunset Harbour can be more difficult but we typicaly can get in to the other 2 Key West resorts and even have stayed multiple times at Sunset by planning ahead. Coconut Plantation , we have never had trouble. Siesta Key , Northstar and Hawaii are the most challenging but again, we have stayed at all of them multiple times. You just need to be flexible and diligent for these resorts.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Those are both fairly easy to trade into. Sunset Harbour can be more difficult but we typicaly can get in to the other 2 Key West resorts and even have stayed multiple times at Sunset by planning ahead. Coconut Plantation , we have never had trouble. Siesta Key , Northstar and Hawaii are the most challenging but again, we have stayed at all of them multiple times. You just need to be flexible and diligent for these resorts.
Thank you, we are definitely flexible. Kids are grown. Beach House and Windward Pointe, did you feel they are to off the beaten path and do they have shuttles?

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, we are definitely flexible. Kids are grown. Beach House and Windward Pointe, did you feel they are to off the beaten path and do they have shuttles?

With KW being a 2 mile x 4 mile island, the beaten path can't be too far away. BH and WP are located in New Town - SH is located in Old Town. The vast majority of KW visitors want to stay in Old Town as that is where the majority of activity (shopping, restaurants, bars, historic sites, etc) is located. There is some availability at SH, however SH only has 40 units and has a high percentage of owners that reserve their week - so it can be a challenge to get a reservation. Note that SH has studio, 1 bd and 2 Bd units - BH and WP only have 2 bd units. If it's just the 2 of you, a studio would be a better points use that the 2 bd units of BH and WP. Note that with SH being the 1st Hyatt TS property, due to the unit layouts, it's studios are the least desirable in the system. BH and WP are almost twice the size of SH - so combine their size with their location in New Town, there's pretty much always availability at BH and WP. BH and WP do not have shuttles to Old Town. The prevailing concept is that you don't need a car/transportation if staying at SH, however if staying at BH and WP, a car/transportation (cab, Uber, bus, bike or scooter) is needed.

What/were you buy depends on how you want to travel/use the Hyatt system. If you want to travel to a different location/property each time and are flexible in your schedule, Tucsonadventurer is correct, buy at Pinon Pointe as it has the lowest maintenance fees in the HRC system. If you're looking to use the HRC system as a way to be in FL in the winter, buy where you'd spend the majority of your time. FYI: Weeks 1 thru 17 are 2200 point weeks in KW - your mileage with 1880 points will depend on how (studio vs 2 bd) and when you travel.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I really like Hyatt and own multiple weeks. Pinon Pointe is a great option if you'd like to use as a trader. However, the buy in can be quite a bit more as compared to say Wild Oak Ranch or the Key West resorts (but that may not be an issue depending on how good of a deal you get and how much you feel you will be able to get back when you sell).

If you can plan in advance and don't need to be there during the high season, I don't think you'll have much trouble getting into Sunset Harbor.

Do you own weeks in other systems? Trades aren't exactly plentiful in II for Key West resorts (and Sunset Harbor rarely becomes available in II), but if you can travel during the offseason I see availability on a fairly regular basis, both as exchanges and getaways.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for your replies, I will do more research on Hyatt and the workings of their system. All your replies were very helpful.