• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lead time to book Disney Saratoga Springs with Hilton Points deposited into RCI

kevreh

Reaction score
Ok, long title. But I have RCI points laying around and looked at Saratoga springs. I only see availability for August (its June 21st). Does that mean that there's nothing after August, or is the booking window short? What is the booking window?

Thanks.....

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC has switched to II going forward. There have still been rci deposits recently, presumably to use up points dvc members deposited before the switch. But if you have deposits you want to use for DVC I would do it sooner rather than later...

kevreh

Reaction score
DVC has switched to II going forward. There have still been rci deposits recently, presumably to use up points dvc members deposited before the switch. But if you have deposits you want to use for DVC I would do it sooner rather than later...

Does that mean Saratoga won't be available with RCI points? thx

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does that mean Saratoga won't be available with RCI points? thx

Going forward there won't be any Saratoga or other DVC in RCI. Nobody knows how long they will keep making new deposits from the old trades, but I can't imagine it'll be much longer.

kevreh

Reaction score
Going forward there won't be any Saratoga or other DVC in RCI. Nobody knows how long they will keep making new deposits from the old trades, but I can't imagine it'll be much longer.
Bummer, thanks

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Nobody knows how long they will keep making new deposits from the old trades, but I can't imagine it'll be much longer.

The theoretical cutoff date is based on how long RCI points are valid for. E.g. if they're valid 2 years (someone correct me if not?), and the RCI to II switch happened on 1/1/2022, then it would be 2 years from that date. Before that, there's still a chance of catching something.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Based on DVC’s announcement (link), @Nowaker is correct.
DVC told their members that any confirmed RCI reservations or points that have been deposited to RCI will be honored through 2023.

But who knows how many DVC point deposits are left in RCI. :shrug:
As @bizaro86 stated earlier, it would be wise to book DVC sooner rather than later ;).

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Based on the Sticky thread in the TUG Sightings forum, they’ve seen DVC weeks in RCI through December 2022. Need to be a TUG MEMBER to view the TUG Sightings forum (link)

NOTE: DVC weeks are in high demand so sighted weeks don’t stick around in RCI for long ;)

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
This year have been the very best year for DVC deposits in RCI. We have seen a lot of deposits for AKV, BWV, BRV, OKW and SSR. For the 3 first resorts the deposits have been going like hot cakes.

IF and that's a big IF, DVC deposits any more dates into RCI you need to do 2 things to ensure you get an exchange.

1. Setup an ongoing search. You can do that free of charge.
2. Stalk the RCI website and search for DVC deposits multiple times daily. DONT create a search that will pull up all potential DVC inventory, it does not work correctly and you won't see most if not all newly deposited inventory. Instead you need to browse each resort separately.

When you setup an ongoing search that search will only match WEEKS deposits. When DVC makes deposits they deposits either or both WEEKS and POINTS inventory. Points inventory do not match any searches and you need to confirm those manually as you do with other exchanges in RCI.

as @alwysonvac mentioned you really need to become a member of tug so you among other things can use the sightings board. In there tug members post what they see in RCI but also other exchange possibilities from exchange companies are listed in there.

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is not all bad. This year, for the first time that I recall, I was able to book the Wyndham Old Town Alexandria using HGVC RCI points. This resort is seldom available for RCI and even Wyndham owners that do not own the resort have trouble booking there. I own there also and it is a perfect location for visiting D.C. as it is literally across the street from the Metro station. There is also a free bus that runs up and down King street in front of the location that will get you to many fine restaurants and shops.