• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Le Blanc - Palace Elite Membership?

craigas2

Reaction score
My wife and I just got back from Le Blanc in Cabo. We loved it. We met several members (I guess it is called Palace Elite or something like that?) that were happy with their memberships and was wondering if anyone on this forum had any insights into the buying process, pricing, membership levels, and if these are available on the resale market?

Thanks so much!!!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
.....Le Blanc in Cabo. We loved it. We met ... members (I guess it is called Palace Elite or something like that?) that were happy ...and was wondering if anyone on this forum had any insights
into the buying process,
pricing, membership levels,
if these are available on the resale market?

Thanks so much!!!

Welcome to TUG - Timeshare Users Group

This looks like a newer level of the Palace Resorts that run Moon Palace Cancun
The Cabo property opened in 2018.

I could find no resale listings on RedWeek
This may mean that this level membership is still in a growth phase and they have not yet reached the resale market

Here is one resort promo article from April 2018
Le Blanc Spa Resort opens it's second property in Los Cabos

It seems to be a high end All Inclusive with a lot of client service
Here are a couple of TUG Mexican Forum threads that may help

Moon Palace Cancun Info / 2021

Palace Resorts Mexico -5 Star All Inclusive / 2019

You may wish to Conversation -PM owners such as
@pierrepierre and @Joan-OH for some additional insights or information

You can do this by clicking on their blue TUG user name and following the prompts

Last edited:

cheech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bahia Principe Privilege Club, Royal Elite Vacation Club
Feel free to send me a message, I am a Legendary HoF member as well as Palace Premiere.

craigas2

Reaction score

This may mean that this level membership is still in a growth phase and they have not yet reached the resale market

You can do this by clicking on their blue TUG user name and following the prompts
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!!

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at Moon Palace Sunrise a month ago. We were told they are no longer issuing free (Imperial) weeks with new/upgraded membership purchases. Instead, they are giving buyers Universal credits, which can be used to pay for future reservations. Cannot confirm that this is accurate, just what we were told.

in terms of membership levels, there are quite a few now, but I don’t know all of them. I BELIEVE the entry level membership was (is?) Premier. The next step is Elite, followed by VIP Elite. I think Diamond is next. There are levels after that, but I don’t know now we they are. Diamond and above require substantial dollars, way above what we would be able and/or willing to pay!

Palace Resorts memberships are fairly complicated, IMO. As mentioned above, I would suggest using someone else’s membership to go to the resorts. At least for a while.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Do not buy. Palace Resorts is awesome, i've owned for years but never use my membership to vacation there, i always book thru a Diamond Elite member.

The Palace system gives 'unlimited' weeks to owners. Palace rewards owners with a free week for every 2 they book for others. So you can find Diamond Owners selling their weeks at a lower price than regular elite members pay plus you get all the Diamond level perks. Also the rates and benefits vary depending on which country you live in so it's best to find a Canadian Diamond if you are Canadian, or UK Diamond if you are From UK, etc. They all have Facebook groups. Lmk if you need recommendations or help finding them online.

cheech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bahia Principe Privilege Club, Royal Elite Vacation Club
Do not buy. Palace Resorts is awesome, i've owned for years but never use my membership to vacation there, i always book thru a Diamond Elite member.

The Palace system gives 'unlimited' weeks to owners. Palace rewards owners with a free week for every 2 they book for others. So you can find Diamond Owners selling their weeks at a lower price than regular elite members pay plus you get all the Diamond level perks. Also the rates and benefits vary depending on which country you live in so it's best to find a Canadian Diamond if you are Canadian, or UK Diamond if you are From UK, etc. They all have Facebook groups. Lmk if you need recommendations or help finding them online.
You only get the full diamond level perks if the Diamond member travels the same time as you do. Otherwise, you would be a black band VIP.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

You're unlikely to find a lot of resales, because Palace is an "only pay if you go" scheme.

pierrepierre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace Resorts
That is correct...Pay in advance for the use you will have. We do not golf, did not include any golf in our package...but use the spa - which is terrific! We also like the idea we can get there rather fast: TVC-DTW-CUN....then, the private transfer to the property! Alas, with more time now, we are considering their other properties. Jamaica was a good holiday too, however it runs to a different beat than the Mexico properties. We have advanced to Palace Elite, which we do not regret at all. Love that level, and love the different options! It is all a case of, "You Purchase What You Will Use". LeBlanc is terrific & relaxing with....sans kids!

melisarn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seawatch Plantation
My wife and I just got back from Le Blanc in Cabo. We loved it. We met several members (I guess it is called Palace Elite or something like that?) that were happy with their memberships and was wondering if anyone on this forum had any insights into the buying process, pricing, membership levels, and if these are available on the resale market?

Thanks so much!!!
As of last week the palace is trying to put the screws to residents and diamond members.. people that have invested a lot of money they have froze all their accounts not wanting them to sell their weeks.. The sound similar to what Wyndham tried to do with the mega owners… I would personally never a Mexican timeshare as the country is so corrupt

pierrepierre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace Resorts
Have been to LeBlanc in Cancun, and now just booked LeBlanc in Cabo! This will be a real treat for us - and as I posted earlier, Palace Resorts is pay in advance for what you will use - which means you LOCK in the pricing. Gas, homes, everything is seeing an increase - so we look at our purchase of Palace Resorts and think we made a wise move. However, I do not think that Mexico is any more corrupt than what we have happening here is USA. If one does not like it, do not travel there.....very simple!

snerkles1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Hillside
Do not buy. Find Facebook groups for Palace members and they can book for you at a discount. Use redweek and Tugg to find where you want to go. Better use of your $